Thread: A Question about sound_settings.xml and Symphony

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default A Question about sound_settings.xml and Symphony

It seems symphony, the only tool available to extract the sounds settings, does not work very well with Shogun 2. A ton of sound_banks are unknown, and half the sound_event csv is as-well unknown. Now I could do without some of the sound banks, and some of the sound_events, but the sound settings is very important. This control's a lot of important things. One example would be the battle music, which is played when units come into range of each-other, not if/when they engage. It is fine for vanilla, but if you use mods which increase average range, the battle music only plays if the AI puts one of its units into a death march, but when the AI (sometimes) gets a injection of intelligence, it doesn't play, and your stuck with the deployment music while a entire army gets shot to pieces. It might not sound bad here, but it is very underwhelming in-game.

Basically, is half of Shogun 2's sound things being unknown normal, or is it just me? If it is normal, is there anyway this could be fixed, or is there any chance of symphony being updated to better support Shogun 2's format?

Default Re: A Question about sound_settings.xml and Symphony

I think it's hardcoded.