Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What DLC is going to be coming out and when?

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: What DLC is going to be coming out and when?

Well small roster or not, they DID put Brettonia in the custom battles which does give a strong idea they have further plans with them. Even if they only get a few more units than they have now, another playable faction is another playable faction. I dont think they need much more units, just some more to fill the gaps. Swordsmen and more heroes and leaders would already go a long way.

petertel123's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    But DLC is fun! Wouldn't you rather be getting a continuous stream of content then a flat game with no possibilities for expansion?

I personally can't wait. Doesn't matter how much money they ask, i'm buying it all.

But I suspect it'll start with a blood and gore DLC for 3 bucks (they aren't legally allowed to make this free).

And then bretonnia as a free faction in-campaign, hopefully with a few more units. I mean people might think bretonnia has limited units, but that's how it was in tabletop!! They hadn't upgraded bretonnia's army roster in over 10 years!

There's really only like 2 more units that aren't in the game for bretonnia. That's the grail reliquay and the questing knights (knights with great weapons)
    You're forgetting the knights errant as regular units, the fey enchantress as likely legendary lord, prophetess of the lady as regular lord, and green knight as either a legendary lord or some sort of unique hero (the last one is probably better as he is a legendary figure, not a lord with a castle that leads armies).
    Last edited by petertel123; May 28, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

I want to see Elves. That impassable forest just east of Bretonnia is begging for some Wood Elves. Dark Elves have the most interesting unit roster in all of Warhammer.

Plus who doesn't want a Phoenix mount?

i want to see unique units. and wood elves

Senator

My speculation:

- Blood and Gore
    - some new heroes and magical stuff (boring for me)
    - Bretonnia as FLC (nice)
    - Wood Elves/Beastmen as playable races (very nice)
    - Skaven, Lizardmen and the other Elves in parts 2 and 3

Wishful thinking to a part, because I'm not interesting in other races than the Wood Elves. Till I get them I will not buy any DLC, then I will buy all other stuff too.

I did research the Bretonnian roster after I heard that it was reduced and they have about 5 (6 if you count the legendary lord they add to go along with Leoncoeur.) units still to add. I believe they are Men-at-arms with swords, Grail Pilgrims, Grail requilae, Knight Errant and Questing Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Well small roster or not, they DID put Brettonia in the custom battles which does give a strong idea they have further plans with them. Even if they only get a few more units than they have now, another playable faction is another playable faction. I dont think they need much more units, just some more to fill the gaps. Swordsmen and more heroes and leaders would already go a long way.
    I did research the Bretonnian roster after I heard that it was reduced and they have about 5 (6 if you count the legendary lord they add to go along with Leoncoeur.) units still to add. I believe they are Men-at-arms with swords, Grail Pilgrims, Grail requilae, Knight Errant and Questing Knights. This would still be small however but probably able to get by.

It's obvious that the Bretonnians will be the Free DLC faction that is going to be added:

1) There are few units left to add and the roster that the Bretonnian's have is exceptionally small, especially compared to the major factions of the Tabletop such as the Wood Elves.
    2) They are already in Custom Battle mode and are on the campaign map, they have an established presence so it makes sense to finish them off.
    3) They will not want to add in a brand new faction for free, finishing off one for free is one thing, but a brand new race with a host of new models, new Lore of Magic etc. will not earn them the money they hope to get.

I would love to see Skaven along with Dark and High Elves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12