Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy FoTS (MoSF) 25/06/2017

Default Re: FoTS Expanded

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Hey amigo,
    What are your plans with your map? Because later on, I'd like to use the final version of your campaign map in my mod (if it's ok with you?). For example, I am very curious if you add new battle map maps to the campaign map you're building.
    Hello Izzi. I'll resume the idea in the following points:
    About campaign:
    Adding some region specialties
    Adding historical places, specially historical missions or places were foreings could be placed
    No more new regions are intended
    About maps:
    I picked Nagashima historical map and the city town i made and totally revamped them. They are now more or less cpu and AI friendly. The worst performance in terms of AI is when the AI defend the farm town.
    Relate the maps to the campaign. For that i need an excel with the location of every settlement (name related) in the map and do the script.. Really annoying task
    About historycal maps, i need to do some improvements to them, it would take me some time but i think i might have found a way to make the Ai work properly with them.. Those maps are so large that the pc never worked good enought.

Adding more farms and ports maps is possible.. It depends on how you split the levels .. For fots you have 5 lvls 7 variants .. If you give farms and ports only 1 lvl then you could use lvl 1 and have like 4 type of farms and 3 types of ports .. Trouble is that making maps is super time consuming, and if you do not limit very well what are you doing you might end having an unplayable map for the AI.

Here you have the link for the 2 maps
    DOWNLOAD

Note: I may improve a bit the farm one in the future.

Are you still looking for a researcher? I've done quite a bit working on my own historical unit mod especially with the Domains, Meiji Era IJA, and Bakafu Army. I'd be happy to share if you need anything.

Well for sure XD you are hired .. tell me, could you improve my current units? The variant models are no very good .. naming is bad and I would love to see more faction units .. what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Well for sure XD you are hired .. tell me, could you improve my current units? The variant models are no very good .. naming is bad and I would love to see more faction units .. what would you do?
    I don't know about actually editing, as I am tied down with school at the moment. I could definitely advise or answer any questions.

I had a look at your units and you have a ton of melee done so far. I liked your naming conventions with "light" and normal units, that's has a good ring to it. The only thing I would say is that a lot of the units "feel" similar. The easiest way to fix I've found is to keep variant models unique as possible or give things a niche (color locking things is a great way of doing this too). For future faction units, there are a lot more uniques in different types of modern infantry than with traditionals. A lot of things depicted don't have specific names (think cone-hat Satsuma troops or Spencer-armed Tosa troops) so it leaves some room creativity in naming.
    Last edited by lasersquirrel; November 07, 2016 at 11:33 PM. Reason: grammar

why this mod only have map Japan?

because it's called Fall of the Samurai Expanded ?

Default Re: 24/04/2017 NEW BETA MOSF FOTS

New beta is up and running

a MoS for FOTS? cool.
    kinda strange that classic battle allows garrison units to be used.
    Once it's fully finished it'd be cool to compare it to the Sengoku MoS mod to see if it is more balanced than CA's version.
    Personally found firebombs of the Standard MoS mod to be overpowered, wonder how OP gun units will end up being.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

I´ve testing your mod and I have to say its incredible what you achieved!!! Could be done something similar to Sengoku campaign??? I would like to try!

BTW: Shame you stopped to do Sengoku maps... your designs are amazing!!!

Well i would have to think a lot about how to make it fit to the sengoku system. Biggest issue is that sengoku campaign has the same change to control castle level and town slot. For Sengoku there are 7 types of castles with 6 levels (5 and 6 unlock maximum level of slots). So it would cut castle variety a lot to make place for farms ... Or reduce variability of slots in farms and ports .. Not really simply to be honest.

Yeah maps where cool but really stressing task. I revamped EDO and OSAKA for this mod as it works better for the AI and load wide faster. But new maps? ... Well it takes lots of times. I had to take a 6 month break from modding so imagine that something like that would make me quit.

About the progress in the mod itself:
    -Worked in balance
    --Cheaper buildings
    --Faster building time
    --Less upkeep for ships
    --More gdp and tax
    -Worked around Cai (Currently the biggest issue, i'm testing some buffs around eco, but someone with knowledge about making the AI more agressive would be good as it's the bigges problem right now)
    -No sound bugs since i added sound packed
    -Added light OSAKA and EDO (fast load and AI friendly versions)
    -Some other balances and debugg

If i'm able to make the AI more agressive this is going to be a beast. Maybe this week i'll be able to get that on point.

Default Re: 07/05/2017 NEW Master Of Strategy FOTS

Uploaded version 36. Lot of balance has been done. Also attached EDO and OSAKA castle and fixed sounds.

I play your mod today , and Aizu's soldier said: "We're waitting your update ,sir !".

soon, let me finish with the new farm settlement map. Just need to fix something with a model. Hope that in less than a week will be running.

Quote Originally Posted by phuc96125 View Post
    I play your mod today , and Aizu's soldier said: "We're waitting your update ,sir !".
    Updated

Default Re: 25/05/2017 Master Of Strategy FOTS

could the castle of Mos FOTS are used in izzi's Total FOTS?If could be,that's so fantasty...

It's hard as some castles are towns and that breaks the castle levels systems. You would need to adapt the slot buildings

thank you for your hard-working

Default Re: 25/06/2017 Master Of Strategy FOTS

Updated to version 48

oh oh oh new ty ty downloading.....

Quote Originally Posted by phuc96125 View Post
    oh oh oh new ty ty downloading.....
    It has been heavily improved, soi hope you enjoy it. Please report whathever you consider necessary. I might be asking for a hosted modification forum in the following days

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast