Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating unique custom Lords

Default Creating unique custom Lords

I've been trying to create a custom Lord (general) to break the mold a little. If successful, I would love to start building more unique and flavorful lore-friendly special characters that can be taken instead of the dreary pre-generated Lords.

The problem I'm having is that, after spending hours creating and linking entries, the new Lord never even shows up in the recruitment pool. It's just the same old guys. I can't acually find what governs what lords are generated for that list. Has anyone had better luck?

Default Re: Creating unique custom Lords

I spent days with this and eventually gave up.

I was using DaVE initially and eventually found out about and downloaded PFM 4 but it didnt seem to make any difference, either way I could not get my Lord in game. I can tell you what I learned, and you can see if you can get any further than I did. I got sick of feeling like I was banging my head against a wall. No matter what I changed, my lord was still jacked up.

Anyway, I found..

There is a script called wh_legendary_lords.lua that seems to initialize you lord start conditions. I edited this but it did not seem to make any difference.

The files I edited for my lord are

For Skill and abilities
    character_skill_level_details
    character_skill_level_to_ancillaries_junctions
    character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions
    character_skill_nodes
    character_skills
    special_ability_phases
    special_ability_to_invalid_usage_flags
    unit_special_abilities
    land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions

For the unit
    land_units
    main_units
    melee_weapons
    start_pos_characters
    agent_culture_details
    agent_uniforms
    agent_subtype
    campaign_character_arts
    campaign_character_art_sets
    variants
    unit_variants
    battle_set_pieces_armies_characters
    faction_agent_permitted_subtypes
    commander_unit_permissions
    names
    unit_to_groupings_military_permissions
    groupings_military
    unit_set_to_unit_junctions

The file agent_subtype has a setting auto_generate. If you set that true the unit will appear in the recruit lords panel, but will not be a single custom unit, ie. you can continue recruiting versions of that unit each round.
    I kind of got my unit working as a random gen unit, but the thing that I simply could not fix what forcing the game to use the model and icon I specified.

I was trying to make a Death Knight Legendary Lord for the Vampire Counts. I was using the Wight King model as the base unit. No matter what I did, the damn unit always showed up as a female vampiress. I did at one point get it to look like the Wight King. I thought I had won, but then I noticed that I had totally broken the regular Wight King in the process. In fixing what I broke, my Death Knight broke once again, back to the stupid vampiress. I have since been unable to replicate what I did so I can track down WFT is going on. I have given up for now, until some decent tuts come out, or until someone can carry on from where I stopped and figure this mess out.

*passes the torch* -good luck!

If you have questions, I will check in on this thread each day and help you out where I can. Hopefully this is enough to move you forward.

Cheers!
    -Rov

I don't understand, you wanted to create a general or a agent? Rovaeden?

Thanks for the help!

Those are pretty much the tables I've been editing as well. I'm not trying to make a -legendary- lord, just a normal one to serve as one of the generals. I did check auto_activate but still never saw my Lord in the recruitment panel, so I must have missed something. I also did not consider that this approach would lead to non-unique lords that could be repeatedly recruited. That's a problem.

Originally, I had planned to introduce the character via a scripted event (these already happen with agents like necromancers and banshees). It seems like that may be the better approach.

To get your unit into custom battles, you must edit the units_custom_battle_permissions table.
    Important: If your unit's variant comes from a different faction, or in any way uses animations from a different faction, you must edit your culture_to_battle_animation_tables.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers.

Subio, I want to create a Legendary Lord. So, a general.

Couldn't you edit the basic Legendary Lords that are already in the game and just swap them out with the one you want to create?

Or is the issue that you want to create extra (more) Legendary Lords that can be played?

If it's the second one that's what I came here to post about this evening because I would also like to do that.

Here's an issue. I've overcome all that and you guys can check my mod. Its the mousillon faction mod on steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=693541093

The unique lord "Vincent Mercier" shows ingame as a starting Lord. I have not added a custom agent/general to the recruiting pool, however playing with it I feel confident I could get them in.
    The problem is the Porthole portrait. See as vincent is the faction leader, his photo is supposed to show in the faction window in diplomacy. None of his photos are really working right now....

Anyone have any insight into this?

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

Just for clarity, are you trying to add the LL to lord recruitment panel, or the campain launch faction leader selection?
    Not actually on the moon.

Empire: Tactical Warfare Mod v1.0

Everything is working properly except the art sets. Without this tool we cannot edit the portrait_settings.bin
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=#post14648840

This exe won't run for me. I'd like to see if it can compile xmls for Warhammer. Haven't had any luck, if someone can run my xml and provide me with the bin it'd be much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Speaking for myself, I am trying to add a "normal" though unique Lord, not a Legendary Lord. I've been editing largely the same tables as above and have been making good progress. I want to finish the unique skill trees and hopefully a new texture and card in the coming days. Then I'll -try- to have the Lord join the player through a scripted event, in order to bypass the problem with recruited Lords being non-unique from the panel.

I'm also working on a generic Lord. Thanks for sharing this, I will let you know if I happen to blunder into useful info.

Foederatus

Hi All if someone does crack this d=for say a regular custom lord or agent will you please share exactly what table are needed. Spent 8 hours yesterday on a Custom Agent Dwarf Engineer, had to just add him as a unit in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by nwg5817 View Post
    Everything is working properly except the art sets. Without this tool we cannot edit the portrait_settings.bin
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=#post14648840

This exe won't run for me. I'd like to see if it can compile xmls for Warhammer. Haven't had any luck, if someone can run my xml and provide me with the bin it'd be much appreciated.

I simply drag and drop your xml file in selfie.exe now you have your .bin file
    portrait_settings__mod.zip

Thanks for that Subio, it doesn't seem to work. Guess we need someone to reverse engineer the bin... It's not hard from what I've read, its just not my speciality.

As an update on my progress:

- I wrote in an event that is guaranteed to trigger on the second turn and introduces the new Lord. With the introduction comes the spawn command, which seems to work only half. The lord shows up in the "forces" tab of the campaign, but not the campaign map. Lord isn't selectable - the game says the lord isn't currenty leading an army but is ready to be recruited. If I switch the spawner with a simple wight king hero, everything works fine - but not for the lord. Does anyone know why this happens? It's a real stumbling block.

- Custom skill tree took a bit longer than I imagined but is done and seems to be working 100%. (Tested by making the lord generate and populate the lord recruitment panel, which works, but is not the end goal for reasons described above.)

- Not yet started on a new texture until the spawner is fixed.

If anyone has insight into the main problem, it would help a lot. Good progress, though, I'd say.

I've been trying to get this working as well Auri to add some more variety to the Empire lords, actually made some posts about it awhile back. As of now I've got them on the recruitment pool selection and can recruit and use them but my one problem is I can't figure out how to change the unit card icons so it just uses the pre-generated guys unit cards. Tables I've edited are:

agent_culture_details
    agent_uniforms_tables
    campaign_character_art_sets
    campaign_character_arts
    variants

and then adding my custom variant meshes.

Hopefully that can help you some, and maybe you can end up helping me figure out this unit card stuff. PM me if you need details.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I tried doing something like this for Rome 2 without editing the startpos and its pretty buggy.
    Problems I always ran into were that the incorrect portrait was being linked to the general, the general could be recruited numerous times instead of just a single time, and that the general's name might be wrong. Eg Portait 1 linked to Name 2.
    You might also need historical_characters_tables, but you can't access it via PFM and I couldn't work out how it worked.

Hi all ,

What are the file to edit in PFM to create a custom Lord (a named lord but not a legendary one) for custom battle only please? I would to create a troll boss for greeskins, just a bigger troll (with normal troll model, just bigger) with troll's traits.

Thank you.

Gentlemen, can anyone confirm that he indeed succeeded in bringing his own lord into game?
    What table editions are necessary?
    For :
    a) Leader selection lord during start (what tables, what editions in startpos, maybe u used lua?)
    b) Making lord recruitable during campaign?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast