Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy FoTS (MoSF) 25/06/2017

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Master Of Strategy FoTS (MoSF) 25/06/2017

Sp I have tried this mod as Tosa, and I am quite satisfied with it's performance. I only have a few constructive critiques:

1. Agent spam, or rather Ichin Shinchi (spelling?) spam.
    From what I can deduct, this comes as a consequence of police stations giving the possibility to recruit the agent aswell as it being possible to build three of them in one province (one in city, one in farm and one in harbour), and the ai does love it's police stations.

Solution: Making a seperate police building tree for suburban regions (farms and harbour) that has much the same effects but without adding an agent slot would solve the issue.

2. Time scale
    One of my main gripes with FOTS vanilla was that it was always too easy to modernise. As technologies awarded modernisation points on their own, one was able to rely on them for the two forst levels. This also meant that the modernisation process didn't feel like a process at all since you didn't actually have to do anything but just click the end turn button. So the more effort that has to be put into modernising I really like, but it this brings a whole issue with time scale:

- It takes far longer to modernise, a modernisation process that wasn't set to fit the vanilla turn limit.
    - There are x3 regions to conquer, and it also takes longer to defeat factions since there are more sieges. The current number of provinces and the longer conquest times were not designed for the vanilla turn limit.

We basically have a conflict before us, we have a slow paced mod shoved into a fast paced game mode.

Solution: Use 24 turns per year instead of 12.

3. Tutorials: Right now there are alot of resources that you need, but you don't know how to get. A simple chart that explains what building produces x resource would go along way.

Absolutely love the mod! I do agree with Matmannen though. I'd also add:

-Could really use a chart with the building chains and their effects. It's not always clear what the advantage/disadvantage of a chain will be down the line.

-We could use a clearer metric about the current influence levels for anti-modernization/crime. I don't know if this is actually possible as the game currently stands, but the levels seem to shift for no reason sometimes. It's pretty frustrating.

-Similar to the above, a quick guide about which resources are in which provinces would be handy.
    The above post is in a pre-alpha state and does not nessecarily reflect the final writings of the poster. As such the poster cannot be held responsible for any statements made in this post.

I've been doing some naval testing in custom battles, and I've noticed the Roanoke's gun turrets are exceptionally fragile. Is there a reason for that? Historically they had 11 inches of armor, significantly more protection than either the Ocean or Warrior classes. Additionally, its waterline belt armor covered the entire hull of the ship as opposed to the partial coverings of the Warrior and Ocean (Warrior had an unarmored fore and aft but transverse bulkheads, and the Oceans just had armored guns and waterline with the rest of the hull protected by just 15mm) , and unlike either of them had an armored deck to protect against splinters from HE. Additionally she was equipped with a ram, but it does not have the ramming ability in-game.

The mod mostly works, I see the settlement, building, map changes etc in-game. However, I have two problems.

1. There is very limited sound in battles. Marching sounds work, but beyond that not much else.

2. The game hangs on the load screen going from a battle on a new map back to the campaign screen.

I also have the Sengoku MoS, but I've tried removing those files to no effect.

EDIT: Switched from the v48 files here to the v50 files on the Steam Workshop and that's fixed it
    Last edited by Kolaris8472; January 15, 2018 at 02:36 AM.

Hey, Weierstrass, any chance you'll come back and update the FotS version after you're done with the new Sengoku update?

Well there is a chance. I'm taking a rest from modding. Last year i made a lot of things from it but it's hard to keep the whole time working on it. If i come back to this one most of the relevant updates are related to ''cleaning'' the mod, you know, little details that are not 100% and such things. Are you interested in something in particular? More maps would be good too.

Well, I'd like an enlarged tech tree and updated character skills similar to what you did for Sengoku, plus a general "historical" pass on stuff. Sadly naval is as historically accurate as anything CA usually implements, with the 1870's era L'Ocean going up against the 1860 Warrior and the 1863 Roanoke, so good luck coming up with anything there given the rapid naval developments occurring.

Great mod. However, I get crashes when I lift a siege (not fighting it). It happens every time I lift a siege. Everything else works just fine. Thanks!

mod list: https://i.imgur.com/WXgSni8.png

I am experiencing technical difficulty that's breaking the mod.

Sound drops off in the middle of battle, and the game is stuck at the loading screen, going from battle to campaign.

I even remove MoSS before I play MoSF. I have no other mods; and MoSS plays fine, there's never been CTD.

It is likely impossible to replicate my situation on any other people devices. Such a shame, I would truly like to play this mod.

Update:
    I converted the mod file from movie to .pack, using mod manager, and everything works splendidly now.
    Last edited by k966; June 29, 2018 at 10:23 AM. Reason: problems solved

no brother, several people have that problem including me .. I did not have any problems with the other mod moss ... do not try this problem ... but as they did not fix me I laughed with this I recommend you look for another

Weierstrass, I applaud you once again! Great mod!

Would you be so kind to upload v50?

Additionally, is it possible to change the type of town, or to demolish the town so one can rebuild?
    Last edited by k966; July 03, 2018 at 08:14 PM.

Towns cannot be demolished. That is hardcoded.
    About v50 looks like that in steam the latest is 49. I'll upload the latest version in little time (gotta check since the one here looks to be 48)
    I know i have not been working on this for a long time. But sengoku mod is sucking all my modding force of will XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Towns cannot be demolished. That is hardcoded.
    About v50 looks like that in steam the latest is 49. I'll upload the latest version in little time (gotta check since the one here looks to be 48)
    I know i have not been working on this for a long time. But sengoku mod is sucking all my modding force of will XD.
    Weierstrass, I have managed to get the V49 through steam, but still, I'm sure the community here would like having it here too.

I have also fixed some tiny things like missing or wrong descriptions, I could upload that if you'd like.

Best.

Hey Weierstrass, do you remember what changes you made to Yugekitai for the Jozai domain? I'm trying to recruit them, but the tooltip is saying I lack the "yugekitai" resource. The resource icon is just a box so I don't know what it's supposed to be. How do I get this resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale View Post
    Hey Weierstrass, do you remember what changes you made to Yugekitai for the Jozai domain? I'm trying to recruit them, but the tooltip is saying I lack the "yugekitai" resource. The resource icon is just a box so I don't know what it's supposed to be. How do I get this resource?
    For that (and Tosa Riflemen, Imperian Inf. and Republican Inf.), one'd need ammo.

So an ammo factory or trading with the west would suffice.

Edit:
    Weierstrass, I have noticed and fixed a few incorrect entry of resources in effect_bonus_value_commodity_junction too.
    Last edited by k966; July 25, 2018 at 06:38 PM.

Alright, that makes sense. Thanks for the help!

I also have to complain about the agent spam. I've never seen the AI so aggressively, consistently, and successfully go for your daimyo as in this mod. It's actually pretty terrible. This mod is fantastic, and if tweaked I'd rate it even higher than Darthmod in terms of quality, but this one bit alone is game-breakingly bad. You will never go for 50 turns without losing your daimyo at least once, and you will certainly lose all of your agents a few times over.

Also another thing: I'm not sure if you tweaked the original mod or not, but The_Yogi's uniforms and tactics mod doesn't seem to be working with yours. The skins don't apply themselves to your units, and the "spear square" formation that's supposed to form a hollow square in your mod just puts your line infantry into a solid spear square (that can't shoot, by the way). When I use the mod separately with MoS FotS, the uniforms work fine, but the spear square is still vanilla.

I know development of this mod has slowed down, if not stopped completely, so I'm not expecting any fixes to my issues. But it's worth mentioning. For what it's worth, this is the best-feeling mod in terms of gameplay for FotS yet. The weapons progress how you'd expect them to, getting more accurate and easier to reload, no one shoots laser beams, and melee is viable if risky. If this is ever picked up again, I'd love to contribute in whatever way I can--though to be honest, I'd need to learn modding.

Guys i know i ve been absent. Well i'm not Even home since 2 weeks ago and i won't until one more. I'll try to check the comments better when i come back

I don't know how to nerf them, but you can definitely set a cap on agents by using Pack File Manager. The problem is that the AI loves police stations. However, if it doesn't love it, it might have a hard time balancing public order (but usually, PO isn't a problem for AI when it almost always sticks to building traditional settlement which curbs anti-modernisation greatly).

With PFM, you can get hollow square to work too; I know I have.

The uniform thing is a good tip; I didn't notice at first. Nice catch, mate!
    Yogi's incorporation of platoon fire and light infantry behavior actually renders the usefulness of the two minimal when used in conjunction. PFM can fix that too though.

[To Weierstrass:
    Limiting the numbers of shrapnel and canister shot actually conflict with cannons' ability to revert back to solid shot once the these abilities are used up, essentially meaning it cannot fire anymore.
    I can upload the fixes to a few essential thing so you won't have to work as hard, if you prefer.]

Hey Weierstrass, is there any chance of anti-unrest mods coming to the FotS version? Also looking forwards to the next update.

Hello. my game seems to crash after manually fighting battles. Is there a fix for that?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast