Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Is from warhammer universe?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Yep , they even got Araby mage ship, Sartosa pirate, Chaos Dwarves mechanical kraken, Skaven dead carrion ship, high elves ship with dragon, etc

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Do you Think CA has any plans to add that?

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

Unlikely imo

I was always under the impression that they'll add sea battles when they finally get to putting in High Elves and Dark Elves.... thought I seem to remember Tilea has a pretty good fleet...
    Forward, march!

Let just hope they will forget about naval battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydrayn View Post
    Let just hope they will forget about naval battles.
    Why ? I say lets just hope they will include naval battles.

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

But naval battles are never fun in Total War. They've never worked well and they've never been enjoyable. I'd be much happier for them to spend the time and money it takes to make an entire new kind of battle, on polishing everything else.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

If any game in the entire TW series can make Naval battles fun and interesting, Warhammer has the potential to be it. There needs to be gunpowder and highly variable faction units, which W:TW has, and mixed in with magic, monsters etc they could be the best since FotS. Could. I don't know exactly what the licensing agreement with GW was though and whether it covered stuff in the Man O War/Dreadfleet IPs. I actually suspect it didn't as games like Man O War Corsair presumably use it as a single license.

If we get to the second game with large ocean areas and it's still autoresolve that would be lame as all hell.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    Why ? I say lets just hope they will include naval battles.
    Mostly because I don't like them, I never liked the general vibe even on the TT, since they never felt like the same game to me. Better focus in improving the ground battles instead of opening a new area with low quality content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    But naval battles are never fun in Total War. They've never worked well and they've never been enjoyable. I'd be much happier for them to spend the time and money it takes to make an entire new kind of battle, on polishing everything else.
    Don't use absolutistic statements, I personally had much fun in Naval battles.

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    Don't use absolutistic statements, I personally had much fun in Naval battles.
    Well, I just think naval battles are totally unbalanced and have horrible gameplay. Just my opinion though of course
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

The fellows on Reddit actually uncovered naval unit data files several months ago.

https://m.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comm...l_major_races/

It'll have to be a future expansion to see if they're able to be implemented, though.

Also, CA did hints at Dread fleet's existence in the game as the vampire admiral in that game gets mentioned by the vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    I'm not sure newer WE lore support it. They are very much on the defensive, losing ground to spreading corruption of Morghur.
    The armybook that came out for the wood elves during the beginning of the End Times supports it. The forest is held back by the high elf warding stones (as it always was) but the forest had begun growing roots into world and spreading it's influence far beyond Athel Loren's borders so it was a possibility that you could encounter a random island jungle altered by the roots and find yourself transported to the heart of Athel Loren.

In anycase, Athel Loren's on the defense has little meaning in TW since your goal will be eventually covering the world with forest. (Or just a more mundane conquer everything mechanic)

Quote Originally Posted by kelembribor21 View Post
    Yep , they even got Araby mage ship, Sartosa pirate, Chaos Dwarves mechanical kraken, Skaven dead carrion ship, high elves ship with dragon, etc

I love this!!!

But Ca cant do it... they cant even make naval battles in historical games work as they were historically, naval battles in warhammer is more complicated... each ship will require specific animation,...

How many types of ships per race will they make?

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

CA already advise they will not support naval battles, so no need to talk about ships types.

Im just worry CA split chaos warriors into 4 or 5 factions.
    Maybe CA did not understand, that chaos warriors have not that much units variations, but they have the gods abilities, which give stats variations.
    So I hope CA let them as one faction and Let us the option to specializise units and lords. Same as per warhammer fantasy.

This are my thoughts as Chaos Warriors table top player.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Lore-wise and from gameplay perspective, split Chaos factions would be a great idea.

We all just know that they'll only do it if they can DLC all five.

Guess they had neither time or money to do it since they clearly made a comrpomise by having your Chaos stacks take attrition damage from being too close to eachother. Reminds me of "Emergency Defense Forces" from Hannibal At the Gates, which were basically free immobile army spawns for the AI once you enter their home provinces, which itself was also an admission that captain armies and/or lack of configurable garrisons was a terrible idea.

Looks like another leak confirmed the presence of naval units:

Source

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

There will be no ships battles. CA said that in Interview. For got the Name of that person. DLC was leaked already. No ships there.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

I wouldn't mind not having naval battles, too. Thinking about Dwarf fleets feel realy odd to me. Doesn't make much sense for the current map anyway.

Total Warhammer could be the place where Naval battles actually shine, as they don't just consist of ramming/boarding or sailing past each other blasting away with cannons. You'd have that, obviously, but then you've got magical spells, sea monsters, creatures like Triton rising onto the map to cause havoc, and you've got a vastly more varied set of ships and fighting styles.

However, I think I'd rather they, initially, go back to the old way boats worked in Rome, Medieval 2, etc. It's simpler, and I'd rather they worked harder on making other units than naval ones.