Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
I have noticed the new indohellenic cavalry has ap melee lances, is that intended? I thought all cavalry already lost their ap lances.

The khuveshavagan (iranian kinsmen cavalry) has an armour value of 7, same as the hetairoi, yet they are more armoured (no exposed legs or arms). The bodyguard version of this unit has 8 armor rating.

In addition the khuveshavagan are significantly slower than hetairoi, but their horses aren't really more armored (around equal), and the only difference with the riders themselves is they're wearing cheires and trousers. Are their horses supposed to be slower by design?

Lastly, shouldn't the unit be named Huvaka? If i'm not mistaken, that's how the late achaemenid kinsmen were called, while the name khuveshavagan comes from the parthians.
AP lances was an oversight, all the rest are gone.

They can get a 1-point increase, but no more than that. On speed 0.903 compared to 0.957 isn't significantly slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
New one - Belgae swordsmen.

Their armor rating is too high.
With only one helmet and no body armor, an armor rating of 3 is too much.
Reduced to 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
I know they've been talked about already, but I really feel that most used Thracian units are undervalued.

Look at Raskumezenai. Compared to Lonchophoroi Hippeis, they're slightly superior...better ranged weapon (16 with 3 ammo vs. 12 with 2 ammo), better climate and ground bonuses. Only thing Lonchophoroi Hippeis have is one point in armour instead of defense skill. Cost...1750 vs. 1938. Raskumezenai in fact cost only little more than similar style, but significantly inferior, Sabellian Cavalry.

While I can't really find proper close comparison unit for Katoikoi Thrakes and Peltenai, as their AP swords are rather rare feature in their supposed role, but...Katoikoi can easily chop through Polybian Principes, who fulfill virtually identical role and would be expected to face each other, while being 300 mnai cheaper. That's just one example.

From experience, the Thracian units are extremely effective for their cost. Since 2.2, they've been most effective troops in my hellenistic campaigns.
Climate/ground bonuses aren't part of the formula, and would be difficult to meaningfully include.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
Hi,

Parashim Afriqim has a armor value of 4, same has Eqvites Romani (camillan) and Hippeis.

Parashim Afriqim:
- All helmets;
- Mostly linothorax, some Breastplates;
- Both legs with greaves.

Eqvites Romani:
- All Helmets;
- Mixture of "no armor", Linothorax, breastplate, Italian breastplate;
- No greaves.

Hippeis:
- All Helmets;
- Mixture of "no armor", Linothorax, breastplate, Italian breastplate;
- Mixture of no greaves, one greave and two leg greaves.

Even if the last two unit have more breastplates, the Hippeis and Parashim should have an advantage over the Eqvites Romani, For example the equites sabelli has a similar type of armor to the Eqvites Romani (no linothorax but some leg greaves) and has an armor rating of 3.
Reduced the Romans to 3.