Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Rad compares units - a thread for balancing.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Rad compares units - a thread for balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimor View Post
    Sindoi are already in through the Doryphoroi Pontikoi. For representing the Tauroi one should use the Sćrćgwćkha. Though they're translated as maiotian swordsmen they're meant to encompass the Tauroi as well(that's why they're recruitable in Khersones btw) because unit slots are quite tight due to engine restraints and I was givn to understand that there's not enough archeological data justifying another distinct unit.
    In fact, the area is very well covered for the moment and the variety will only further increase once the steppe regionals are done.I you're interested in the north(west)ern pontic littoral you should keep an eye on the twitter feed in the near future

Edit: Too slow
    Yeah I understood that the Maeotains would be presenting most of the sub groups along with the Doryphoroi as well, I mean at this stage of the Kingdom a lot of local populace was mixed and part of the Hoplites etc, I am just greedy for new units, there cant be enough I sure will impatiently .

1. Why does the East Celt and West Celt Light Cavalry have the exact same stats despite the fact the East Celtic has no clothing or wearing any armor?

2. Why does the Hemithorakitai have a better missile attack than the Thureophoroi?

1. They don't in 2.3, they're different skins on the same model.
    2. Because they're using longchai, whereas the Thureophoroi are using lighter javelins.

Looking into the Recruitment Viewer I noticed some things:

1. Thorakitai Epilektoi are only trained while standard Hoplites are highly trained, though they are hardy does that balance it ?

2. Doryphoroi Pontikoi have as much mass as a unit as most archers and skirmishers.

3. Hippomachoi have AP secondary attack (as have most Cavalry units, though it was already addressed I think) and their secondary attack is as strong as Hippakontistai, Xystophoroi etc and considerably less than other elites like Thessalian cavalry with swords.

1. I'll change them.
    2. They should be 0.85 - they're still barely-equipped levies at the end of the day.
    3. They're not equivalent to Thessalians or Hetairoi, they're very good regional units.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    1. I'll change them.
    2. They should be 0.85 - they're still barely-equipped levies at the end of the day.
    3. They're not equivalent to Thessalians or Hetairoi, they're very good regional units.
    2. Okay, theyre 0.8 for your interest.
    3. Too bad, theyre my go to Lancers in my Pergamon campaign, and I thought they would be the equivalent of Thessalians as they are sought after by most powers in Mikra Asia it seems.

Edit: Also it was probably already answered but here it goes. Will the Thessalians, Molossians and Lydians get more different skins in comparison to each other ?

Edit 2: Is it intended that the non-mercenary warriors for Celts are mostly untrained, same goes for most Italics like Umbrians, Ligurians etc. ? The description for the Gargokladioi for example doesnt mention anything of them being levied troops nor do they have the is_peasant trait.
    Last edited by Marvzilla; January 02, 2018 at 04:21 PM.

Despite the description regarding the late versions of the Germanic Units being better equipped (Druthiz, Warthoz, Ridanz). They only receive 1 additional point in their shield stat, why not have their melee and missile attack increase by an additional point as well?

Especially since the description of the Warjoz says they are now using iron-tipped spears yet they still have the same offensive stats?

The late Lugians units like the Toutaginoi, the Kareus also have the same issue but to a lesser extent.

The Skuda Aspabarata (scythian horse archers) are using a horse instead of a steppe pony, is this intended? I ask because the unit card picture shows a pony, and the stats (ex. very hardy) suggests they should be using one. They seem to be the only unit that uses a horse and has very good stamina.

Hustatus Mirikatas (Remunerated Spearmen) have an armour value of 6, very high considering what the model look like (many are nude, garments only or italian chestpiece) - imo it should be lowered to 4 (similar to mistophoroi hoplitai) or 5 at most (same as sabellian).

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Hustatus Mirikatas (Remunerated Spearmen) have an armour value of 6, very high considering what the model look like (many are nude, garments only or italian chestpiece) - imo it should be lowered to 4 (similar to mistophoroi hoplitai) or 5 at most (same as sabellian).
    you underestimate the power of campanian breast hair

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    The Skuda Aspabarata (scythian horse archers) are using a horse instead of a steppe pony, is this intended? I ask because the unit card picture shows a pony, and the stats (ex. very hardy) suggests they should be using one. They seem to be the only unit that uses a horse and has very good stamina.
    They probably changed the mounts to a ''full horse'' (kek) to fit the overall idea of the unit - richer than average HAs - a fair number of them have swords and armor.

Can someone confirm this?

Also, is there any practical ingame difference between ponnies and larger horses?

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Let's bring life to this thread !

When looking at Baktria roster in the recrutment viewer, I noticed that the Indo-greek cavalry (Vratyakshatriya Asvanika) has AP on its secondary weapon which looks like a xyston to me. I looked at the other hellenistic and asiatic cavalry units, and it seems they are the only one with that feature. Is it intended or is it a remnant of earlier builds of the mod ?

Remnant of earlier builds, they don't have it in 2.35.

On the subject of reviving this tread
    arabian infantry bedouin archers have a mass off 1.1 seems a bit massive or levy archers
    Living in the Netherland but am a Frisian the noblest of Germans. NOW playing SAI Julian campaign, http://www.unihorn.nl
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, Isaac Asimov
    F@ck de massa, grijp de Kassa, Bas Hoorn 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesii View Post
    On the subject of reviving this tread
    arabian infantry bedouin archers have a mass off 1.1 seems a bit massive or levy archers
    Good catch, that's not intended at all.

Maybe another one, might be intended

Peltast Logades have only an attack off 9.
    This seems very low.
    I wonder iff the syword attack is supposed to be AP and you forgot to add it
    Living in the Netherland but am a Frisian the noblest of Germans. NOW playing SAI Julian campaign, http://www.unihorn.nl

Maybe another one, might be intended

Peltast Logades have only an attack off 9.
    This seems very low.
    I wonder iff the syword attack is supposed to be AP and you forgot to add it
    No, that's intentional; look how long their swords are.

The 9 attack makes the unit useless in its function.
    They seem to be assault infantry but with such low attack they are more usefull as gap pluggers.
    This unit needs some love (highr attack of more men).

The 9 attack makes the unit useless in its function.
    They seem to be assault infantry but with such low attack they are more usefull as gap pluggers.
    This unit needs some love (highr attack of more men).
    Nothing to do with any of that, they should actually be the same as the Makedones Peltastai, 12/6.

Yeah they have 9/5.