Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The return of TWC Minecraft

Default The return of TWC Minecraft

Roxas (Rainbow_splat in Minecraft) has offered to host a new TWC community server if there is enough interest. I offered to help him set up the plugins.

There have been many changes to the game in the last 18 months. Shields have been introduced, along with new sword fighting mechanics. There are quite a few new blocks and items. The Ender Dragon can now be respawned. These should all be fun to experience.

Factions will return along with the other features we are used to such as the armour plugin, RetractableBridge and PorteCoulissante. I have been experimenting with other plugins as well. The memory problem which caused movecraft to crash GED's server last time we tried it has been fixed. That means we could have ships on this new server. I thought cannons were pretty cool when we had them as well. We should bring those back. There's also a plugin which allows Iron Golems to fight humans from enemy factions rather than just mobs. Of course, if any of them cause problems we can remove them fast and still have a working factions server.

So, who's interested?

Default Re: The return of TWC Minecraft

When will this be deleted?

Last time GED didnt allow the use of his forum...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Depending on the faction vs faction ruleset I might be. Have Hex agreed to allow this to exist on TWC? Being under totally new management is probably a plus in your favour at least.

I'm in, and I hope this discussion is allowed to stay, it'd be a shame to ruin this.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Make the server great again.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by niels1313 View Post
    Make the server great again.

+1

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah sure, got a fair amount of free time at the mo and no decent games have come out. Why not.

Cannons are ing awful, as awful as playing without neils and rokusho, jamal, i might play but not without them. Also i'd fine with paying 3 euro's a month if a server is successful but I'm not going to join a server if its just going to fall inactive again. Like i told u in steam we need something to be change bigly, maybe some villager mod so that I don't have to ing mine for hours again, as I don't enjoy that, and some mod that makes trading of resources in different parts of the world relevant. But most of all u need ppl. Goodluck and so, I will come and profit after u have done all the hard work and then complain about all that is lacking and wrong like i always do

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

As I said on Steam too, not a fan of cannons. Preferred the scarcity of explosions, it made it far more exciting when it really happened.

I wasn't a very dedicated member, but I have far more free time now and I'd love to see the server make a comeback

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm totally in for this. I can drag my guildies and stuff from Star Wars over.

If this is happening we need however 2 important things: 1: GED's support for advertisement, here on TWC, we need to recruit more bigly on TWC, secondly, we need members from other places, preferably the paradox forums as they are prob just as autist s as we are.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That was the issue with minecraftcenter. It wasn't appealing to the type of player that keeps this game alive, which was those who invested themselves in the RP element. When the community was here on TWC, it thrived.

To be honest, it can be here on TWC. Just treat the community with the expectation that if it's going to be on TWC, it has to abide by the TOS whenever they're here on the website. I think in-game you can loosen a few of the rules, mainly regarding cursing and to one extent or another the name-calling (cause most of that was just joking around and we really were all friends). But I think a mature community could work.

I think there's a big appeal for a mature community because 90% of the people playing minecraft now are like, 10.

BTW, could we do the resource points too? I thought that feature from map 2 was a fantastic idea.

Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

For now this thread is a measure of the interest from TWC guys so I will stress that this it is merely seeing if there is enough interest from you guys to make it worth asking if we could use the forums again. So please do not treat this idea as being approved by Hex. If there is enough interest I will be trying to talk with them to see whether they would allow us to use the forums, however if that ultimately does not work out there is always the option of starting off-site again albeit I'm unsure if that would be as successful.
    Last edited by Roxas; June 22, 2016 at 07:04 AM.

Mike92574's Avatar Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm going to hazard a guess that Redmond Boyle is 123Brogan?

Anyway if the server's forums isn't on TWC, then there's no point in even trying to create one. Ditro brought the community server online twice. Both times he had large amounts of core players from previous maps but it failed once we moved off TWC.

I'm of the opinion that the server needs to have as few gimmicks as possible. Ditro had the perfect alignment of plugins in that it was similar to map 2 and 3. I'm not convinced on cannons since they basically can be used to batter a fortification to the ground. All they encourage is building thick gamey castles and not actual spectacular castles. Iron Golems don't sound like a great idea as it'd take away from the vanilla fighting that we all know and love. That said, maybe it's worth testing them with large amounts of players prior to a launch.

Anywho, I might join, but couldn't be as active as before. I think if you want this server to exist then you do need to attract a large amount of players from former factions. You'd pretty much require at the minimum players from three large former factions such as NK, Belka, Wolfpack or Vaenor. Without that, you don't really stand much of a chance of staying active. The reason a large amount of players used to stick around was due to their interest in the history of the server. On that note, is it possible to retrieve the wiki?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

TBH a fresh history would be kind of nice. All the old stuff would be legendary tales.

And TBH I agree, I really don't wanna try implementing ships or cannons or the iron golem thing until we have a basic setup going.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; June 22, 2016 at 09:18 AM.

I'm actually of a different opinion. I think we should add any new content that takes our fancy. If it's troublesome, we can try to change it until it suits us.

I'm certainly not worried about ships. They will not change the game much. They can't harm forts on land after all. Sea battles will only happen if the defenders choose to defend a ship. I think this should be on the server from the very start. There is a little more risk involved in the other two plugins, that's for sure.

I can hold off on implementing cannons until we have discussed them as a community. I have removed cannon's ability to fire TNT. Right now only cobblestone (which breaks a few blocks in a row but doesn't explode) and melon seeds can be fired from them. There is also no recipe plugin to craft cheap TNT. This should seriously weaken cannons. I took part in two major sieges on map 5 (Palamaine and North Korea) and even those high-powered TNT cannons didn't actually do any major structural damage. They were only used to score direct hits against players. These new weakened ones will be even less damaging to structures.

I can also put Iron Golems on hold until we have similarly discussed it together. They do have the potential to be gamey. You can spawn one right before an enemy charges at you. However, they cost money, and their price can be increased to balance them. I can also modify their health and damage output the if they are too strong or too weak. If we balance them right they might be fun addition to the game. Or they might be terrible. I think at some point we should try them during a special event and find out.

I do like the idea of a fresh history.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If ships are working correctly, they'd be a nice thing to have at the start. I still have my "Byzantine Dromon" design around here somewhere and I'm sure my "flamethrower" design could be quite useful.

Although honestly I still think we should hold off on cannons and Iron golems, especially the latter. TBH I don't even know if it's worth having the Iron golems. However, I think cannons should be discussed as a community.

Can we get a plugin that allows you to throw bricks like eggs? I've always wanted to smash windows with them.

I don't really have the kind of free time I used to but I'd definitely join some faction and help build every now and then

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I wouldn't move it off TWC even if it becomes popular because previous experience shows that it isolates the community and makes attracting new players difficult. That you haven't even spoken to Hex makes me believe this is unlikely to happen at all, even with new management.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast