View Poll Results: Which AUH faction preview do you want to see next ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Goryeo (Korean faction)

6 46.15%
  • Xi Xia (the Tanguts)

7 53.85%
  • Khmer Empire (Cambodia)

5 38.46%
  • Kingdom of Champa (southern Vietnam)

1 7.69%
  • Kara-Khitans (Western Liao)

3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which AUH faction preview do you want to see next ?

Default Which AUH faction preview do you want to see next ?

OK folks, a few choices here. I'm a one man team here at the moment, so therefore very interested in what our loyal, discerning fans want to see.

If it helps, here's a rough idea of completeness:

Goryeo - 10% done
    Xi Xia - 60% done
    Khmers - 40% done
    Champa - 40% done
    Khitans - 15% done
    Last edited by Yelü Dashi; June 03, 2016 at 09:09 AM.

Default Re: Which AUH faction preview do you want to see next ?

It would be nice to see Korean troops who aren't wearing the typical black-and-white Joseon uniform!

Since my overall historical knowledge in this whole asian area is rather limited and whenever you preview something its completely new for me I'd be fine with everything.
    Eventhough I dont always keep to it myself Im a friend of finishing one thing at a time, Xi Xia seems to be closest to completion so Id say go for them first and then continue with the next one. But yeh, I guess my vote doesnt really count here

The Khmer and Champa! Both seem to be coming along nicely, and I know in the case of my wife's father he'd be delighted to have the Cham depicted and given proper research!

Make sure to vote

Haha, apparently I'm not allowed to vote (too new a profile, I guess?), so just count my vote in for the Khmer.

I was totally convinced this mod was dead, and frankly, with respect to the mod author, i have a hard time believing it's alive. It's by chance that i decided to check it out during a time which you have started work on it again. Yelu, I would like to know why you did not go for typical way of producing a mod, by releasing it in versions, much like the Stainless Steel and Third Age mod did? Doing so not only would have provided much fun for players back in the day, including myself but probably would have multiplied whatever modding team was helping to produce it. I mean no offense to you or your character, its just a curiosity of mine that used to bug me way back then.

On the other hand, I wish you good luck in creating the mod even as a single man team. I would have loved to play this mod years ago, regardless of how complete it was, but personally i've moved on to better games such as Crusader Kings II. But who knows, if AUH is ever released, i would still give it a try. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokami Mashibe View Post
    I was totally convinced this mod was dead, and frankly, with respect to the mod author, i have a hard time believing it's alive. It's by chance that i decided to check it out during a time which you have started work on it again. Yelu, I would like to know why you did not go for typical way of producing a mod, by releasing it in versions, much like the Stainless Steel and Third Age mod did? Doing so not only would have provided much fun for players back in the day, including myself but probably would have multiplied whatever modding team was helping to produce it. I mean no offense to you or your character, its just a curiosity of mine that used to bug me way back then.

On the other hand, I wish you good luck in creating the mod even as a single man team. I would have loved to play this mod years ago, regardless of how complete it was, but personally i've moved on to better games such as Crusader Kings II. But who knows, if AUH is ever released, i would still give it a try. Thank you.
    I feel your pain Sokami - but let me offer my thoughts.

Your point about a staggered release is a fair one, but we don't yet even have the real bones of the mod sorted out (i.e. scripts, buildings, anything code or text based etc). Whilst a lot of artwork has been done, we are (or I am) of the opinion that playing a pre-alpha version of the game, with jarring historical anachronisms (i.e the European battle map buildings, English accents etc, plus loads of bugs and crashes) wouldn't be much fun to play. If I honestly thought that, by releasing something half-arsed where only custom battles for 3 or 4 factions are playable, would actually entice some as yet hidden fans with a passion for East Asian warfare and mad skillz then I would have done it. But maybe you're right, and we'll never know.

For me, I started modding on Broken Crescent which I had never really played beforehand but was inspired by the previews and admired the dev team for various reasons. Also, I would add that I have actually released lots of AUH materials to our friends in the Chinese modding community, which has turned up in many of their mods, so in that sense, not everything has gone to waste

I would also say, lastly in our defence, offering an incremental release for something like Stainless Steel, which is essentially just an overlay (albeit now very substantial) onto the vanilla setting of the game, is WAY different from we're trying to achieve with AUH - and it's not really a fair comparison. Even TATW is still sort of Euro/Medieval in its environment (but with Trolls).

I have heard good things about CK2, but from my understanding its a different kind of game from MTW2. What I am excited about is Oriental Empires , especially if you look at the fact that the developer is R.T Smith. It's currently on a closed beta, looking a summer release. If (and this is a HUGE if) OE is as open for modding as Bob says it is on their forums, then I might consider taking all the assets we have for AUH and developing a mod out of their engine, especially and it's vanilla is already Asian. That way we'd have a new shiny game platform/engine that would potentially get people excited, and add more members to the dev team. We'll see.

I still I do still see life in the old MTW2 dog yet, and I think its testament to its re-playability and modding afterlife that's *just* between released for the Mac. Also, so much has been done regarding modding innovations in the last few years, and we are basically set for battle map buildings, standing on the shoulder of the stunning work done by Chinese modders which already covers most AUH cultures. What I am hoping this means is that we could release an Alpha version of the game, with faction / unit placeholders, but at least functioning gameplay, at some point in the near future

Even though I'm upset that you're not 100% sure that you'd even play AUH, if we release it, I do still want to thank you for your honest feedback.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm tending towards to the Tanguts - watch this space

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I'd just like to add that we were thinking in terms of incremental releases back when we had a somewhat active development team in the height of the mod's development, which was around the 2008-2011 time period. At one point we were a decent way towards putting out a spinoff mod based on one of our sub-regions with an enlarged map but a constrained faction count to enable folks to get their hands on it. I believe the issue at the time was the battle map settlements, since they hadn't been fully fleshed out yet then as they have now, but it's been a while so there could have been other release preventing omissions.

After I stepped back from involvement due to school and work commitments the development tended much more towards art and historicity, and to my knowledge has mostly been that way for the past five years. These assets make great preview material, but not great demo material unless incorporated in a Custom Battles type of mod, which also requires rigging animations and balancing stats.

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Xi Xia first then Khmer Empire then Champa. Anyway I voted for Xi Xia

I vote for Khmer Empire then Champa. Especially Champa who is the Dai Viet's eternal rival while you are at it.

By the way, all pictures in the preview scrolls are dead. Can someone kind reupload them?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ex-of-Previews

Hello, is there a release date for this mod?

I'm most interested in the Khmer Empire, but TBH any east-Asian civilization seems exciting when you've never got them represented in games that much.
    BTW; is this still the planned number and variety of factions you eventually plan to include : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...UH-Information ? Good luck with your work guys!
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

Damn, I made it too late to vote for Goryeo.

Any news?

LWC's Avatar Libertus

Yeah, there's news Nelduin, more Islamic jihadists protesting and making a mess of things in Paris. When are y'all rise up again and teach them a lesson, and take back your neighborhoods? Preferably without US and UK this time, haha, sorry, just kidding.