Quote Originally Posted by Gunydii View Post
Well i was comparing the 120 vs the 120 units. so the elites > spartans > lakedaimonians. it makes some sense, I just would have presumed the aristocratic spatans would have been an elite unit in themselves rather than equivalent to generic hoplites.

Well they are almost elite like. They have the same attack, defence skill and charge value than the elites been also disciplined and hardy. So basically thats elite training. They have quite better armor than standard hoplites 9 compared to 6, but behind the elite 12. That show they are rich but behind the elite units whose equipment might have been directly provided instead of bought by themselves and get the best of the best (dont know this is just a guess). Shield is the same for everybody because is basically the same. Then they have 1 point less of morale than the elites and 1 more than the standard hoplites. Together with discplined that makes them a lot more unlikelly to flee that standard but a bit more than the elites. This isnt the clasical Sparta anyway. If you read their description I think their actual stats make quite sense.

I didnt expected them to be better than anything. That would have only made sense one or two centuries ago.

I dont understand the 120 unit part, they are also a 120 unit (in large)

The equivalence its because that supposed to be the standard Spartan citizien hoplite thats better than the standard citizien of other poleis. But I thin kis pretty good. Its a hoplite with lots of steroids