Thread: Some Begginer Questions

Default Some Begginer Questions

I just started playing as Rome and I have a question. After some turns, the advisor keeps talking about Colonists and that I can build stuff, but I don't see anything of what he's talking about, and he doesnt shut up! Every turn he pesters me with the same message and I got no idea on what he's talking about.

Also, what's wrong with the Spear Units? Units like the Triarii are barelly doing anything. In a unit of 82 guys, only the front soldiers are attacking, the rest is just stationary looking at the birds flying. They dont push or fight or whatever. Is this normal?

Default Re: Some Begginer Questions

You can build colonies on italian (not Rome itself) regions with socii italii or ius lationurm government. It also requires strategic fortifications in the province. At the beginning there are no provinces that have the prerequisites (namely strategic fortifications) except capua, which has a colony level 1, that you can upgrade. It's often in the 3rd line ine building UI, so you might have not seen it

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I have also noticed that som profesional hoplitelike spearunits have problems with charging properly. If that happens I usually just click behind or next to the enemy unit to get the rest of ym guys in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pherion View Post
    I just started playing as Rome and I have a question. After some turns, the advisor keeps talking about Colonists and that I can build stuff, but I don't see anything of what he's talking about, and he doesnt shut up! Every turn he pesters me with the same message and I got no idea on what he's talking about.
    The advisor is talking about colony points, I believe, of which you generate a certain number every few (10?) turns. You need one colony point for each colony foundation or upgrade, so even if you don't have any cities that can build them at the moment, you will store up the points over time allowing you to build the colonies later.

You can find more info in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-and-Colonies

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31