Thread: how to stop waaagh with a mod?

Default how to stop waaagh with a mod?

Hi all.
    I've been looking through the database files but cant see how I can stop waaagh's from happening with greenskin tribes. Preferably i'd like to stop them from happening for human player only if that's possible.

Default Re: how to stop waaagh with a mod?

Hey, it might be in the script section so you'd have to read the scripts to see if its located there.
    I know orc fightyness bar is located in the scripts.

wow, coincidentally I was thinking about overhauling the waagh mechanic. not necessarily getting rid of it, but changing unit replenishment, improving recruitment times, and reducing unit costs instead of providing a free stack. if it is going to be in the code, I might start second guessing my willingness to make that change.

It's there somewhere, i did find data pertaining to it in the DB files (think it was campaign map movement or such), but there's no specific file for waaagh only. You will have to open each file and look at what they do. Somewhere there'll be data on waaagh unit amount, stats and the like.

Nerfing its spawn chance and adding upkeep etc is a good start. Im very much supporting the making of such a mod.

Cdir_military_generator_template_priorities etc etc got waaagh data. (both of them)
    effect_bundle_tables also got interesting info on what controlls "free army" part among other things.
    Effect_tables seem to have alot of data on waaagh
    faction_factionwide_recruitment_unit etc got some stuff
    faction_to_faction_groups_junctions_table got some stuff.
    Factions_table got alot of data on it.

There's one more table in the DB somewhere (too lazy to find it again) which had waaagh data. Also check out scripts, im not familiar with scripts at all so didnt even try to peek.
    Tweaking army fightiness is also an option.

Good luck :3
    Last edited by zhiphius; June 10, 2016 at 01:37 PM.

yeah my thought was to substitute the bonus stack with a buff to the force that increases the unit recovery, reduces unit costs while in waagh, reduces how long it takes to replace units, etc. this way it will still have a definite impact on game play, it just won't equate to free armies.

Waaagh! is basically when one orc leader kills all the other leaders and unites the tribes under one banner for some time. "follow the strongest" kind of thing. If i understood right, greenskins (or orcs and goblins in general) are fractured with small tribes led by a leader. Anyways.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

I know this is an old thread, but I too am looking to mod the Waaagh. Im trying to run the game on a my notebook and I'm using SaveParser to change the max stacks of units to 10. It makes it easier late in the game when there's too much crap on the screen. The only issue is that the Waaagh wont trigger because you need a stack higher than 17. Does anyone know where I can change this?