Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2 is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafkos View Post
    There are no minor settlements, however there are 7 or 8 forts that were used to position wonders. You can find them here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...orts-in-EB-2-2
    If there are more then I think you forgot to uninstall eb2.1b.
    Not sure what the deal is but I'm just gonna do a clean install of MTW 2 just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Would it be possible to reduce the volume of that carnix soundeffect? It's a bit to loud for my taste.
    Agreed. It's cool, but too loud.

some early observations: Sad that the precursor javelin doesn't work anymore cause the ai will often just throw javelins with his normal guys till he's empty. Its quite easy to charge them when they do this.
    Better than the alternative where they'd freeze in the act of throwing, but not actually throw. There's no good way around this, unfortunately, M2TW wasn't designed with ubiquitous javelins in mind.

Besides, infantry charges at least won't do much more than a regular attack, unless they're Gauls.

Would it be possible to reduce the volume of that carnix soundeffect? It's a bit to loud for my taste.
    We've just turned it up, because people in the internal testing complained they were too quiet.

Had a weird bartix glitch on dead xystophoroi:
    Attachment 337500Attachment 337501Attachment 337502
    what isn't shown here is that they actually move. I at first thought that i haven't killed the enemy cavalry
    That's weird. Something's gone awry with the textures - are the units alright when they're alive?

Nice army compositions, by the way, how are you finding them to play?

Are there no descriptions for the nabatean agema and the hay bodyguard or is this just a script error?
    No descriptions, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ludizoki View Post
    Just a quick question: do Baktrian reforms and scripts work as they should now?
    They should do.

Quote Originally Posted by bob124 View Post
    Started a campaign on 2.2 and noticed that minor settlements are still there - did I install it incorrectly? I deleted map.wrm and loaded a new campaign and they are still there.
    They should not be there. There are icons on the map where they used to be, but they won't actually house units.

Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey95 View Post
    Is there a change log i for one hope the unit cohesion is better and horse archers have a longer range.
    Cohesion should be better in some respects, but we'll never get it as good as it was in EB1. Different engine.

Horse archer range is unchanged.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Better than the alternative where they'd freeze in the act of throwing, but not actually throw. There's no good way around this, unfortunately, M2TW wasn't designed with ubiquitous javelins in mind.

Besides, infantry charges at least won't do much more than a regular attack, unless they're Gauls.

We've just turned it up, because people in the internal testing complained they were too quiet.

That's weird. Something's gone awry with the textures - are the units alright when they're alive?

Nice army compositions, by the way, how are you finding them to play?
    True. It's a bit awkward right now but i'll get used to it. Stupid medieval 2 engine.

Hahahah ok well it's very noisy i have a good sound system and sometimes even my desk vibrates xD

To me they looked normal during the battle.

Hmmm that is pretty much the army composition i always had with carthage i modified it consulting the thread about the army composition. The only unit that i forgot to put in was the awesome new ligurians. Well i love lybian infantry they are very reliable. The new iberian units are great. I like that they are now semi-professional troops and their new design looks epic. love those shields. Skirmishers are now alot harder to use since the enemy rushes with all his units with "precursor" javs to attack me. but maybe it was a one time thing. love skirmish cav in the game and i think gldmk are one of my favourite units in the hellenistic age they are always a joy to use. i'm around turn 20. I actually at first started a campaign on the second to last difficulty and on turn 2 numidia marched to carthage and attacked it. I took my spy to their capital to see that they have two full stacks. Yeah i immediately quit cause i found that a bit ridiculous. so i started a campaign on subpar. (I hope the enemy uses mercs on this difficulty!) and see there numidia marched straight to carthage and declared war on me on turn 2 again. So i had to pacify numidia and force diplomacy them to be my vassal.

i also started shuffling around my generals to get them places in the government. There is a barcid general called hamalcar. Is this Hamilcar barca? or is of anno (the general i use on that screenshot xD) the dad of the 1 year old hamilcar. If yes shouldn't Anno also get the barcid trait?

i met those beautifull dead compositions in every 3rd battle in 2.1b and still i enjoy their matrix feel.

I am only 2-3 turns into a Rome/Bosporan campaign and things seem fine. I like the new death animations and battle sounds A LOT!

I also noticed the xystophoroi bug but its not that extreme in my battle. The unit works much better now in sword combat.

So I see all the minor settlements on the map but they have no function other than eyecandy. That's fine right?

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Yep, if you can't enter them then it is how it should be.

I'm still on turn 1. So much reading to do haha.

Tiro

Hello,

After getting the .zip file this morning ( i downloaded it during the night, i am seeding now so far 41 gb uploaded at 19:30pm) i spent "only" 2 hours and a half checking the recruite viewer, reading unit descriptions, maps where to recruit this or that unit for this or that faction, the buildings needed, etc. What a masterpiece of program you got there men, it is simple awesome.

The only "issue" i fount there is that:
    + The "iberian client ruler" hasnt a "description tittle" ( the very first line in the description where all other units have their kind of unit in english instead "native" name) as any other unit , someting like "bodyguard of the chief", "retainers" or whatever. Maybe it is cause it hasnt a "native" name as any other clien ruler/bodyguard?.
    + There are 2 units called "iberian caetratii". One of them has "iberian_caetratii" model and "iberian light infantry" has "english" name. The other has "caetratii_spearmen" model and "lacks" english name in his description.

Ok, so after so much reading i unzipped the file and just copied and paste all folders and files that appeared inside my MTW2 directory clean install. Checked the log thingy in ebII.cfg and added the bordeless windowed lines. I launched the game with the .bat inside the ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\ebii ( i pointed the old ebII icon in my desktop to that file). Started a campaign that crassed with an empty MTW2 popup screen error. I deleted the map.rwm and launched another campaign that worked perfectly this time. Now i am playing makedon cai-average/bai-average and i am loving it

The issues i have fount so far:

- Athenai and Sparte lack the port in the campaign map. No "ligthouse" or "blue" circle when you put the mouse over the tile where it should be the port. Both cities have "port town" built ( Athenai has a "large port town"). Both cities lack makedon goverment yet due to debt, dunno if that could be the reason. There are no "sea trade lines" leaving from the tile neither, and i have some trade agreements already.
    - Is spartan agoge working in this built? i conquered Sparta in turn 3 or 4 and sent my heir ( 19 years old) there hopping he would undertake Spartan Agoge, but he hasnt. ( it is true that city hasnt makedon goverment yet due to money debt, i am in turn 10 and still in red numbers).

Nothing else, ill report more things as i find them. Gonna play another half million turns or so.

Regards:

Melvidh

PD: Quintus, is this the right thread to post these issues? or should i go to "non breaking bugs" or whatever ism thread name?

PDD: ERhh i am trying to "go advanced" and i am getting this screen http://www.twcenter.net/forums/newre...reply&t=731998 . What am i doing wrong?

Will the english names for buildings also be moved to the description or will they stay the same?

Thanks for all the work put in, team!
    I'll start a campaign when I get the time and I will tell you how it goes.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    And finally...

In closing - EBII is still not complete. We are not finished - there will be future releases. We are somewhere past halfway now - what we still need, what we always need, are more willing volunteers. If you are a 3D artist able to work with 3DS Max, or a 2D artist who can work to instructions, we want you. If you have a knowledge in ancient history and a desire to contribute, we want you. If you are a scripter or coder, and have some familiarity with the files used here (compiled with C++ I believe), we want you. If you can proofread and edit XML files accurately, we want you. If you can playtest the ever-living crap out of a game, then do it all over again after a minor change, we want you. If you like the mod, and are eager to learn how to do something that can help to contribute, we want you. Apply here.

"Ask not what your mod can do for you. ...Ask what you can do for your mod!"

- John F. Kennedy

The immortal words of our former president.

Fantastic work, EB II team. You deserve all the rep in the world!

About to start a campaign ive placed average for CAI and BAI as subpar but what about the EB scripts?? Active or OFF??

Got mine working, things are looking great. Nice job team!

Quick question: What is the hotseat campaign? Never heard of it before.

Hotseat campaign lets you play more than one faction at the same time. Its meant to be played by multiple players but you can just play as many factions as you want alone.

Its kinda fun both for 2 far away factions or a close alliance. Seems to be working fine so far.

I picked Rome and the Bosporans since they are both far away and were also friendly. I will play one more aggressively (guess which ) and one will just be defensive.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    Hotseat campaign lets you play more than one faction at the same time. Its meant to be played by multiple players but you can just play as many factions as you want alone.

Its kinda fun both for 2 far away factions or a close alliance. Seems to be working fine so far.

I picked Rome and the Bosporans since they are both far away and were also friendly. I will play one more aggressively (guess which ) and one will just be defensive.
    Some scripted missions are disabled in hotseat campaigns too

About to start a campaign ive placed average for CAI and BAI as subpar but what about the EB scripts?? Active or OFF??
    Active.

I had a paper to finish but opened a browser window for a minute to check for new eb2 threads earlier today. My heart jumped and I had to close the tab as soon as possible or else I wouldn't have done any work. Glad to have finished and to be ready to play, the torrent download was super fast thanks to dozens of seeders from around the globe.

Hmm, is it intended for morale stats to be invisible?

Please someone that uses steam to play kingdoms: go to the steam game library mtw2 and click on your game set launch options and please write here the full line that is written there..I can't play the mod at the moment... Steam>mtw2>right click properties> set gam launch options and write that line here or copy.
    Last edited by bordinis; June 05, 2016 at 03:31 PM.