Thread: Asymmetric warfare in multiplayer battles.

Icon1 Asymmetric warfare in multiplayer battles.

DISCLAMER: THIS WILL BREAK IMMERSION

This is it. The best composition for multiplayer battles as The Empire.

Have you ever wanted to win a multiplayer battle and you bring out the best the Empire has but loses because their large units breaks apart your lines really fast? Have you ever spammed halberdiers but still fail to kill a giant? Tanks too expensive and not much use? Karl Franz gets killed fast? Have no tactics for multiplayer battles? This is for you! With this composition, you will never lose to those greenskins or cultists again!

UNIT COMPOSITION
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is for Large funds.
    1 Lord (No mount)
    6 Witch hunters
    4 Captains (All pegasus mounts)
    3 Great swords

Tactics.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Since we are talking about asymmetric warfare. You are supposed to be on the defensive.
    Hide your witch hunters
    Show them your great swords and just wait.
    Intercept their flying lords with your captains.
    When their non flying lords or large units like Giants come, unleash hell with accuse on them.
    When those are dead, leadership drops and Pyrrhic Victory.

Now go and fight for The Empire and show them cultists, heretics, vampires and greenskins what we humanity is made of.

Default Re: Asymmetric warfare in multiplayer battles.

I was wondering when the hero spam would take over multiplayer. Heroes, melee ones (I notice you don't include any magic) are nearly impossible to kill with regular troops, leaving you to have to counter heroes with other heroes.

Grimgor can easily take on 8 units of empire swordsmen. Like... holy crud.

So yeah it makes sense that the multiplayer cheese will be hero spam. The only counter to this I see is maybe crud tons of missile troops or maybe gyrocopters. Or maybe a vampire counts army with only vargheists and terrorgheists. Just spam flying units to kill your captains off first before then separately attacking the rest of your army (which would be useless vs all flyers).

Want an even more broken build? Take all gyrocopters. Full stack. Chaos literally cannot beat that army because they have so little shooting and magic is crud.

The Lords are far too powerful. They really need to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    I was wondering when the hero spam would take over multiplayer. Heroes, melee ones (I notice you don't include any magic) are nearly impossible to kill with regular troops, leaving you to have to counter heroes with other heroes.

Grimgor can easily take on 8 units of empire swordsmen. Like... holy crud.

So yeah it makes sense that the multiplayer cheese will be hero spam. The only counter to this I see is maybe crud tons of missile troops or maybe gyrocopters. Or maybe a vampire counts army with only vargheists and terrorgheists. Just spam flying units to kill your captains off first before then separately attacking the rest of your army (which would be useless vs all flyers).

Want an even more broken build? Take all gyrocopters. Full stack. Chaos literally cannot beat that army because they have so little shooting and magic is crud.
    The reason I did not include any magic is because magic is limited by the winds of magic.

Melee lords wreck your whole army, can only die to shooting or another (stronger) lord. Like... why. That's crazy.
    Wizard lords don't do anything special that hero level wizards can't do as well.