Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: [WIP] Seven Kingdoms - Game of Thrones Overhaul for Attila

House Greyjoy's video-preview by Simpzy Total War.

Alright people, recently there was a Developer Q&A video hosted by Jackie Fish with Project Lead Blick Mang and Coding Extraordinaire Wild.

Below is what was discussed and answered in the video (Taken from a 3rd person view):

Q: Will there be naval combat in the mod?
    A: Yes, but it's not anything on their radar right now. They plan to make it so that each faction will have their own types of ships and vessels. (We can't have Ironborn coming in galleys and firing catapults) The main goal right now is to finish and get the units up to date. They are planning to create custom maps and naval units are not compatible with custom maps right now, basically means it won't work. (example, We can have King's Landing as a custom map but you can't have Stannis coming down by sea)

Q: Will the units/houses be balanced individually?
    A: At the moment no, now they're trying to get the basic, very base raw balance. Like heavy beats medium. Cavalry beats swords but loses to spears. Archers just beat everything because they're archers. But once all the factions are flushed up, they can start doing individual unit blancing.

Q: Will House X, Y, Z be included?
    A: This is Blick Mang's favourite question as it gives him many sleepless nights (So tone it down on this question people) But looking at the world they want to create, it can take them up to 2 or 3 years to fully recreate it. Their first priority will be getting the main houses in the TV show completed before looking into expanding into Houses that existed in a different time period, maybe in Essos or some obscure Houses that are not mentioned in the TV series or even in the books. The example would be the Blackwoods. To sum it up, they plan on adding as many houses as possible but it is a matter of prioritization at this point. Blick Mang stated that the Forresters will also be added further down the road (they get pestered alot by the Forrester question).

Q: Will the Targaryens be included?
    A: According to Wild, this is the hardest question ever. It all comes down to refrences and making people happy. Everybody has an idea on how the Targaryens will look like when they read the books or see an artistic impression. And the main reason why they started with the TV series is due to the fact that when someone mentions the Starks, people tend to think about the brown padded leather armor. If they try to do a Targaryen unit, the only reference they have is the armor of the Kingsguard in that flashback scene in Season 6. And according to Blick Mang, as there are no references to the Targaryens, they are most likely working on their own imaginations and if they want to do it, they want to do it right. What they will do now is to wait awhile and if there are no further references available, they will do their best shot at it.

Q: Will dragons be included?
    A: They won't be adding dragons as Wild can't make things fly yet. If somewhere down the line a miracle happens and it can be made, surely they'll do their best to make it happen. Right now, it's just not possible.

Q: Will White Walkers be included?
    A: When they make a White Walker, they don't want to make a White Walker, they want to make the feel of a White Walker. It's more about making the White Walkers more than just a retexture soldier killing someone. Because if it doesn't feel like a White Walker, all it is will just be a recoloured roman soldier killing somebody else. And that's just lame. They don't want that. They're going to make it 100% and they're going to make it feel good. Right now, they have what they need to retexture a soldier to look like a White Walker but to create the entire feeling of a White Walker is an entire different story.

Q: Will there be Generals from the show? And will they have custom traits and abilities?
    A: Before the question is answered, Blick Mang stated that it takes an average of 15 hours of work from start to finish to actually create a unit. (So when folks like us look at a set of Stark armor or Tyrell armor, that's about 12-15 hour work per unit, so do appreciate the time taken guys!) So with that being said, it's a huge time investment of assets not just from Blick Mang but the other members of the team. With that in mind, it's a very low priority at this point. They do plan on flushing them up, like creating Tywin Lannister with his unique armor, but again it's low priority at his point.

Q: When will the mod be released?
    A: They estimated a release date in between Halloween and Thanksgiving. (Oct-Nov)

Q: Will there be a campaign mode?
    A: They will discuss this question in another video. We must be mindful that Attila has a lot of restriction to the point that custom campaign maps cannot be created, take Rise of Modor for example.

Q: How will the release and updates be structured?
    A: They plan on releasing cultural packs. For example, they can have the Reach with 15 different houses included in the pack.

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here

I was wondering if you'll reshape the Mormont shield so it looks more like the ones we see in the TV-show, with more of a barrel-shaped shield, rather than the oval egg-shape it has ingame now? I'm might being picky, but I was just wondering

Quick question, has the team included the Tyrell armor from season 5 as seen down below?

sorry about the previous post's picture not showing, but here is the example
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hey Seven Kingdoms team, do you guys want to do a 4 v 4 Siege Battle? MK defending, 7K attacking? We'll send a battle replay to a youtuber or two.

I also noticed that in the show, the Tully shields look different from the ones you've got ingame (same as the mormont shield, which is more oval-shaped than barrel-shaped):

or they have the same fundamental design, but they are a bit msaller maybe?

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the late reply (lots of RL stuff going on). I'm working with Gigantus to get a subforum here up and running while we continue working on House Tarly, House Martell, and replacing existing units (e.g. I remade the Karstark heavy infantry).

Quote Originally Posted by ask0901 View Post
    I also noticed that in the show, the Tully shields look different from the ones you've got ingame (same as the mormont shield, which is more oval-shaped than barrel-shaped):
    Work in progress, shields and minor details will be replaced over time.

Quick question, has the team included the Tyrell armor from season 5 as seen down below?
    They're just personal guards but maybe in the future. Getting the final houses in-game is top priority right now.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by ask0901 View Post
    or they have the same fundamental design, but they are a bit msaller maybe?
    Does it really matter that shields are a little different? Should devs in your opinion get back and fix shields instead of making more new content?

Soo i read that there can't be a campaign mod because you cant change the map ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Does it really matter that shields are a little different? Should devs in your opinion get back and fix shields instead of making more new content?
    No it doesen't matter that much. But I was asking the team if they were aware of it, an i f they would change them My intention is just to try to help, and make some feedback - just something I noticed in one of the videos. For sure I'd rather want new content to be released, and I love their work, but I'm really detail-oriented and just wanted to know whether they will change them or not Those small details will make houses like Mormont even more unique!

Legionem Insanis's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: The original thread

Been watching this mod in action on YouTube. Amazing work, guys!

Atticus-R's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The original thread

Oh god i hope they can eventually do campaign map.

Hi everyone, I've a problem.
    I've tried to install the mod manually as the Mitch Mod Manager doesn't work. So I've put the. pack file in the data folder, than I've created the user.script.txt file and typed mod "[mod name].pack" ,and saved it as Uncoded(or something like that).
    When I lunch the game it crashes after a few second, even before that I get to the main menu. The above procedure has worked with other mods,can anyone help me pls??

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456