Thread: "Officers of" series - adds officers to units!

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default "Officers of" series - adds officers to units!

The vanilla game lacks officers within the various units at your disposal. I have corrected this for now with the four Vanilla factions. This change is essentially cosmetic, but the officer is functional and will engage in combat alongside his unit. The officers are the same size as other members of the unit. All non Monster/Hero/Warmachine units have officers for the factions I have completed so far.

Officers of the Empire available to download HERE on STEAM
    Officers of the Dwarves available to download HERE on STEAM
    Officers of the Vampire Counts available to download HERE on STEAM
    Officers of the Greenskins available to download HERE on STEAM
    Officers of the Chaos available to download HERE on STEAM

"OFFICERS OF" ALL IN ONE NOW AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD HERE ON STEAM

-F.A.Q.-
    Q) Is this compatible with X mod?
    A) If the mod edits the stats of vanilla units, it will not be compatible as the same lines of the same tables are being edited. There would need to be a compatibility patch.

Q) Do you plan on adding Standard Bearers or Musicians to this mod?
    A) That is my ultimate overarching goal with this mod (and the rest in the series to follow), but this requires specialized importer tools for animations, models, and sounds (since the items needed would not be found in the vanilla files) and I'm not sure if CA is going to provide those tools for this game in particular. However, it is something I wish to do.

Q) Do you plan on doing other factions?
    A) Yes, all of them.

Q) Can you tie their appearance to the technology?
    A) Not entirely sure, but I can look into it. I do not think it would be part of the main release however

Q) Do you plan on making a Radious mod compatible version?
    A) Probably not, no.
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; May 27, 2016 at 05:55 PM.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Default Re: Officers of the Empire

Is it possible to tie officers or visual changes in general to technology? I remember that VC have to research Undead Champions for their units but there is no cosmetic change, i.e. no champion skeleton in the unit afterwards.

Citizen

Blog Entries

It could be possible, but I'm not sure. To be frank I'm very new to making mods, however I'll dig around and ask around to see if it's possible.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

How about giving them something more then pure cosmetic aspect. Like better melee stats or something.

And how about standard bearers? Those could have morale boost.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Thank you very much. I absolutely need my officers!

Curious, will you be doing officers for Vampire Counts? Logically they achieve nothing, but a raised skeleton could represent an officer in its previous life.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alma69 View Post
    How about giving them something more then pure cosmetic aspect. Like better melee stats or something.

And how about standard bearers? Those could have morale boost.
    For the stat boost, it is something I have considered but I'm not entirely sure how much I would want to bump it up if I were to do so. And for Standard Bearers, at the moment it would require specialized model, sound, and animation importers which I do not have access to (and I'm not sure if CA is ever going to give us those tools for this title), so for that it is a waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanders View Post
    Thank you very much. I absolutely need my officers!

Curious, will you be doing officers for Vampire Counts? Logically they achieve nothing, but a raised skeleton could represent an officer in its previous life.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=691992589

MitchXIII's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: "Officers of" series - adds officers to units!

IlluminattiRex, thanks for this mod! It is a much needed addition to the game experience. Are you planning on doing a compatibility version to be used in conjuction with the Radious overhaul? I bet you'd make quite a few people happy with it!

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Basically in terms of power Unit Champions should be to Heroes what Heroes are to Lords.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Are you sure is possible to make proper champions? Would be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    For the stat boost, it is something I have considered but I'm not entirely sure how much I would want to bump it up if I were to do so.
    I also want to request that the change not only be cosmetic, but also be reflected in the combat effectiveness of the officer. Maybe give them more HP at least so they dont die as easily as the other units?

Vanders's Avatar Civis

May I make a request? Could you please create an all-in-one version without the necromancer officer for the Vampire Counts? I don't feel like it works too well having one random living person in a unit of zombies, especially as it feels strange with the crumbling mechanic being tied to leaders such as the necromancers.

Citizen

Blog Entries

May I make a request? Could you please create an all-in-one version without the necromancer officer for the Vampire Counts? I don't feel like it works too well having one random living person in a unit of zombies, especially as it feels strange with the crumbling mechanic being tied to leaders such as the necromancers.
    Already removed

And I'll be looking into more powerful officers once I get all the custom variants done.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    Already removed

And I'll be looking into more powerful officers once I get all the custom variants done.
    Oh I didn't realise. Thank you!

Edit: Right, should have checked the changelog like a diligent Human.
    Last edited by Vanders; May 30, 2016 at 07:28 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Oh I didn't realise. Thank you!

Edit: Right, should have checked the changelog like a diligent Human.
    When you had asked, my formatting was much worse so I don't blame you for not seeing it. Wish steam had better formatting options.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi, I would lkke to use this mod and Kam's proper combat mod. I knwo both mods mods lands_unit db table. Are they still compatible ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Does anyone know why when using the radius mod that only the vampire counts do not have their officers?

Ca you do standalone version?Please?

You know on file server so i can download this foking great mod!