Thread: Historical reskin plans?

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Default Historical reskin plans?

Any talented moder planning to do a historical reskin for custom battle purposes?

Default Re: Historical reskin plans?

Like..... romans vs goblins?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Like Romans vs Macedonians. Screw the goblins.

petertel123's Avatar Miles

Why would you want to play romans vs macedonians in warhammer total war? Just play rome 2.
    I'm quite sure no modder is going to create large historical unit rosters just for custom battles, certainly not if they already exist in other total war games which are more suited to it.

There is absolutly no need. In Attila you have already a Grand Campaign map of Europe and the Near East + the engine is more or less the same. Wait. The battlemechanics of Warhammer are much worse. No real formations etc...

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    There is absolutly no need. In Attila you have already a Grand Campaign map of Europe and the Near East + the engine is more or less the same. Wait. The battlemechanics of Warhammer are much worse. No real formations etc...
    But charges are so much better in warhammer. Closest we have to M2TW and those epic cavalry/infantry charges.

Quote Originally Posted by AlliedZero View Post
    But charges are so much better in warhammer. Closest we have to M2TW and those epic cavalry/infantry charges.
    Really? I actually liked the Attila aproach on Cav. Like in real, they get slaughtered if they make an frontal approch on the most units and stay in close combat to long. The damn knight in Warhammer are almost undestructable if you don't weaken them with spells and arrow in advance.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Really? I actually liked the Attila aproach on Cav. Like in real, they get slaughtered if they make an frontal approch on the most units and stay in close combat to long. The damn knight in Warhammer are almost undestructable if you don't weaken them with spells and arrow in advance.
    I am not referring to the combat. I am referring to the glorious smashing that occurs when the charge happens. Units going flying, damage being taken, units running through to the back. Attila/Rome the units just slammed into each other like two rock walls. The first few units might go flying but the rear cavalry just slam on the breaks and combat begins. boooorrrriiiinnnggggg.
    Especially when it was super elite cataphracts hitting into the rear/side/front of even the most basic of units.

The knights in warhammer have either plate-armor crafted by the masterful dwarfs whose craftsmanship far outdoes any human creations, supernatural daemon armor that fuses itself to the host or/and are blessed by their gods and protected by divine/eldritch powers.

In that context their indestructibility is rather justified.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AlliedZero View Post
    I am not referring to the combat. I am referring to the glorious smashing that occurs when the charge happens. Units going flying, damage being taken, units running through to the back. Attila/Rome the units just slammed into each other like two rock walls. The first few units might go flying but the rear cavalry just slam on the breaks and combat begins. boooorrrriiiinnnggggg.
    Especially when it was super elite cataphracts hitting into the rear/side/front of even the most basic of units.
    Then why should such an unrealistic approach to cavalry charges be in a historically oriented game? It was so nice that they got rid of the M2TW "units flying" nonsense.

TW:Attila has many things right, and many things better than TW:Warhammer, campaign- and battle-wise, so it should be the base for historical mods. What I would like however would be a "historical invasion" in TW:WH, by a strange cosmic event units from our world were transferred to the Warhammer world. Who would win?

How?

Without model converters?

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    Then why should such an unrealistic approach to cavalry charges be in a historically oriented game? It was so nice that they got rid of the M2TW "units flying" nonsense.

TW:Attila has many things right, and many things better than TW:Warhammer, campaign- and battle-wise, so it should be the base for historical mods. What I would like however would be a "historical invasion" in TW:WH, by a strange cosmic event units from our world were transferred to the Warhammer world. Who would win?
    I uh...I can assure you that historically cavalry didn't just run into the front line of a unit and the rest behind just stop and hit the breaks, maintaining a perfect formation and fighting like a Roman Cohort. I can beyond promise you. People going flying? You ever actually go outside before? Oh oh, maybe you studied physics, that seems to be up everyones alley here. I can assure you if a horse hits you at full speed you will not just stand there in place. Is this conversation actually happening?

Nikron's Avatar Senator

I assumed that the battle mechanics would be better in Warhammer, guess I was wrong and I'm happy I was wrong.

Still at least the graphics in Warhammer should be better, otherwise that would be another ridiculous release by CA.