Thread: Crash After Loading Battle with Saria

Default Crash After Loading Battle with Saria

Hi there! This isn't exactly how I wanted my first post to go, but I seem to have found a bit of trouble, and no amount of reinstalling is able to fix it.

Saria seems to be causing a crash whenever I try to use her in battle. Specifically, the load bar will fill completely, and then tell me "Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal".

The bug is fairly easily to replicate on my system, and the logs that I will submit are from a turn three rush against Kanokiri, but attempting to fight any battle in my campaign while Saria is present result sin the same error. Removing Saria causes the game to load as I would expect, so I'm fairly certain the problem is her, though maybe there's something in the logs that will show differently. Oddly, the game doesn't have issues with loading a custom battle with Saria present.

The composition of my forces for my turn three rush is: Saria, 2 Kokiri Minutemen, 1 Slingshot, and 1 Kokiri Detachment.

TLDR -

Bug: The game crashes after loading a battle Saria is in. Loading Bar gets to full, and then "Sorry pal".

Version: 4.0 With January 8th, 2016 hotfix

M2TW.system.log.rar

Thank you very much for your time.

Default Re: Crash After Loading Battle with Saria

I can confirm this too on version: 4.1

I wonder if its the Emerald archers themselves of just Saria.

M2TW.system.log.zip

Hope it helps.

If Saria causes a CTD in the Free Form Campaign when in battle. But not in the Custom Battles. Then it could be related to the "General" expect of her self. And any thing attached to that could be the cause as well. Meaning Traits, auxiliaries, or the Hero abilities are all suspects as well.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

The crash log points to something wrong with the bodyguard's models. Not sure why since regular Emerald archers don't cause a crash and they use the same model. Typical Medieval 2 nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    The crash log points to something wrong with the bodyguard's models. Not sure why since regular Emerald archers don't cause a crash and they use the same model. Typical Medieval 2 nonsense.
    Then, that Brings up a Question. Does a General's Traits and auxiliaries Change any thing for the Hero or Troop's Model?
    Because if they Work in Custom Battles, But not the Free Form Campaign. Then, Shouldn't we look in the Files Related to the Free Form Campaign?
    Of Course I have no idea what it may be that is causing this.

Short answer: No.

Longer: The only modifiers to the general unit that I know to change its appearance are the armour and weapon upgrade level. These, of course, apply to all units. These are not traits or retinues.

The different thing about normal hero units is that they use an unique officer model, for example one of the Zeldas. The officer isn't actually the hero, which is a generic general due to M2TW mechanics.

Acamality's Avatar Laetus

Been a long time since this had been posted in, but I figured it would be bad to create a new thread for something already found.

So I downloaded 4.3 last night and the same thing is happening for me. The game has been generally okay so far, but I'm trying to attack Saria and a unit of mudmen with Temoko(I think? The Huskus leader) and some Huskus units, and the game crashes after loading the battle. I figured my crash log might be helpful if this hasn't been addressed yet.

system.log.rar

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Acamality View Post
    Been a long time since this had been posted in, but I figured it would be bad to create a new thread for something already found.

So I downloaded 4.3 last night and the same thing is happening for me. The game has been generally okay so far, but I'm trying to attack Saria and a unit of mudmen with Temoko(I think? The Huskus leader) and some Huskus units, and the game crashes after loading the battle. I figured my crash log might be helpful if this hasn't been addressed yet.

system.log.rar
    Did you get the Huskus to join your faction or did you alter the game to make them playable? They are supposed to be unplayable, and that could be the nature of the crash if you simply enabled them and tried to enter battles. If you absorbed them it's possible their general's model is not properly translating to your faction which can cause a crash.

Acamality's Avatar Laetus

I absorbed them, but that's not the issue as I was able to enter battles with all of the Huskus units just fine. It was only the battle with Saria that I couldn't load.

I can confirm that this is still an issue in 4.5. Saria being in a battle causes the game to crash when you load the battle screen.

Nobody responded to my thread from the other day, I'm sorry that I'm such a burden I guess. Everything works fine in my game but when I go into the battle with Storm Zora (As in I have absorbed their faction into my own) The game immediately crashes upon the loading screen, I put the crash log on my thread from a few days ago.

Do the Storm Zora not work in battle?

I'm also using 4.5, I guess I didn't put enough information in my thread, I'm sorry.

Darn, I just realized this an old post, only come up bc someone commented on it recently. I still don't know how to use this forum very well. Others I have mastered. I am so embarrassed.