Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost my saves, anyone have a historical progression Romani save with Polybian or Marian reforms achieved?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Lost my saves, anyone have a historical progression Romani save with Polybian or Marian reforms achieved?

Quote Originally Posted by filmfixed View Post
    Here are the files, sorry! I totally should of just added them for good measure before I went to bed, we must be in pretty different time zones aha
    I've added a bunch of saves from different points in the campaign and the two files I think I've edited. If it won't load then there is possibly another file that you might need so tell me if that's the case and I'll try find it.
    PS remember to make back ups of your files before replacing them.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Excellent! Another one to the rescue! That's +1 rep to you too! For helping out isa0005.

@TheCataphract: in terms of improving game performance, eliminating shadows and stuff like that certainly helps, but I've also noticed that my game performance is boosted immensely by changing the "filter" option under advanced options from whatever it was before down to "trilinear" or even "bilinear", the latter one being used if you put all your settings on the automatic low settings. I can still play with "high" unit detail and "high" texture quality too! I could probably even get away with "highest" level unit detail if I wanted to, although I find that during enormous battles with three or four armies my game gets a wee bit too choppy enough for my tastes, so plain-old "high" is optimal.

Default Re: Lost my saves, anyone have a historical progression Romani save with Polybian or Marian reforms achieved?

The filter option helps quite a bit with performance. Even the shader option can be useful but it seems shader 1 breaks water textures.They appear completely white to me.

@Romanius & Victrix
    Holy guac the game runs as smooth as a baby's butt when I set Anisotropic x8 to Trilinear.
    Coupled in with a few more tweaks I can run the game silky smooth now, thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCataphract View Post
    @Romanius & Victrix
    Holy guac the game runs as smooth as a baby's butt when I set Anisotropic x8 to Trilinear.
    Coupled in with a few more tweaks I can run the game silky smooth now, thanks guys!

Hey man, no problem!

To me this stuff wasn't obvious at all for a very long time and was certainly not first-hand knowledge. In fact, it was only recently (this year) that I discovered why my present and previous computers sometimes had serious lag issues with M2TW mods, especially Third Age Total War and the millions of orcs on the screen in each battle! I actually discovered the performance boost by accident when fiddling around with settings for that very mod (using its submod MOS, the "Massive Overhaul" one). I already knew that turning everything down to the lowest settings would improve performance, frames per second, and overall speed, but I had no idea that I could keep many of my settings on high and just kick down the filter to drastically improve performance.

To be honest, someone should make a thread about that somewhere! Knowledge about this stuff really isn't innate. I only wish I had known about it earlierl! It would have saved a lot of headaches caused by CTDs over graphics issues and such. Inclement weather is also a problem for my crap video card ("Family HD" nonsense built into my HP Pavilion Notebook), so I edited the weather file and made sure there are never any storms with lightning or even blizzards during winter, only light rain and some fog at most.

Biarchus

I've got one. 2.2 I can't remember the exact turn, perhaps turn 90. No reforms yet, war with Carthage. I own Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, mainland Italy and 2 of the northern cisalpine settlements.

However, when trying to upload to my TW center profile, it says invalid file. Anyone know how else I can attach it? It's almost 7MB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    I've got one. 2.2 I can't remember the exact turn, perhaps turn 90. No reforms yet, war with Carthage. I own Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, mainland Italy and 2 of the northern cisalpine settlements.

However, when trying to upload to my TW center profile, it says invalid file. Anyone know how else I can attach it? It's almost 7MB's.
    That's odd. There should be no problems with a file as small as 7 MB. I think the maximum is 50 MB or something for TWC uploads. In either case you could try DropBox or even Megaupload to host your files. Besides that, I often use ModDB, but that's for mods, not saved games.

Ooh! There's also Google Drive! That one's handy tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post

The forum doesn't let you attach file formats it doesn't recognise. Put it in a zip file and it should be fine.

Biarchus

I'm not sure if this worked but I tried a zip. Here goes.Roma.7z

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks all for the save games... with the release of 2.2b it seems it was all for naught however! Really appreciate your work though and keep up being an awesome community!

I am looking forward that someone post it for 2.2b

It's not entirely for naught.

...yes, it's 2.2b
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by haereticum View Post

...yes, it's 2.2b

Thanks but for some reason when loading the file the game puts me back to the main menu. anyone knows what causes this?

P.D: using 2.2b

Quote Originally Posted by haereticum View Post

...yes, it's 2.2b
    Cheers!
    On a side note, I've noticed a running trend... whats the deal with people playing as Rome and not invading Africa...? I mean I know they're 'across the pond' as it were, but it gives the player some great opportunities and resources with the greater developed cities and such... just a thought is all... (not directed specifically at you haereticum btw, thank you for your work!)

Caesar_1991's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by filmfixed View Post
    I could yeah, I've edited stuff to do with coming of age too in another file so that you don't get proposals of marriage for the same person for like 20 turns. The campaign script file changes are to make all of the reforms happen earlier because my current play style is quite a fast expansion and hate conquering a lot of land with just the Camillan troops. I'm at around turn 60 now so the thureos reforms have already happened in my campaign and the polybian reform will fire any turn now if I have the right amount of battles with Carthage. I'm currently fighting the first Makedonian war and am taking on Carthaginian remnants in Spain as well as the native Iberians.

Every faction is still alive except for KH
    How do you see the date? I have nothing there

filmfixed's Avatar Libertus

I believe it is an option somewhere in your config file. Not sure which one, a more knowledgeable person will have to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar_1991 View Post
    How do you see the date? I have nothing there
    It's in the config. If it's not appearing, check your medieval2.preferences.cfg and make sure that has it too.

I thought this was bug, do we know what setting it is specifically?

EDIT:
    Nvm worked it out, its

[misc]
    show_hud_date = 1

Make sure that is also in the medieval2.preferences.cfg as well
    Last edited by isa0005; July 06, 2016 at 07:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12