Thread: So playing as chaos

Default So playing as chaos

Did anyone expect a chaos army to spawn and come after you? completely took me by surprise. I mean i read people talking about how in lore the chaos fight among themselves but jsut did not expect that lol The Everseer should totally be a lord you can use.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: So playing as chaos

I really enjoyed that twist, although I would not mind if it would come a bit later, but with much larger numbers.

As to my overal Chaos campaign, this sums it pretty well:

Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

haha, I kind of expected it, but I was more expecting the everchosen daemon, not a weak ass lord of change. in lore, and table top, the reason you fear them is because they can cast spells, and they do so really well, they literally pack around the winds of magic with them, in this game not so much. Never mind the one you had fought in the quest just a few turns before, archaon himself can counter that beast. I didn't know whether he required magical weapons or not, but I sent a unit of chosen halbards with the banner of eternal flame at him (I also don't know whether the banner makes your weapons magic either... but i like to think that it does). Either way, as my army proceeded to murder his all over the map, so too did that unit murder him. The gods were pleased.

Not going to lie, after I liberated and subjugated the 4 tribes, I had well over 300k favor, and my 3 stacks included the 3 LLs and all chosen, knights and hell cannons, though the only benefit of sigvald is the cheaper upkeep in comparison to another lord and of course how beautiful he is. The 4 tribes had 6-8 stacks pushing into northern empire, and Kislev was long gone. I was starting to get bored from a lack of challenge so i abandoned it. In fact that fight was the last hurrah. It would be awesome if the empire responded after a certain number of regions were ruined, with some kind of crusade style response, but it doesn't seem to be the case. i think next game I might just liberate the bearsonglings and ruin the other norscans so that mid and late game will be harder. Maybe see if there is a mod that increases the likelihood that the Empire will consolidate by the time I begin my push south so I can face some real empire armies.

My two allies had 4 armies in the vicinity. They took out more than half of the armies within a single turn.

Archaon- with his full stack of Chaos Knights, Chosen, and trolls took out two armies one after the other next turn. Lord of Change went down easily between a triple gold Chaos Knights and a single gold Chosen halberds. The invasion ended and my armies rolled on to destroy the Empire.

The toughest fights I did face in my Chaos campaign were the Orks who ruled all the south and were roaming around sacking Border princes, VC and Averland. Poor Mannfred was having waaghs outside Drakenhof.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

After reading all of your posts I have the feeling that chaos was included as a playable faction as a gimmick more than anything else and earlier than it should have. The second you start attacking elector counts the Empire should confederate in no time throwing massive waves of armies you way to keep you tied down.

Right now once you pass the initial build up in the north you just march down grinding down the empire. I feel like for the fun effect Chaos should just be about rolling a dice of sacking looting or razing.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

I certainly didn't expect it in my first campaign. The timing was terrible since I was weak after sacking a big city and two stacks spawn next to me. They then proceed to follow me round and round the map.

There has been some strange behaviour with the AI where an army stack will move half way across the world to attack one of my weaker stacks. I can just move these around and stay out of range, but they will never give up chasing. Sometimes this gets absurd with the AI ignoring all other threats, enemy armies and opportunities just to chase my smaller stack. Most of the time I am pretty sure that they shouldn't even be able to see it.

Despite this, I have kind of enjoyed this campaign but don't think I will play chaos again

Quote Originally Posted by ostendadler View Post
    After reading all of your posts I have the feeling that chaos was included as a playable faction as a gimmick more than anything else and earlier than it should have. The second you start attacking elector counts the Empire should confederate in no time throwing massive waves of armies you way to keep you tied down.

Right now once you pass the initial build up in the north you just march down grinding down the empire. I feel like for the fun effect Chaos should just be about rolling a dice of sacking looting or razing.
    The thing is, lorewise they all do fight chaos. But they fight each other just as much And noone is really expecting the Chaos surge.

Also i've had the empire send 5 army stacks on a chase to get me early on, i had to retreat into the cold north to loose them and survive

Either way, lack of understanding just how dangerous the chaos forces are + "human nature" keeps the factions fractured instead of united. Hence why its the end time, and the end of warhammer.