Thread: Let's Play as United Kingdom

Default Let's Play as United Kingdom

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Let's Play as United Kingdom

A great Let's Play! I like the way that your first episode ends on a cliffhanger, with the start of a naval battle. During the sea battle in the second episode, I noticed that you comment on the slow speed and lack of agility of the big ships of the line - I think this is a feature of DarthMod, to provide greater realism for sea battles. This feature reminds me that frigates were popular with captains in this era because they were fast and agile, while having enough firepower to capture smaller vessels.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    A great Let's Play! I like the way that your first episode ends on a cliffhanger, with the start of a naval battle. During the sea battle in the second episode, I noticed that you comment on the slow speed and lack of agility of the big ships of the line - I think this is a feature of DarthMod, to provide greater realism for sea battles. This feature reminds me that frigates were popular with captains in this era because they were fast and agile, while having enough firepower to capture smaller vessels.
    I'll just avoid naval battles from now on. They are fun, but not a good fit for a let's play.

Also, vote for my Empire Total War faction. Voting ends today, and right now Spain and Prussia are fighting at the top.

Last edited by MarshallEdin; June 21, 2016 at 08:12 AM.

Last edited by MarshallEdin; July 03, 2016 at 04:15 PM.

Your battle in Denmark, in part 16, looks enjoyable. I was surprised that you sent cavalry to attack the enemy artillery from the front rather than the flanks or rear, but your attack seemed to work. At times, I wonder if it was difficult to see what was happening through the smoke! It looks like the battle at Berlin (which was about to happen at the end of part 16) will be a challenge, with so many units (including reinforcements) on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Your battle in Denmark, in part 16, looks enjoyable. I was surprised that you sent cavalry to attack the enemy artillery from the front rather than the flanks or rear, but your attack seemed to work. At times, I wonder if it was difficult to see what was happening through the smoke! It looks like the battle at Berlin (which was about to happen at the end of part 16) will be a challenge, with so many units (including reinforcements) on the battlefield.
    I really like the fact that you are watching the lets play and analyzing it in the process. Here are the last parts of it:

An impressive victory for your British campaign!