Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: According to Steam Spy only 300 k units sold

Default According to Steam Spy only 300 k units sold

http://steamspy.com/app/364360

Not sure how accurate steam spy is...but their numbers are interesting. IF they're accurate, a lot of people are holding off buying.

Default Re: According to Steam Spy only 300 k units sold

If you look at total war: attila, warhammer already has like 10 times as many sales by day 3 that attila did.

300k times 60 bucks is 18 million dollars. I think they have almade back their investment. So it's a successfull launch.

Also, the peak players right now was 113k, whereas rome 2 had a peak of 118k. So looking at that, this is a great launch

Tiro

Maybe just give it a month before looking at the numbers? Atilla is around 720k after over a year and several sales (including a Humble Bundle if I remember correctly) for comparision.
    I mean it is not even a week yet and 300k in two days (yes, including the "Will never ever preorder from CA again" folks) sounds not that bad.

sidenote: Stellaris had an headstart but is also "only" by 380k. After all, TWW & Stellaris *are* PC niche games and not the yearly CoD/AssCreed brainbuster salesmachines for console fans

-----Red Dox

is that only from steam sales? because if so, we might have alot more than 300k (retail, other online stores...) but i hope they got investiment paid, because this game is an big improvement.

@emcdunna except the developer doesn't get $60 per copy, perhaps $30 with luck......
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

I'm sure this game will sell over a million copies within a year.

I'm hoping that CA makes so much money off of this game that they hire more teams to make FLC and DLC sooner rather than later.

I hope they make tons of money so they can do the American Civil War.
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.

since we've now magic and flying units and stuff it would be a good time to have Total War - Westeros (GoT) ^___^

Total war westeros, total war lord of the rings, and others like that are bound to show up with the new abilities showcased in total war: warhammer

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    Total war westeros, total war lord of the rings, and others like that are bound to show up with the new abilities showcased in total war: warhammer
    A LOTR themed Total War would be an absolute dream come true... Unfortunately not likely to happen due to licensing issues.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Flying machines? Hmmm. Does that mean we can have World War 2: Total War? I want to see air strikes by WW2 aircraft against German panzers, stukas, messerschmitts and Spitfires battling it out as the ground forces fight. WW2: Total War would be awesome!

Um not an official LOTR one, but there could easily be unofficial ones. The third age total war was one of the most comprehensive TW mods ever, and its about LOTR in med2's engine.

However what Warhammer's engine finally offers things total war: LOTR needs: Heroes! for one thing, then theres magic, monsters, flying things, etc.

Also, I would love WW2 total war as well, but how is CA gonna make a huge WW2 battle take under 5 minutes? (as is their current requirement for battles since Attila)

Only 300k? lol, that's a nice number considering it's been out for a couple of days and the type of game this is, also the amount of people that probably held off on buying this due to being cautious of new TW releases. I am confident these sales will rise quite quickly. They are also going to make a killing from the inevitable DLCs, followed by two TW Warhammer "game/expansions" that will expand the campaign map and add even more Factions, they're going to make some good profit from this Warhammer project.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    Um not an official LOTR one, but there could easily be unofficial ones. The third age total war was one of the most comprehensive TW mods ever, and its about LOTR in med2's engine.

However what Warhammer's engine finally offers things total war: LOTR needs: Heroes! for one thing, then theres magic, monsters, flying things, etc.

Also, I would love WW2 total war as well, but how is CA gonna make a huge WW2 battle take under 5 minutes? (as is their current requirement for battles since Attila)
    Game of Thrones mod for Medieval 2 was taked down due to legal matters and Warhammer mod for MTW2 had to change a name.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Total war Westeros should never and hopefully will never be brought about. ASOIAF isn't about the huge battles, it's about the characters. It could work if they favoured internal politics and diplomacy over the battles/war aspect of the hypothetical game but uh... This is Total war, which is sorta about war.

Lord of the rings would be amazing (as third age total war has proven) but as someone mentioned earlier licensing issues will sadly deny us a game, in all likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelus Trento View Post
    I hope they make tons of money so they can do the American Civil War.

You joke, but i think that would be kick ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
    Total war Westeros should never and hopefully will never be brought about. ASOIAF isn't about the huge battles, it's about the characters. It could work if they favoured internal politics and diplomacy over the battles/war aspect of the hypothetical game but uh... This is Total war, which is sorta about war.

Lord of the rings would be amazing (as third age total war has proven) but as someone mentioned earlier licensing issues will sadly deny us a game, in all likelihood.
    diplomacy and politics in ASOIAF..... you mean assassinations,bloody weddings and war...... (as far i recall there is few big wars on the timeline). but TW has those elements and TW isnt meant replicate, its about THE PLAYER choosing what he/she would do. So i would buy the game for the sake of wipe out the boltons and overun with my stark army and have cup of tea by the afternoon in dorne.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Dave View Post

Not sure how accurate steam spy is...but their numbers are interesting. IF they're accurate, a lot of people are holding off buying.
    Saw this article
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-war-game-ever
    and thought it might interest you

-----Red Dox

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dox View Post
    Saw this article
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-war-game-ever
    and thought it might interest you

-----Red Dox
    I remember a couple of years ago they said that Rome 2 had the best AI ever and a bunch of other guff, so I take statements like that very lightly... Maybe it's true. Maybe not. I don't know. I would be curious to see the true figures. But we don't know if Steam spy is accurate or completely false. So I guess we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Dave View Post

As others have stated, that was only the first couple days, its actually moving pretty fast. Check these http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/...nchise-history
    http://gamingbolt.com/total-war-warh...s-since-launch

"Total War Warhammer is the fastest selling title in Total War history, 500,000 units sold since launch." I think CA working closely with the community the last couple months has made a huge difference, heck, I only decided to buy the game when modding support was announced. They seem to be doing really well, which is good news for unbearable history curmudgeons and other more casual players as well, hopefully CA is wise with the money they make off of warhammer.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    since we've now magic and flying units and stuff it would be a good time to have Total War - Westeros (GoT) ^___^
    Interesting idea but I think many total war fanbase would rather see another Medieval game or something else first.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast