Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started - Modding for Newbies

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Getting Started - Modding for Newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    @Caligula the Mad
    Thanks a lot for your detailed unit creation guide! It's indeed very helpful to get into the new system of Warhammer.
    Haha I see you sent Sebidee the same message. Did you actually mean to send it to him and accidentally sent it to me?
    I'll take the praise though, thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    Haha I see you sent Sebidee the same message. Did you actually mean to send it to him and accidentally sent it to me?
    I'll take the praise though, thanks man!
    The praise goes to both of you as both threads are very helpful.

I'm sorry to write here. Tell me how to add a faction from a mini campaign to a large campaign, such as Carroburg or the Duchy of Brettonia?

I don't have a clue. Its a very long process that would be load of work.

I have a question, when you said to make sure that you click the game you're editing (Like TWWH for me.), PFM doesnt load it, instead it thinks I have ATW installed (which I dont) and it doesnt allow me to click on TWWH from the menu. How do I solve this problem? X.X

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    I have a question, when you said to make sure that you click the game you're editing (Like TWWH for me.), PFM doesnt load it, instead it thinks I have ATW installed (which I dont) and it doesnt allow me to click on TWWH from the menu. How do I solve this problem? X.X
    Scratch that, I needed to place it in my TWWH folder. lol

Hi here,
    By advance, sorry for my english, is not my native language.
    I've a question, I try to exctract the sound files of Isabella Von Carstein with FPM, but, i'm not sure how to do it.
    Any one can help me ?

sorry, double post

I've found in "db" the line for voice actor vo Isabella, but...I dont know how use this information for found the good sound file.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldenya View Post
    Hi here,
    By advance, sorry for my english, is not my native language.
    I've a question, I try to exctract the sound files of Isabella Von Carstein with FPM, but, i'm not sure how to do it.
    Any one can help me ?
    You couldn't edit the sound files for the previous game, Attila, so I don't think you can edit them for Warhammer.

Hmm I have a question, how would you be able to edit a already existing start.pos? Like, a mod that adds a ROR unit and has a start.pos. How do you edit it or send it to the Assembly kit? Im trying to get a basic idea of how to make a ROR/Non-ROR unit, but the Assembly kit is like someone talking to me in chinese. lol

I've always viewed editing a pre-existing start.pos as too much hassle, so I can't help you sorry. Everything is laid out so differently to how it is in the Assembly Kit and doesn't seem to make much sense. If you could import someone elses' edited startpos back into the Assembly Kit it'd be way easier, but I've got no idea if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    I've always viewed editing a pre-existing start.pos as too much hassle, so I can't help you sorry. Everything is laid out so differently to how it is in the Assembly Kit and doesn't seem to make much sense. If you could import someone elses' edited startpos back into the Assembly Kit it'd be way easier, but I've got no idea if you can.
    No worries man. Yea, I couldn't find no way of importing a pre-existing start.pos either. I wonder if that complication is why modders tend to avoid the assembly kit all together.

Hummm.. It looks complicated, lol I hope a simple translation can be done on a practical way. It seems for a translation mod to work (in other words, no conflicts) I need to associate the mod with the original language files? Is that it? It's not just translate the mod directly... hmmm.. At first, I want to translate some unit description for my language, there's also a cool mod that change the orcs "currency" and so on. So, I want to give a shot on something like that. Is there any tip for a practical translation?

Translation stuff is quite easy. You can either do a direct translation from English to German for example, or you can make it so all of the mod stuff is in English, but everything else is in German. It's basically just copying and pasting. See here for more detail, I don't know whether there is a UPC project for Warhammer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    or you can make it so all of the mod stuff is in English, but everything else is in German. It's basically just copying and pasting.
    Yep, that's exactly what I have in mind. The game is already translated for my language (they did a great job by the way), even mods uses tons of pre-made material. It's basically the descriptions of new abilities, formations, units, even quests in some cases, I only want to translate this minor stuff, glad that a imple "copy & paste" situation can solve this. And by the way, you are the one who created the bigger font mod? Mate, that was a life saver! Thank you for your work =)

could anyone point me in the right direction for Hero/Agent creation related stuff for Warhammer? like making your own hero and making them hireable and with only a selection of skills/tree/what ever its called again?

Quote Originally Posted by mookthequaggan View Post
    could anyone point me in the right direction for Hero/Agent creation related stuff for Warhammer? like making your own hero and making them hireable and with only a selection of skills/tree/what ever its called again?
    Unfortunately there is no tutorial about it, but maybe you can try to take a look at some mods that add new lord to the game, like "All Tabletop Lords" or Mixxxu's Legendary Lord. I'm working on a new lord and i'm planning a hero, it is mostly trial and error and difficult at the beginning (and i am at the beginning), but possible a suggestion is to use also the Assembly Kit (database editor - DAVE) from steam tools, it can tell you the relations with tables and sometimes what they are for.

Thanks

I'm sorry is this was already answered somewhere and I just missed it, but how would I go about adding the "Clan Moors HQ" landmark to Karak Eight Peaks? I've read through this thread and others around here, but most seem to be about units rather than buildings so they didn't seem that relevant. I've never done any modding before at all, so I really have no idea whatsoever what I'm doing.
    Last edited by BMLlednar; December 12, 2017 at 08:25 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast