Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7 Hobbit Trilogy Units Sub-mod

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS 1.7 Hobbit Trilogy Units Sub-mod

Quote Originally Posted by falloutraver117 View Post
    ok so idk if this is just me or what but after spending a week testing this theory out, for some reason both the hobbit unit mods are incompatible with the enhanced mos patch by rafmc1989, after multiple installations and uninstalls the hobbit unit mods only work with the regular mos1.7 and only when i installed enhanced mos did the game throw me back a menu when trying to start a new campaign... and yes i used the cleaner.bat every time i installed and uninstalled and every patch, mind you i did this none stop for a week lol and im not new to modding games xD i fairly know what im doing so im confident i installed correctly, i had no other mods as well for third age and mos just third age itself and mos along with mos enhanced and this mod, i tried looking through the files for something and searched multiple sites or what could have caused it but no luck, but anyways ya just wanted to make that known, im pretty sure it cant just be me i got legit downloads from the legit official sites and i know i installed correctly cause it was only when i installed this with mos enhanced and not with regular mos, regular works fine with this mod, is there anything that enhanced mos would conflict with, with this mod???
    Welcome to the forums, falloutraver117

I don't know why you expect this mod to be compatible with a MOS 1.7 version with the enhanced submod for MOS by rafmc1989 installed. Both are submods that are supposed to be installed to a clean MOS 1.7. In other words, not to MOS 1.7 with another submod for MOS already installed.

If you still want to know why it doesn't work, I advice you to take a look at the description section of the enhanced submod on Moddb and see what a huge amount of content and changes it contains. Since you are "not new to modding games xD i fairly know what im doing so im confident i installed correctly" you will probably notice a few, if not quite a lot of things that could cause problems.

rafmc1989 has an account here, but he has no thread for the the enhanced submod for MOS 1.7 on TWC.
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 21, 2016 at 07:11 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hello, this is an excellent sub-mod, both elven and dwarven units look amazingly awesome, i found out the hard way as you stated above, after many trials, that this mod isnt compatible with Mos enhanced version, what a shame, anyway my question is this, is this compatible with the other mod that lets you switch armors from silver to gold in elf units, cause i would also like eldar n lothlorien units to use gold armors, also i think that this mod isnt compatible with the one called marka barded horses, in any case could any of each or both be done? Thanks in advance.

Hey, Brian!
    If you ever will want to make Dwarf Goats, I know the mod where they have fully functioning mounted goat unit with animations and such. You will just have to make proper horns, add some armor and voila! The unit is ready!
    Here is the link to the mod where you can get model, textures and animations of a war goat:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-total-war
    Province of Ordona I believe, they have war goats.
    I hope that you will think about this

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

MOS 1.7 compatibile.working great here.nice work done.thank you both :-)
    Last edited by Andre J. Jassoch; October 14, 2016 at 04:39 AM.

Very nice!

Hey King Brian, love your work.... even doubled the ironfoot unit size

im new too modding like REALLY new....i tried editing the sound files for the ironfoot so that they have different chants when selecting and charging them at the enemy....used the chants from the movie and edited the sounds, whch is as far as i got as im in over my head here haha.....so if your any good at altering sound files i can send you the ones i have worked on (only had a trial version of wavepad and first time altering sound files so they arent the best and need more work)

the sounds include

the start of the spear wall "Raken bekar!"

dains "too battle too battle sons of durin!"

the dwarves marching orders "Yanad durinul!'

then the whole chant before the wereworms came (my favourite bit is toward the end when they all yell "HE he HE he" but i cant edit the sound of the worms out

then the main file which has all the chants and dains arrival.

Hey, I stopped modding since the moment I finished this mod, I came back just to participate in the forums and goof around, I actually never really found a guide or something that could teach me how to alter sound files, but bro, if you are able to do that, then PM me when you can with the files, upload them to mediafire, send me the link, and I'll add the link in the main post regarding installation of this mod, so people can download those sound files, of course you'll recieve credit for your work.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

has anybody been having issues with the scripts, either proximus or the coutner invasions one? any crashes? cause I just checked and I DID change the lines there to make up for the fact that I took out the axemen of erebor units and and so on.....anyways, ANY issues at all you've found and tell me...also, after the necessary barracks events, can you recruit iron foot pikemen and infantry from the Iron Hills?
    Last edited by King Brian; December 30, 2016 at 02:27 PM.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

I found out an issue with the scripts, proximus and allied script, and counter invasions script....for axemen of erebor. The original MOS1.7 campaign_script file tries to spawn them when they don't exist(since they were replaced with iron foot infantry), I mentioned "original" file, cause......and don't get mad....I kinda sorta never uploaded the new campaign script file I made the day I made the mods, I thought I did.......funny enough, the campaign script file with the necessary edited lines, is the one from the (sub-mods) folder, you know, the additional optional changes you can add to the mod, the one that spawns arnorian units by the proximus script when Arnor helps, and gives armor upgrades for gondorian and dwarven and arnorian units from that same script, in that one there's not a single "axemen of erebor mercs/_DI unit" all of them were replaced by "iron foot infantry mercs/_DI units" cause I had typed on the find function, the axemen of erebor name, and replaced with iron foot infantry names,EDIT: just realized, the same goes for dwarven pikemen been replaced by iron foot pikemen, I just fixed that and re-uploaded, so everything got correctly edited.

Enough talk, so......the mediafire link has been updated, so new people who download the mod for the first time get the mod already fixed(but like I said, if you had happened to use the campaign changes submod then you would have never experienced a crash)....for those of you who already installed the mod, I've added a new link, an "emergency patch", that adds that one file that wasn't there to begin with...again, sorry about that.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    Hey, I stopped modding since the moment I finished this mod, I came back just to participate in the forums and goof around, I actually never really found a guide or something that could teach me how to alter sound files, but bro, if you are able to do that, then PM me when you can with the files, upload them to mediafire, send me the link, and I'll add the link in the main post regarding installation of this mod, so people can download those sound files, of course you'll recieve credit for your work.
    id love to man but i only have the trial version of wavepad and it costs $60 for the generic version alone, things aren't going great financially at the moment....one day i will give it ago but not anytime soon. ill have a crack at using what i got but they wont be third age material until i can properly edit the sound....i did a fair bit of digging to find tutorials on how to edit sound files

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Dunno what you intend to do and therefore need, but there are avilable freeware as Audacity you can use for sound editing.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Ty for the useful info Ngugi
    "

No worry; I use it myself when modding sound. Here's a link, btw: http://www.audacityteam.org/

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    No worry; I use it myself when modding sound. Here's a link, btw: http://www.audacityteam.org/

thankyou thankyou thankyou!! will get too work on it now
    well when you select a unit they make a sound like "awaiting orders" im going to try and change the sound too this instead (chant at 2.18) ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5HJ55GAto8
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 12, 2017 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Updated the chant time from 2.14 to 2.18

GL, always tricky when much background noise, but hope it goes well

Can MOS team add this submod on their list of recommended submods?

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

hey does this work with the 4.0 unoffical patch?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It works with MOS 1.7 only. Unofficial Patch already has versions of Hobbit units.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    It works with MOS 1.7 only. Unofficial Patch already has versions of Hobbit units.
    thnak fopr your help
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    we will strictly only be posting pictures here from the other two factions(woops, I let it slip ).
    Did anything ever come of this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast