Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2 is released!

Had my first crash now after winning a battle against Epeiros. It was when i pressed the "enslave" button, it used to be the execute button for prisoners after you win a battle. And it says you can sell the prisoners as slaves, i pressed and the game wronged me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen234 View Post
    Had my first crash now after winning a battle against Epeiros. It was when i pressed the "enslave" button, it used to be the execute button for prisoners after you win a battle. And it says you can sell the prisoners as slaves, i pressed and the game wronged me!
    As always: what does your error log say?

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Congratulations for the release! I'm sure the team did a wonderful job even though I won't be downloading this version because of my inability to play EB in the next few months due to my schedule.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

I can't replicate this issue, does it happen all the time?

Biarchus

I came back 11 hours later and I'm only at 54%, how did some of you download it so fast? I'm still at 50 kb/s.

Man, I've been uploading it since last night at about a megabyte a second, with just over half a dozen peers just now. Are you downloading it from behind the Great Firewall or something?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    As always: what does your error log say?
    Sadly the game didnīt log it. I didnīt have a logs folder dumb as i was i tought the game would create the folder if the mod crash. But now i have made a folder so we have to wait and see if it logs anything in the future.

Sadly the game didnīt log it. I didnīt have a logs folder dumb as i was i tought the game would create the folder if the mod crash. But now i have made a folder so we have to wait and see if it logs anything in the future.
    Keep an eye out for it repeating. I have a suspicion that it may be due to the placement of that code in the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafkos View Post
    I can't replicate this issue, does it happen all the time?
    I reloaded and it worked, no crash at all. Have been playing for a couple of hours and it seems stable. Have been alt+tabbing, battles, etc etc. So from my point of view it is very stable
    Must also say that i LOVE the new unit/models

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmaster Rick View Post
    Man, I've been uploading it since last night at about a megabyte a second, with just over half a dozen peers just now. Are you downloading it from behind the Great Firewall or something?
    Not that I'm aware of. I don't have an antivirus or firewall. I'm also uploading at 100K/s. If I stopped uploading would that speed up my download? I am sort of in a rural part of Canada and I know the internet isn't super fast. Maybe it's just my connection.

Biarchus

I fully admit that I'm not very bright with PC's and internet connections. I clicked on the upload and reduced if from infinite rate to 40 kb/s and now my download rate is up to 600 kb/s. I should have done that last night. Oh well, live and learn.

Is there a way to get this mod through Dropbox or something. In a hotel (Hilton) and can't Torrent files.

I'd be glad to give someone my account name so they can send me the file. It would be a lot easier for me.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

some early observations: Sad that the precursor javelin doesn't work anymore cause the ai will often just throw javelins with his normal guys till he's empty. Its quite easy to charge them when they do this.
    Would it be possible to reduce the volume of that carnix soundeffect? It's a bit to loud for my taste.
    Had a weird bartix glitch on dead xystophoroi:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bartix.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	337500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtf.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	281.0 KB 
ID:	337501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wow.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	301.5 KB 
ID:	337502
    what isn't shown here is that they actually move. I at first thought that i haven't killed the enemy cavalry
    Are there no descriptions for the nabatean agema and the hay bodyguard or is this just a script error?

Whaaaaaaaat, why did I only notice this now Great job EB team!!! Just a quick question: do Baktrian reforms and scripts work as they should now?

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    some early observations: Sad that the precursor javelin doesn't work anymore cause the ai will often just throw javelins with his normal guys till he's empty. Its quite easy to charge them when they do this.
    Would it be possible to reduce the volume of that carnix soundeffect? It's a bit to loud for my taste.
    Had a weird bartix glitch on dead xystophoroi:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bartix.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	337500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtf.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	281.0 KB 
ID:	337501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wow.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	301.5 KB 
ID:	337502
    what isn't shown here is that they actually move. I at first thought that i haven't killed the enemy cavalry
    Are there no descriptions for the nabatean agema and the hay bodyguard or is this just a script error?
    Haha, amazing screen never seen it happen before tho

Started a campaign on 2.2 and noticed that minor settlements are still there - did I install it incorrectly? I deleted map.wrm and loaded a new campaign and they are still there.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Started a campaign on 2.2 and noticed that minor settlements are still there - did I install it incorrectly? I deleted map.wrm and loaded a new campaign and they are still there.
    There are no minor settlements, however there are 7 or 8 forts that were used to position wonders. You can find them here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...orts-in-EB-2-2
    If there are more then I think you forgot to uninstall eb2.1b.

Is there a change log i for one hope the unit cohesion is better and horse archers have a longer range.

Hummer: must be your connection; I'm in Canada, too, and getting great speeds. Are you on one of those line-of-sight radio systems they use in rural areas sometimes? Perhaps you've only got a basic package from your ISP?

I doubt that limiting your upload would help, but it's theoretically possible if your connection has very limited throughput, or your router is old enough to limit your throughput. Otherwise, seems unlikely, but give it a try.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey95 View Post
    Is there a change log i for one hope the unit cohesion is better and horse archers have a longer range.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...51-PREVIEW-2-2