Thread: City overseers?

Default City overseers?

hey all,

I remember it was mentioned in previews that Lords can be assigned to a city as a overseer / governor to increase potential income or even lead garrisoned army in case of siege. I cant seem to find any info on how to do that. Am I missing something or was this changed for the final game? It seems like I can put the Lord in the city but I do not get any options to assign tasks to him or make him overseer.

Default Re: City overseers?

By putting a Lord in a settlement you will be granted with passive bonuses to Public Order. Also, they will be preseny on the battle map to lead your garrison forces.

What else were you expecting? What 'tasks' did you think they could perform?

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    What else were you expecting? What 'tasks' did you think they could perform?
    he probably had in mind governors from Attila
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

i had a similar question.. guess i'll fit it in here instead of starting a new thread

One of the missions in my orc campaign is to raise public order (i think it's called obedience) or something like that. I put a character in there and i also recruit some units but it's stuck and unrest doesn't seem to go down. Instead unfightiness goes up. Any clues ? What am i missing ?

Stop taxation in the province, build Big Boss Huts, and garrison a sizeable army. Make use of character items that improve obedience also.

Putting a Lord in a city over time and he will get better traits pertaining to taxes/trade/public order etc, for Empire having a treasurer Lord is even batter.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

i'm specificaly reffering to Orcs.. Stationing them numbs em down cause of their race (fightiness goes down). On one hand mission asks you to raise obedience on the other hand game gives you a penalty because orcs have to move and fight. And obedience doesn't seem to raise at all

Quote Originally Posted by shurick View Post
    hey all,

I remember it was mentioned in previews that Lords can be assigned to a city as a overseer / governor to increase potential income or even lead garrisoned army in case of siege. I cant seem to find any info on how to do that. Am I missing something or was this changed for the final game? It seems like I can put the Lord in the city but I do not get any options to assign tasks to him or make him overseer.
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Lords_Work

“You might also appoint a Lord as an Overseer. They are then assigned a province to govern, reacting to challenges by handing down commandments to direct the efforts of the populace, and through the application of their own skills. Should the provincial capital be attacked, the Overseer will personally lead the garrison troops in their efforts to defend the walls. Though garrisons in general will be better equipped to deal with enemy forces regardless.“

I don't think you are mistaken, the CA wiki reads like a Lord should be able to be assigned to a province, not an occupying force in its capital. I have not been able to do this and think it was cut content. With out the ability to set an overseer the follower system is too messy. In its current form, re-assigning followers for province bonuses (recruitment/trade/tax) every time an army moves feels like too much micro management. The Lords, even by themselves count as an army and increase faction wide upkeep cost, further reducing their economic benefits, which is another reason to use overseers if they were available.