Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The economy seems a little unbalanced?

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default The economy seems a little unbalanced?

Or is it just me,

It's next to impossible to afford more than one or two good stacks in the campaign. Unit's are expensive, as is upkeep. Yet there's very little income and very little you can do to increase this. There are buildings, but the benefits are very marginal and the building costs are very high.

Anyone else have an opinion? I would welcome a mod that tweaks this a little, perhaps 20-50% increase in tax or a 20-50% reduction in upkeep costs?

Default Re: The economy seems a little unbalanced?

I agree but what about late game? You just collect tons of income without using it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's a little difficult at the start, you need to make some bold moves to secure some provinces.

Then you have TOO much money.

Radious mod increases the economy a bit, but it's also too much for the player.

100 turns in my Chaos campaign, one of the worst economy factions in the game, and I'm sitting on 80K gold with a full stack of Chosen and a secondary army of marauders, and Kholek's horde growing on the sidelines.
    Last edited by clench; May 27, 2016 at 09:11 AM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Chaos is the faction I've gone farthest with, and from what I can tell they don't even have an economy. Just the background income, so with my 2.5 stacks I have a negative income of about 800 per turn.

However you can make so much money fighting and sacking that I have 140k favor just about 64 turns in and couldn't spend it if I wanted to.

I'm enjoying it, makes me keep my army on the move.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    Or is it just me,

It's next to impossible to afford more than one or two good stacks in the campaign. Unit's are expensive, as is upkeep. Yet there's very little income and very little you can do to increase this. There are buildings, but the benefits are very marginal and the building costs are very high.

Anyone else have an opinion? I would welcome a mod that tweaks this a little, perhaps 20-50% increase in tax or a 20-50% reduction in upkeep costs?
    Which campaign do you play on?
    I'm at dwarf campaign, Normal, turn 100, having 6 full stacks.
    But truth: the first 35-40 campaign i had to do it with one full stack army and a half army.
    Also dont go buying all the expensive elite units.
    They are elite/high skill for something.

Making money as dwarfs is easy.
    Short on cash? Raid a village and sack it. (sometimes getting 12 000 gold / sack).
    Also make a lot of mining buildings, getting me tons of money.
    And offcoucse having some allies for trade agreements: getting 2 000 gold / through diplomacy.

For the empire, you need to take specific settlements that will make you lots of money (like the one with the port in it).
    Trade agreements are a big win in early game.

The difficulty of the Economy stems from the fact that you unlock GOOD units too early. You simply cannot afford any Tier 2 or Tier 3 units until after turn 60+!. So this means that in order to be optimal in the early game, you have to conquer about 10 regions with only the simplest troops. Like basic skeletons and zombies.

The issue is the disparity in upkeep. Elite units cost 5 to 10 times more per turn as their lowest tier rivals.

Also, you have to forget the notion that you can ALWAYS have a full stack army. You need to use 10-15 unit armies for the first 40 turns to be optimal. Dont worry, the AI will do this too so you wont be at a disadvantage.

dwarfs are the easiest faction to get wealth but every other faction can get rich and afford multiple armies... all goes down to good management and timming. set key settlements for warfare and the rest purely for economy. once you get like 3k income and start raiding and making trade deals and allies and neighbours giving you money to join wars (you never going to do nothing about) or accept money to peace.... gets easy to make money and have armies... all about put time and management before anything else.... patience rewards.
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

If you find it hard to fund 3 stacks by turn 40 than simply put, you're god awful at the game and that goes for any faction you may be playing. As others have noted you can get upwards to 10k+ gold per sack, each battle you do gives around 1k gold and you can choose to get even more money by selling off the captives. If you're turtling than you're playing the game wrong.

Dude the Empire doesnt raid. And if you think it should then you re playing the game wrong. There is something called immersion. Just one example. Same applies to Dwarfs. I would never raid.

So if you were to take a dwarven city and your only option was to raze it or sack it for 10k, you'd raze it because of immersion? Sounds fairly dumb to me but hey each to their own I guess.

As others are saying, you get money from winning battles and from sacking cities. This game is heavily focused on action, you can't just get non-aggression packs with everyone and camp your spawn province till turn 100 where you are so rich that you can conquer the planet in 20 turns.

In this game you brawl for power constantly or you fall behind. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Dude the Empire doesnt raid. And if you think it should then you re playing the game wrong. There is something called immersion. Just one example. Same applies to Dwarfs. I would never raid.

immersion...... you know, you don't have to do exactly what the lore says....its TW warhammer, its about people doing on their way. each player is like paralel universe where things works differently. its a sandbox game.......
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Chereye View Post
    If you find it hard to fund 3 stacks by turn 40 than simply put, you're god awful at the game and that goes for any faction you may be playing. As others have noted you can get upwards to 10k+ gold per sack, each battle you do gives around 1k gold and you can choose to get even more money by selling off the captives. If you're turtling than you're playing the game wrong.
    So how do you do it in this game? I'm probably on turn 12ish or so with my first Dwarf campaign. I control my initial province and one of the settlements in the province below me (Black Craig?). I've kind of gone with a balance between the economy and military for the research. I have one army with about 14 units (mostly dwarf warriors, tier 1) and a second army at about 7 units, mostly dwarf warriors tier 1. I only have about 500 gold pieces per turn coming to me. Should I keep conquering Ork cities? Or change my focus to something else?

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Greenskins even have a looter skill and a sacking skill. If they were any less grotesque in the amount you gained from looting, you'd fall under the weight of your armies. I think it's unbalanced late game, mostly so you can bribe human factions to tolerate you, but for the sake of early game where settlements conquered are few and far between.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Omy 41057 on sack

But yay having hard time to manage $ too at early game, but i'm shure like other total war once end game i'll throw money just for fun
    Peace is an accident, war is natural ... ~ John J. Rambo

So I just played Empire on LEGENDARY and I don't think there is a problem.

Here a screenshot from turn 100 where I had 4 full stack with many Greatswords and Reiksguard:

I had two full stacks at turn 20 and three full stacks at turn 50. And I wasn't really that fast I wasted a lot of time if you play lower difficulty or more optimal you can do better. Also Greenskins and Dwarfs have more stacks way earlier as the game is in general much easier with them. Greenskins in particular as you can snowball so early.
    With Empire the key to a good economy apart from gold buildings everywhere is really trade. In the screen the trade income dropped already cause factions were destroyed or cancelled but in midgame it was above 4k trade income with 10+ trade agreements. Also you want to have some armies with upkeep reduction and place +gold followers in reikland etc...

@Lugotorix nice screen with the 40k sack only personally had 20k so far. But then I didnt sack Karaz-A-Karak late game as I usually occupy it early game. This is really insane .
    Last edited by CyberianK; May 27, 2016 at 09:10 PM.

There is a reason why radious mod is fixing this because it is not balanced

Yeah but since Radious don't split his mod anymore i've stopped using his Mod ( because half part i don't want to )
    Peace is an accident, war is natural ... ~ John J. Rambo

omg Level 22 on turn 100 ?

I'm close to 150 and got 3,5 Stacks 2000 rest income and my Generals are 13, 9, 5, 3, and I constantly moved forward conquering,
    biggest raid income for a city was 6000, biggest income for victory + selling the survivors 2000

Can you give us a hint how you get that high level characters in that short time,
    I mean you said you play legendary so i guess sometimes you have pause to get reenforcement for you troops or siege a city...
    22 on turn 100

Quote Originally Posted by Froggie38 View Post
    Yeah but since Radious don't split his mod anymore i've stopped using his Mod ( because half part i don't want to )
    Yah this is a problem i see also as now his mod gives goblin spears same morale as dwarf warrior.
    I wish he just allow us to choose which value we need to modify.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast