Thread: Ultimate Unwrap3D Support

Stealth4Health's Avatar Civis

Default Ultimate Unwrap3D Support

As some of you might have already noticed, UU3D with its rigid_model_v2 plugin is not able to open up the new models of Warhammer. Therefore I have contacted the developer of the software. I got a response very quickly. Unlike expected, I did not get a "No, too much work" or something like that right away but instead he said that he would need to compare the new and older rigid_model_v2's to see what has changed. So let us hope that he will be able to update the plugin! I will post any updates here in this thread.

Of course it will not be very useful for modding Warhammer if BOB is not able to convert any models to rigid_model_v2 again, but I have strong hopes that they will add a cs2 converter at some point.
    Last edited by Stealth4Health; May 27, 2016 at 06:52 AM.

Default Re: Ultimate Unwrap3D Support

He told me that he has now updated the plugin, but it does not seem to work for me. Can anyone confirm this?

Great news! With the help of the developer we now got it to work!

Last edited by Stealth4Health; May 28, 2016 at 08:13 PM.

I'm a lousy modder but does it mean we might be able to do more than with attila/Rome 2 or just as much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I'm a lousy modder but does it mean we might be able to do more than with attila/Rome 2 or just as much ?
    More than Rome II / Attila? No. And we still need to wait and hope for CA to update the Assembly Kit so that we can convert the models back again, to rigid_model_v2. UU3D is now the only software which can open up the rigid_model_v2's of Warhammer. Therefore we can then save them in a format which can be imported into 3ds Max. There we can do modelling, rigging and even animation work. To get the edited models back to the rigid_model_v2 format of the game we would need to convert them via BOB. Though Warhammer's BOB is not able to do that yet.
    Last edited by Stealth4Health; May 28, 2016 at 09:00 PM.

Hi there, do anyone know what program/plugin can be used to open .material and .wsmodel files? I tried to see if i could open them like rigid_model_v2 but to no avail. Would be nice if there was a way it could open variantmeshes aswell, like the older assembly kit.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

This will answer a question I've been longing to ask.

Is this why all the mods out there only rehash existing assets? Is that why we cannot produce new 100% assets and units?
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

Quote Originally Posted by masterslay View Post
    Hi there, do anyone know what program/plugin can be used to open .material and .wsmodel files? I tried to see if i could open them like rigid_model_v2 but to no avail. Would be nice if there was a way it could open variantmeshes aswell, like the older assembly kit.
    I do not think that it is possible to open up those at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ostendadler View Post
    This will answer a question I've been longing to ask.

Is this why all the mods out there only rehash existing assets? Is that why we cannot produce new 100% assets and units?
    Yes, the tools we have access to, do not support converting any new models yet. They might still add that via an update at some point but they have not announced anything yet. There also could be problems with Games Workshop which might not like the possibilty of adding completely new assets to their Warhammer licensed game.

Besides that, I think, most of the core modders do work on Rome II or Attila projects. So it would suprise me if we see many Mods adding new models even as soon as such converting tool would exist.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

hey thanks so much for clarifying that.

It would blow real hard if they don't release that tool to us. I just feel however slightly positive that they will but not before all expansions are delivered. I cannot recall how long it took them in Rome 2 or Attila to be fair.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

moved to Modding fora
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader