Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creative Assembly Praise Thread

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Creative Assembly praise thread

Why yes, if I wasn't absorbed into the game in the 140odd hours so far, I'd have come here to praise CA. Now that I've come out of the abyss (and about to go back into it btw) I have to say CA did nail it down, it has its issues of course. Lance stabbies etc, but overall it is superb.

Really great job, CA.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

It has it`s flaws etc but the game runs extremelly well on my toaster, and looks great at the same time! Kudos to you, CA!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Well I'm 122hrs in already(and I do have a job and go out), so that should tell you whether I like it. In my opinion it needs it's mods(the usual fast battles), and here is another area CA came through.
    Most fun I have had with total war in a long while. The detail CA have put in is quite engrossing, even though I would not really say I was not a fantasy buff.

I am hoping the sieges and battle maps will get bigger, the sieges in particular as the cities mostly look so good, but I can't look around as much as I 'd like too, I am forever bumping into the outer limit. I see the bridges where I would like to make a last stand, slightly deeper into the city, but the deployment area is a little dull once the walls are breached.

This game runs very well on my reasonable PC, almost maxed out settings(ok so I'm being a tad greedy with some settings here, and probably have some poor FPS at times, but it helps slow the battles down further) and I think CA did a great job with the optimisation. I will follow the DLC and expansions with keen interest, looking forward to the other races and feeling confident CA will do a decent job, now where is that fire breathing dragon, don't the High Elves have them?

Good fun, small annoying issues that do not stop me playing it. Chaos being a bit broken being the main one.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Best total war CA!

I like TW and Warhammer, so this is best combination.
    AI is better then thought. Balancing have to be overworked. Norsca overrun the map in every campaign.

Also different sartposition for every Lords have to be add in multiplayer as free LC. This is no go I cant play same race with my buddy!
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

G`evening people and players of TW.
    Most of you may know me from outdated uploads to Center giving quote to Mr. Rowan Atkinson
    asked by Thomas Gottschalk about the funky color on one of his precious cars.
    I now felt it about time to give pips to those folks involved making TWWarhammer in my
    experience the best playable release since I`m not quiet sure when.
    There may have been concerns about whether UI elements would be rewarding to all player factions,
    so now we all know CA`s got it formidably right this time around.
    R.E.W.A.R.D.S.
    +Landscape, scenery, animation, interference, replayability.
    _they might be able to expand more on whats available and adds to diversity in UI and battle.
    And to all those wieners picking on design decisions: ask yourself if you caught it wrong.
    Mods trash the game mostly for the mod developers, stop ruining their lifes and have some fantasy
    for once. I couldn`t rush a single bow ahigaru downhill and win unless pressing P at least four times,
    aand, I had a good cup of cloud- juice with pixy appollon and he of course does bet against aeroplanes ever in real-time-battle unless CA got Konami.
    I mean those pegasi are somewhat fast..but how- to- slow it down?

This is the first time I actually feel good about a DLC schedule for a game. It may be overpriced, but I'll just wait for a sale later. I'm mostly excited about the Beastmen DLC and any further race packs because these feel completely different from one another, its not a reskin and stat shuffle like in the historical games. But hey, even the Grim and the Grave DLC gets so appreciation from me. I absolutely love Helman Ghorst and I can't wait to get him and level him up and deck him out with all sorts of equipment! I have to hand it to CA, I've never felt so attached to my general and hero units as much as I am here. Renaming, leveling up, and decking out your guys is awesome and a welcome addition to this game.

I have totally enjoyed playing Warhammer, and look forward to all the DLC's so I can keep playing. I give it a 9/10 score. I would make it 10/10 except I am giving all CA products a -1 on their scores until they release an American Civil War game.
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.

Atilla is by far the best by now, especially after the dumb Rome 2. Rome 1 was bad, but got almost the best with Mods like Europa Barbarorum and Rome Total Realism. Medieval 2 was really an improvement which was already quite good without mods. Shogun 2 was not that good in my opinion. Like Empire they simplyfied the building aspect so that you have only a handfull options per town.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Before TW Warhammer I liked most Shogun 2 FotS simply because I loved that clash of new technology vs old technology. Rifles vs swords. Cannons vs cavalry.
    And TW warhammer is exactly that but on steroid. Technology vs brute force. Equipment vs magic. Discipline vs monsters. Game is silly in many ways but it has one extremely rare thing : It has unique concept that was properly done.

RaduAlexandru's Avatar Civis

Well I can only praise the designers and graphic artists and animators and all the people who brought us the units, maps and combat animations.
    Last edited by Flinn; November 04, 2016 at 11:33 AM. Reason: this is the praise thread

"Aim towards the Enemy."
    -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I removed some off-topic comments; this is the praise thread, if you want to discuss the business policy or criticize CA choices, you have to use this thread, thanks.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Creative Assembly Praise Thread

The maps are wonderful and great. Really nice!

I think CA could use them more. The battles should have different Start positions on map, so the maps would be more used. One time right, then left, middle aso. The feeling would be like New map.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Default Thank you tCA, for this awesome experience.

I completed a campaign as Mazdamundi. I loved everything about it: I love the Lizardmen and how they look, I loved the cutscenes (also loved them in Attila, these kind of episodic story telling scenes), loved the big plot twist at the end concerning the comet - man, I didn't that coming - , and I loved the final battle. I also loved the Skink priest and his crocoman buddy in the cutscenes

Thank you tCA for this experience, you have outdone yourselves this time. When it comes to game mechanics Total War games get better with every title as far as I'm concerned.

Well, that's all I wanted to say, now I'm off to do another campaign as Tyrion

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Creative Assembly Praise Thread