Thread: Recruitable Generals?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Recruitable Generals?

Playing as Rome and I'm finding my self running out of generals, particularly to govern my towns, as such, I was wondering, is it possible to recruit generals? I know that if a town is an allied oligarchic one can recruit a governor specific to the culture type of the settlement, but I'm wanting to recruit generals to govern my core towns (those that aren't allied) such as those who are considered Scoii or have been granted full citizenship ect... is this possible? Is it part of the mod to begin with? If not, is there a submod or can someone let me know how it can be done?

Default Re: Recruitable Generals?

It's no on both counts. It isn't in the game and i don't believe there's a submod. I don't know if it can be done though

Firstly, Client Rulers come from the precursor building for Allied Governments, not from the Allied Oligarchy. The way you recruit another if you lose them is to demolish the whole thing and start again. That's the only way you can get non-FM governors, and they are specific to that location. If you're running out of generals, chances are it's because you're expanding too fast and aren't making enough use of Allied Governments.

It's intentional that there aren't easily-hirable Generals who could either be governors or lead armies - that's what your FMs are for. However, it's the sort of thing that's easily submodded, if someone was minded to do it.

You run out of generals? You must be blitzing like crazy. I usually use my general counter to mesure my exansion rate as I dont like cities without governors and it still makes for a good exapnsion rate.

We will either find a way, or make one.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm actually not moving that fast tbh. I've secured control of central Italy and magna graecia and that's as far as I've gone so far (I'm at around turn 50) I'm in the process of beating back a Carthaginian counter attack on my invasion of Sicily the trouble is that I've had a number of my older generals die on me of natural causes so I've only got three left all of whom are in my core cities to keep public order, which tends to go crazy without them even if I've got armies garrisoned... any ideas?

Rilder's Avatar Miles

Can't say I've ran into this issue myself, usually I have the opposite problem as while I'm playing a more monarchal faction getting swamped with Non-Royal-Family family members that I want to die off so I can get the Royal Family to actually breed due to the whole General To Settlement ratio limit thing. Usually if you get low on generals the game starts throwing up candidates for adoption in my experience.

You could try sending off some general-less armies out into battle to try and spark "Man of the Hour" events.

What Rilder says. When the ratio is low you usually get adoption candidates and can also trigger man of the hour.

But in general if you marry all you guys you end with more (far more) than enough generals in the mid-long run. Is a matter of time.

We will either find a way, or make one.