Default Re: dead

nah, just hibernating...

C`mon make promised update.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    nah, just hibernating...
    That would be so awesome if it's not dead and come back one day !

Every time I'm thinking about a new campaign I miss this great mod. I think it's sadly not really compatible with patch 17, I get missing resource icons on the trading screen, missing region descriptions and my actual income is different from the projected income.

I think the mod is fantastic as it is and while I certainly wouldn't mind new features - I think a simple update to ensure full compatibility with patch 17 would be enough to make it my favourite mod for Rome II.
    Other than Vae Victi (which is only at V 0.61 for a very long time) I don't really like playing the overhaul mods out there.
    R2TR always was my weapon of choice, until patch 17 interferred and the mod got abandoned or as you said mate "into hibernation"

What happened to the once numerous mod team? Other projects? Quit modding?

I think the 17 patches have pretty much ruined most of the modding community for Rome II, it's insane that mods have to be readjusted and updated with EVERY patch....and there have been 17 of them. No wonder so many left around mid to late 2014. Sad thing really.....

can talk for myself, i started working on own gaming project, i cant really tell any details right now.. but as with all my mods, there is a chance for me to return to them, i did some updates to ER and NER in the past, and maybe will do another. With R2TR its a bit more complicated, as complete rework to latest patch would require reworking all files from scratch, as right now, i have no idea what was added by latest patch. But as i said, when i will have more free time, i might do something about it, just please dont expect it in a month or two...

Artifex

can talk for myself, i started working on own gaming project, i cant really tell any details right now..
    Now you've made me curious.

With R2TR its a bit more complicated, as complete rework to latest patch would require reworking all files from scratch
    I wish I could help, but I still don't own the game due to the lack of a gold edition with all DLCs for a reasonable price.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Default Re: not dead

try Steam these days... summer sale started, i guess all CA games will be much cheaper than they usually are

small update on this topic, there should be an update for this mod in nearest future, cannot tell exactly when as my free time is limited, but its definitely not questions of months, but weeks. My primary goal is to make this mod fully compatible with patch 17, and fix any outstanding issues it has. Maybe even implement some new stuff..

GREAT news Jam!
    That's what I wanted to hear
    Thank you so much mate

Maybe you could implement some of the features that Phalangites released in 2014 as standalone mini mods, like "always capture artillery", "Roman laws", "transports only through ports", "Gods an Omens" etc. They were pretty neat and shouldn't cause too much work. Just an idea. Can't wait for the updated version.
    LT's work that he did last year could provide some interesting ideas too. He changed a couple of things and even implement one or two new things like different stances or so if I remember correctly.

Cheers mate

recently i was thinking buying TW Warhammer, but after seeing some "let's play" videos, i decided not to.. instead, i started old R2 and played few turns, which made me change few things here and there..until i decided to do a proper update..

Warhammer is for me a huge disappointment. I know a lot of people are liking the game, but for me personally, the moment when they started taking our Strategy options and replace them with Role Played things, game kinda stopped to be Strategy game..

Libertus

The release of this mod determines when i buy RTW2. I've held out knowing it was going to be gash without some real game developers modding it into what it should be.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I'm cured of modding bug, so at this moment I'm playing Attila and Warhammer. Maybe when the sickness hits me again then I'll come back to modding.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

yeah, it will... it hit me recently too.