Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New DLC announced

Default New DLC announced

Last week has been quite productive, when it comes to DLC announcements...

As expected since the reveal of the map-hint, the new DLC, titled as "Curse of the Vampire Coast" includes for Lords from the pirate faction of the New World, with the first one being Luthor Harkon.

Admittedly the trailer was definitely inspired from the Pirates of the Caribbean, like how Throb or the siege of Carthage were marked by obvious references to Game of Thrones and Save Private Ryan respectively.
    The price is the same (I think) with that of the rest of campaign packs. Judging from its name, it probably only concerns the undead gentlemen, so the predictions about Sartosa were not confirmed. The release date is scheduled for the 8th of November, which is quite later that I suspected. Creative Assembly has introduced a new mechanic to compensate for the lack of naval battles and the disastrous results of the bugged auto-resolve, which is almost identical to a solution proposed by modders. Namely, the units will disembark in an "island" and the player will have the option to play the battle, encircled by the ocean and presumably some ships serving as a decor. To be sincere, a pirate-themed DLC wihtout naval battles and exploding sails seems a bit weird. Finally the three remaining mysterious lords will be gradually revealed as we approach the release date.
    Frequently asked questions.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: New DLC announced

Not what I would have prefered, but seems well done

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...Vampire_Coast/

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...pire-coast-faq

The Curse of the Vampire Coast Campaign Pack contains:

• 4 new Legendary Lords
    • New Lore of Magic: The Lore of the Deep
    • New roster: command towering constructs, ghastly pincered sea-beasts, ghoulish horrors and musket-wielding piratical zombie hordes in battle!
    • A suite of all-new campaign mechanics:
      • Treasure Maps: Find treasure maps and dig for booty
      • Ship Building: Upgrade each Legendary Lord’s unique ship
      • Infamy: Rule the waves to become the most infamous pirate of all
      • Pirate Coves: Establish hidden enclaves in your enemies settlements
      • Fleet Offices: Reward your undead Admirals with positions of power to improve their loyalty
      • Pieces of Eight: Sail the seas to unlock eight new Regiments of Renown

• New battle mechanics:
      • More Powder: Use your Heroes to keep your gun-lines topped up with ammo
      • Extra Powder: While black powder is plentiful, each unit will benefit from a variety of missile-related buffs

-November 8th 2018
    -Luthor Harkon is the first Legendary Lord
    -Island battles and Black Ark battles-Additionally, we’ll also be releasing a major update to the Vampire Counts factions in Mortal Empires, empowering them with new mechanics and revised skills and abilities.
    -And last but not least, there will be a Free-LC release alongside, a magnificent new Legendary Lord for use in Eye of the Vortex and Mortal Empires. More news soon.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHh1TxryWlw
    It's pirates of the caribbean kek

EDIT: Daruwind was faster
    Last edited by Dumanthis; October 04, 2018 at 09:42 AM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

My hype was largely killed yesterday but this looks quite decent, the constructs and sea creatures look like fun.

Looks like a lot of fun. I suppose it makes sense since it is the new world theme after all. I don't know much about the other faction(s) that could have been, so I am not disapointed in any way. 5 new lords (Factions) total - with the free one alongside. I am wondering what that big monster was in the ocean, how would that make an appearance in a battle? Only coastlines?

Patrician Artifex

It's not only new world, but also a good part of Southlands, so we could have seen Araby, the other factions that appears on both Vortex and ME maps. DoW could have been there for the new world colonis and Sartosa.

Is this the last big DLC for WH2? Like the last big faction pack? Is there no chance to see any of those missing factions?

Patrician Artifex

I doubt it's the last one. I expect two more . One with Araby + update of an old faction (maybe Brettonia because of Crusaders?), one with DoW/TEB + rework of Empire

Steam DB is showing only one more DLC entry. Which is corresponding with one more lord pack we are expecting for next year.

However, there are no entries for FLCs (at least two more as DE and Lizardmen LLs), but these are usually added at the last possible time before actual release date.

Question is, what else is CA having in mind. There will be definitely pre-order DLC for WH3. Question is, if it will be similar to Norsca pack or something else. Norsca is considered to be one of best DLC however it was pretty storm for WH2. Still Araby would be very suitable to be done in similar way. Especially as it is the easiest addition to both Vortex/ME campaign map as Araby requires no additional campaign map changes. Then we might see another free faction ala Bretonnia. For which Dogs of War/Southers Realms are still the best possible remaining candidate. (in fact adding Dogs via free update would be quite clever. There was problem how to add them properly to Vortex campaign map in case of paid DLC. Paying for majority content being added into ME is silly. With free update they can add smaller part to the Vortex map while adding a lot more to ME)

But while I´m quite shocked, I´m actually also happy because Vampire Coast was for me little under cutting line. Like Norsca previously. So it is great we are getting this faction because with Norsca and VC, CA probably must have some plans for Araby and Dogs as well. They would not skip them completely. That´s too big jump..

I would be suprised if CA would leave Southern realms like they are at the moment since they are just Empire clones and their territory spans a lot of regions in Mortal Empires and Old World campaign. Maybe they release it as a DLC like Norsca when the third part comes along to update both Warhammer 1 and Mortal Empires?

Araby I would love see, but territory wise it would only fit well Vortex. ME is a lot more trickier since the southlands do not have that much space afterall. Arkhan already occupies Wizard Caliph's Palace so either Bretonnians of the area have to go or Arkhan need to be relocated.

Patrician Artifex

I doubt Araby can be pre order, because it may no be on WH3 map. Norsca was supposed to fit in both maps at start.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I enjoyed the video (the visuals, the narrative, voice-over and the music were all done well in my view). Vampire pirates sound like fun!

I'm intrigued by the hunt for the 'lizard trinkets' and the line about 'putting ourselves back together' (maybe people who know about the lore of Warhammer will have ideas about this.)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Really looking forward to this! The vampire chaps were by favourite faction in Warhammer, so seeing them from a different angle will be fascinating, especially since it looks like they've made everything pretty much from scratch (admittedly I base that only on the trailer, but generic Empire-zombies seem far fetched).
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I predict Araby will come, and Cathay will come in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    I predict Araby will come, and Cathay will come in the future.
    I hope your right but my intuition says otherwise. Kislev is the most likely DLC with the third part. There is little space for Araby in ME and to be honest we are lucky if they do DoW at all (we already have regiments of Renown btw) or rework the Southern Realms.

Pirate Coves: Establish hidden enclaves in your enemies settlements
    By the way, this sounds as second layer for a settlement....what about Skavens and undercities?

New blogpost about VampCoast https://academy.totalwar.com/vampire-coast/

FACTION EFFECTS

Luthor Harkon’s fierce hatred of Lizardmen significantly hampers diplomatic relations but gives him a notable edge when leading his armies against them.
    LORD EFFECTS

Luthor Harkon’s mind is fractured, meaning any one of his myriad different personalities can seize control – with unpredictable consequences.
    MOUNT: DEATH SHRIEK TERRORGHEIST

Luthor Harkon can take to the skies astride a fearsome Death Shriek Terrorgheist.
    UNIQUE ITEM: SLANN GOLD

This filthy lucre reduces the cost of raising the dead, increases magic resistance, and reduces the Winds of Magic starting amount for enemy armies.

UNIQUE SKILLS

MAN-O-WAR

Luthor Harkon is no stranger to battle, his thousands of years of experience bolstering the leadership of his Depth Guard and Zombie Deckhands as well as increasing hero capacity for Vampire Fleet Captains.

SEVERED FROM THE WINDS

Luthor Harkon’s connection to the Winds of Magic was violently severed, increasing his magic resistance and reducing the Winds of Magic starting amount for enemy armies.

HAND CANNON

Luthor Harkon’s bullets pack an explosive punch, increasing missile damage for both himself and his Zombie Gunnery.
    MOMENT OF LUCIDITY

Flashes of clarity through the madness serve to increase Luthor Harkon’s armour and melee defence.
    PIRATE KING

Luthor Harkon’s reign as Pirate King of the Vampire Coast is absolute, reducing unit upkeep for Harkon’s army and increases global recruitment capacity.

Starting position + you can notice new island in the middle of the ocean - Galleon´s Graveyard (if i can read it correctly) :-)

Khalida will probably actually have vampires to fight now!

That new island is for Count Noctilus, according to people on YouTube.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Noctilus

Nyklaus raised up the shattered remains of dead warshipsto form the hull of the Bloody Reaver, and just as his realm was reborn within the Galleon's Graveyard, so too was Nyklaus reborn as Count Noctilus.]

According to the silhouettes apparently the third lord is Aranessa Saltspite.. http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wi...essa_Saltspite

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by SturmChurro; October 09, 2018 at 03:20 PM.

We can now cycle the characters, second revealed is really Count Noctilus:
    https://academy.totalwar.com/vampire-coast/
    Count Noctilus, once known as Nyklaus von Carstein of Sylvania, was drawn to the maelstrom at the heart of the ocean to feast upon its dark magic. He performed a mighty ritual to transport himself, his castle and all his undead minions there to the Galleon’s Graveyard, a mystical place where wrecks and hulks of the seas are drawn. Reborn as Count Noctilus, he raised the shattered remains of sunken warships to form the hull of the Bloody Reaver and ride the waves of the mortal seas once more.

FACTION EFFECTS Count Noctilus’s appetite for conquest allows him to gain war-declaration missions with unique rewards and rapidly swell his ranks for the task with increased recruitment capacity for his pirate crew and reduced recruitment duration for Necrofex Colossi.
    LORD EFFECTS

As a consummate Lord of Dread, Count Noctilus benefits from reduced upkeep for Necrofex Colossi in addition to increased weapon strength for any monstrous units under his command.
    MOUNT: NECROFEX COLOSSUS

Count Noctilus is often seen riding into battle atop the grotesque, rotting bulk of a Necrofex Colossus.
    UNIQUE ENCHANTED ITEM: CAPTAIN ROTH’S MOONDIAL

This strange trinket grants Count Noctilus increased movement and line of sight in the campaign map as well as the ability to summon Zombie Deckhands across the battlefield.

UNIQUE SKILLS

MASTER OF THE DREADFLEET

Count Noctilus is the undisputed leader of the Dreadfleet, increasing lord recruitment rank faction-wide.

REGENERATIVE HULL

Count Noctilus’s preternatural powers of regeneration extend beyond merely himself, increasing the replenishment rate and recruitment capacity of his army.

VANDAL

Plundering is in Count Noctilus’s blood, increasing horde growth for his ship as well as income gained from raiding and sacking settlements.

OF THE VON CARSTEIN LINE

Count Noctilus’s former life as Nyklaus von Carstein means he is well versed in striking terror into the hearts of his foes as well as regenerating in the face of seemingly insurmountable injuries.

SEA CURSE

The curse of the Galleon’s Graveyard is known and feared throughout the coast but Count Noctilus has found a way to harness its power for his own gain, increasing the leadership and melee defence of his Depth Guard, Deck Droppers, and Terrorgheists.

INVINCIBLE FLEET

Count Noctilus and his fleet are infamous for their terrible tenacity, resulting in the leadership of his army being increased and making Noctilus himself unbreakable.

STARTING POSITION

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast