Thread: Buildings and Traits Sub Mod

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Buildings and Traits Sub Mod

Hey guys, so realising that editing Building effects and Character traits to be very easy for the old TW engine (the one was used before ETW) I've done few changes and decided to share them here as well, in case someone would like to use.

They are just 2 text files that you'll have to replace with the RTH's same named ones, which you can find them in your; game folder > RTH > data
    I'd suggest you to take the backup of them (Copy-paste somewhere else) just in case, not that my changes would damage the game thou..

What's changed for buildings;
    *Farms no more causing any happiness (public order) penalty
    *Walls are giving some happiness and law bonus, the bigger the better.
    *Main buildings (Governor's) will provide some happiness, which is also better if higher level.
    *Circus Maximus (Last lvl of the Stable) have a bit easier requirements to build, thou it will require Marian reforms now.

Character traits wise;
    Decreased the trigger chance of some specific bad traits, while increased few of the good ones, both by a bit.

Idk if I'll be able to increase the extent of these Sub Mod-ish stuff in future but I hope that I can.

The files;
    Last edited by SharpEyed; June 06, 2016 at 06:53 AM.

Default Re: Sub Mod-ish

So I've updated the both files and you can see in OP that what changes they include.

Default Re: Buildings and Traits Sub Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Hey guys, so realising that editing Building effects and Character traits to be very easy for the old TW engine (the one was used before ETW) I've done few changes and decided to share them here as well, in case someone would like to use.

They are just 2 text files that you'll have to replace with the RTH's same named ones, which you can find them in your; game folder > RTH > data
    I'd suggest you to take the backup of them (Copy-paste somewhere else) just in case, not that my changes would damage the game thou..

What's changed for buildings;
    *Farms no more causing any happiness (public order) penalty
    *Walls are giving some happiness and law bonus, the bigger the better.
    *Main buildings (Governor's) will provide some happiness, which is also better if higher level.
    *Circus Maximus (Last lvl of the Stable) have a bit easier requirements to build, thou it will require Marian reforms now.

Character traits wise;
    Decreased the trigger chance of some specific bad traits, while increased few of the good ones, both by a bit.

Idk if I'll be able to increase the extent of these Sub Mod-ish stuff in future but I hope that I can.

The files;
    Thanks for those two sub-mods, especially the one for the buildings, which makes very much sense in my opinion.
    My question: Is this save game compatible? Because I do not really want to restart my campaign. I also saw in another threat that the forts can be removed. Same question: Is this save game compatible or not?

Thanks in advance for your reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Legatus Legionarii View Post
    Thanks for those two sub-mods, especially the one for the buildings, which makes very much sense in my opinion.
    My question: Is this save game compatible? Because I do not really want to restart my campaign. I also saw in another threat that the forts can be removed. Same question: Is this save game compatible or not?

Thanks in advance for your reply...
    Hello mate;

First of all I'm quite sorry for the late reply..
    Real life stuff..

You're welcome

These submods are definitely save compatible.
    You can see that in the game by right clicking the building icons.

For Removing forts..
    Hmm if my memory doesn't fail it should be save compatible as well.

When u end ur turn, all the forts u/mod removed -with a condition of being empty- should vanish

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Hello mate;

First of all I'm quite sorry for the late reply..
    Real life stuff..

You're welcome

These submods are definitely save compatible.
    You can see that in the game by right clicking the building icons.

For Removing forts..
    Hmm if my memory doesn't fail it should be save compatible as well.

When u end ur turn, all the forts u/mod removed -with a condition of being empty- should vanish
    Thanks for your reply! Much appreciated!

OK, I tried the building sub mod with a saved game and, indeed, it's save compatible!
    Last edited by Legatus Legionarii; June 28, 2017 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Update