Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Yes agreed Pasan, although not sure Wood Elves are quite what I am waiting for, High and Dark sound Fun, so do the Tomb Kings, also a bigger map. Do I presume correctly that the 2 main Elven factions won't be out till the second expansion, which when April? Christmas would be nice but fat chance!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

yeah but it looks like the next DLC is Grim&The Grave for the Orcs and Stunties. Then I'm almost certain Wood Elves will get a beast men treatment, Brets will be made playable (TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH) and Beastmen will get some new units, and those three will come out close to each other, then Tomb Kings might be a good while after that (March?). Next "game" I recon will come around next may/june w the dark elves and the Lizards.

Fun fact: In Norse mythology dark elves were probably another term for Dwarves.
    Last edited by Påsan; October 09, 2016 at 08:39 AM.

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    yeah but it looks like the next DLC is Grim&The Grave for the Orcs and Stunties. Then I'm almost certain Wood Elves will get a beast men treatment, Brets will be made playable (TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH) and Beastmen will get some new units, and those three will come out close to each other, then Tomb Kings might be a good while after that (March?). Next "game" I recon will come around next may/june w the dark elves and the Lizards.

Fun fact: In Norse mythology dark elves were probably another term for Dwarves.
    How do you think the Skaven will get incorporated? Dlc for the first game or part of the second installment?

Citizen

Either a campaign DLC somewhere along the line or something else. But you know, the Lizardmen have to fight someone over in Lustria.

yeah but it looks like the next DLC is Grim&The Grave for orcs and Stunties. Then I'm almost certain Wood Elves will get a beast men treatment, Brets will be made playable (TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH) and Beastmen will get some new units, and those three will come out close to each other, then Tomb Kings might be a good while after that (March?). Next "game" I recon will come around next may/june w the dark elves and the Lizards. Fun fact: In Norse mythology dark elves were probably another term for Dwarves.
    That's how I see it too (though maybe the next will take alot longer to come out, I'm betting closer to another year if it's going to encompass the elves and Lizardmen). It'd be somewhat odd for lizardmen and dark elves not to be in the same expansion together. They're mortal enemies and are one of the main conflicts in Lustria with Skaven, chaos, orcs, undead and human expeditions being sideshows.

It's a worrying balance, really. Either they take care creating a massive expansion for Ulthuan and Lustria and end up taking years to develop it or they make it shoddier than the current Old World map and cut off more content to get it out quicker but hurt the quality. I'm hopeful, though. CA's done a pretty good job so far with the game besides some obvious missteps.

Also, nice funfact. I wonder if that's the reasoning for why early TT dwarf mercenaries could ally with the dark elves but not the high elves or wood elves.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Seems Dwarfs and Greenies are getting a Grim and Grave next, rather than woodelves https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cue9c6eWYAAU4P5.jpg:large

Bit surprised it took so long since the last DLC, I was expecting something bigger than G&G next, but I guess they don't want to spam out new races either, and the shorties and greens do need some love.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Kinda makes sense not to leave them unloved before getting the WE out. The official forum seemed quite convinced it would be Elves next and I was pretty surprised as well... buuuut if the next game is elf-heavy then it makes more sense to keep them for later as a taster.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wood Elves were taking longer than expected, so they pushed the LL DLC out instead, which they probably had prepared shortly after release.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I too was looking towards the Wood Elfs. I fail to see how releasing some lords and units for the already existing factions would spice up the game much.

I bought Grim&Grave and honestly never got to actually play it yet. I simply shelved it despite the fact that I wanted to start campaign with Volkimar.
    But then I was like: same campaign start, same factions around me, similar diplomacy and enemies...If only each new LL allowed us to play different faction, it'd be a blast. I sooo wanna play some of the northern Dwarf realms, like Zhufbar.

This is just more of the same, bleh..
    Last edited by Beregond; October 12, 2016 at 04:49 AM.

Exactly my thoughts

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

They are first trying to sell new units of the existing armies knowing that the respective fan boys will dive to buy them on the spot. They've just adapted the same rules of marketing/sales applied for the tabletop version of the game.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

I've bought all DLC for Warhammer.
    Since I ignored Napoléon, Shogun 2 and Attila, I'm willing to invest some money, but possible Medieval is not planed for me and also possible Empire.

Due to the expensive DLC I cant buy anything CA offer.

But this DLC could be good one. Different start positions are interesting and Goblin faction is cool.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I want some factions with like "imperial distrust" not to confederate, i wish that all factions would expand when they see the opportunity (i have seen dwarves just looking at razed cities being all like, nah f dat".
    Most of all though, i would like alliances among smaller factions afraid of the big growing ones, so they can fight as a team, so that you can plan ahead how to sunder and rule with diplomacy. If you are "trustworthy" and give a smaller faction a defensive alliance, then it should be like "yey we are the chosen ones". This steamroll boulder is what must be fixed, not by player-racism, but by factionleaders roleplaying their role.

So gief diplomacy dlc.
    Last edited by Habelo; October 17, 2016 at 04:21 PM.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    i have seen dwarves just looking at razed cities being all like, nah f dat".
    This really needs to be fixed. I have seen this too, everytime I play. THe norse dudes are able to rebild cities but the dwarfs just seem to ignore razed mountain cities and do not rebuild them.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

That's because Norscans are cash strapped with all the raiding while stingy dwarves are always broke and can't afford that easily to re-pop the cities they lost.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

Well, as long as the leak in the first post is still correct (and everything points towards so), then the next DLC will be Wood Elves. Then 2 more fillers, then Tomb Kings, one filler, Skaven, two fillers, Chaos Dwarfs, one filler, Ogre Kingdoms.

Wait, actually, it might change a little. DLC 1 was playable chaos, 2 was Blood Knights, 3 was beastman, 4 Grim & Grave... oh, nice, PFM is our friend after all. King & Warlord is DLC 6. That means most likely the Elves were delayed indeed, but SHOULD be next.

Another relevant thing to take into consideration is the Free-LC timeline in Steam. Not updated for King & Warlord, but we did get a new free greenskin Legendary Lord, so next FLC should be the new playable race. As the background of the Legendary Lord is indeed ork, I'd say that the Bretonian shield over a forest does mean we will get Bretonia as a playable faction with the Elves update. Since we got one only eleven days ago, some three weeks more of waiting are to be expected, I'd believe.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Neece View Post
    Well, as long as the leak in the first post is still correct (and everything points towards so), then the next DLC will be Wood Elves. Then 2 more fillers, then Tomb Kings, one filler, Skaven, two fillers, Chaos Dwarfs, one filler, Ogre Kingdoms.

Wait, actually, it might change a little. DLC 1 was playable chaos, 2 was Blood Knights, 3 was beastman, 4 Grim & Grave... oh, nice, PFM is our friend after all. King & Warlord is DLC 6. That means most likely the Elves were delayed indeed, but SHOULD be next.

Another relevant thing to take into consideration is the Free-LC timeline in Steam. Not updated for King & Warlord, but we did get a new free greenskin Legendary Lord, so next FLC should be the new playable race. As the background of the Legendary Lord is indeed ork, I'd say that the Bretonian shield over a forest does mean we will get Bretonia as a playable faction with the Elves update. Since we got one only eleven days ago, some three weeks more of waiting are to be expected, I'd believe.
    in regards to the part i made bold
    the FLC line of steam was not updated because CA distrubuted it as a DLC IE not in a patch but downloadable seperately
    steam counts that as a DLC wheter it is paid or not
    so that is the reason that the steam FLC list did not update
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Citizen

I think K&W was moved into the WE&B slot beacuse people was mad about multiplayer balance after G&G dlc.

Btw there's a pic released of a wood-house in the official thing if there was any doubt that we're getting the Warhammer version of Lothorien.

Wood Elves are probably the most direct t
    Tolkien-copy in the warhammer universe. "Loren/Lorien" "Ariel/Galadriel" "ents/treeman"

Wonder if they are going to have an archer dude with a massive bonus vs large.

Stripped of all subtle sense of wonder of course but still.
    Last edited by Påsan; November 02, 2016 at 02:29 AM.

I think K&W was moved into the WE&B slot beacuse people was mad about multiplayer balance after G&G dlc.

Btw there's a pic released of a wood-house in the official thing if there was any doubt that we're getting the Warhammer version of Lothorien.

Wood Elves are probably the most direct t
    Tolkien-copy in the warhammer universe. "Loren/Lorien" "Ariel/Galadriel" "ents/treeman"

Wonder if they are going to have an archer dude with a massive bonus vs large.

Stripped of all subtle sense of wonder of course but still.
    He'd make a good Warrior Hero for the Wood Elves.

... oh man, can you imagine a quest chain that requires you to have certain named hero units?

... Creative Assembly, I'm waiting for the Gotrek and Felix heroes please.

... also man this is making me wish that heroes had their own sorta randomized quest chains too...
    Forward, march!

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Sheep View Post
    He'd make a good Warrior Hero for the Wood Elves.

... oh man, can you imagine a quest chain that requires you to have certain named hero units?

... Creative Assembly, I'm waiting for the Gotrek and Felix heroes please.

... also man this is making me wish that heroes had their own sorta randomized quest chains too...
    I second that. I have been thinking lately how cool it would be for CA to make a mercenary/dogs of war campaign featuring Commander Bernhardt and the Grudgebringers as protagonists. They could start in the Border Princes, and have to travel to different provinces to recruit regiments to face their unique campaign threat.