Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If i had the skills...

Default Re: If i had the skills...

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    I don't how that could be bad! And it is sad to see mods fall off and become stagnate.
    I do like the mod how it is now, but there are some things like bugs that need to be fixed. In my eyes you shouldn't need permission to do that (if you're not altering what the mod is supposed to be).

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

I'd have to agree with you, but without the people here who have the power to change that it simply can't happen.

nvm

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Was too late to see the original post but I've been semi working on mod setup that I'd thought I'd run by.

- there is a single "grand campaign" which deals with the progression from Greek/roman to the introduction of the uruks (or other emergent faction(s)
    - most settlements are "cities"
    - the only castles are preset fortifications (or conversely available to a single race/factions)

- provincial campaigns individually deal with some of the important conflicts in the world
    - several deal with the Greek/roman world at its height (possibly civil wars ect)
    - some have blown up maps to deal with smaller wars/regions/factions
    - in these provincial campaigns there is a time limit (say two hundred turns or - far - less) in order to give the impression of it being military campaigns as opposed to "history". Timescale (turns per year/ aging) would also be drastically increased (I do believe that is possible given year per turn is in the descr_strat and the turns script will be in the same folder)
    - settlements are at preset levels are generally due to timescale will not increase/decrease much.
    - depending on timescale of the provincial campaign the characters will have random/preset traits, making every campaign slightly different.

- building trees
    - farming is made just one of many possible buildings, alongside vineyards, fishing, hunting ect. The income of each being based on resources present within the province.
    - more craftsmen guilds in cities to represent winemakers and carpenters and smiths ect. This "middle-class" craftsmen system will then form part of the government system alongside standard trade guilds.
    - there would also be watchmen and government punishment trees, as well as the standard markets and ports.
    - religion is changed to culture and lots of religious buildings are introduced, with happiness modifiers representing the clash between opposing religions.

- recruitment is dealt through a "simplified and expanded" method of AoR and faction rosters.
    - select faction units (mostly high tier and professionals) are recruited via a barracks, based on settlement culture.
    - elite professionals and unique units are recruited via high tier government buildings
    - AoR (levies and non professional troops) are recruited via a "training fields" building tree. The training field itself only dictates the pool of troops (the max number that can be filled up and the speed at which units are replenished)
    - barracks increase experience of these troops and makes certain high level units available
    - bowyer increase archery skill
    - stables decreases recruitment cost and makes certain high level units available
    - smith increases armour and makes certain heavy units available

- there would be one big reform which represents the "assimilation" of Greek/roman military culture in to the new age factions (or rather the Offbranch from these factions into their equivalent of medieval warfare, perhaps the Romans used lots of cavalry and now we move towards tercio/Macedonian pikemen style mixed arms forces. A RL regression would be pretty cool, especially if the emergent faction were to take a resemblance of the (old) Persian empire)
    - there would be an earlier/later reform(s) based on each faction, which just introduces a few new units and/or buildings (perhaps the formation of a structured religion, or learning the arts of steel plate, or intricate mechanics for fast reloading crossbow men/mounted crossbow men, the ability to mass produce chain mail or accessing the materials for greater shipbuilding ect)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds good, for mini campaigns what do you think their goal should be? To represent a time not shown in the main campaign, or to show a more detailed picture of events that unfold in the grand campaign?

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This sounds good, for mini campaigns what do you think their goal should be? To represent a time not shown in the main campaign, or to show a more detailed picture of events that unfold in the grand campaign?
    Both I'd say. Depending on the world building you'd want to do. Like are we going to have a "Roman" / "Greek" leader who is directly responsible for keeping the former "Empire" alive? And if so there could be two, three or more campaigns centred around his greatest exploits.
    - First could be him taking command of a "lost" war/campaign in a certain province.
    - second his war to usurp/reunite the empire
    - third him in control of the empire

Then there would be other campaigns looking at certain regions which could not be properly represented in the main campaign, say the bloody wars for control over a certain island chain or other landmass. Or indeed to represent regional powers (like the Flemish and Swiss in Medieval Europe) and their wars of independence/subjugation

They would help to tell a story as well as strengthen the world building across the timeline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good, it would probably be easier to keep these small campaigns down to a single continent, or perhaps region on one.

Hey Everybody!!!!

I am so on bored for another revival of this mod, Ive been around since Gundog's "otherwrold" map (thera map) before Thera became its own mod. Loved this mods campaign over any other total war expereience. I cant mod for but I fully support the effort!!!

Loved the Dracule Poland/Russia/slavic hybrid but I would be down for anything similar to Thera. Probbaly spent more hours playing it than any other game in my life.

Awesome, glad to hear you are interested! I've been very busy recently, but I have a break between semesters coming up for the holiday if you all want to actually try things out.

Hello! Does anybody have any map making skills? I'll try to pick it up but it'd be nice to have a starting point!
    Last edited by BarnicleBill1; December 09, 2016 at 11:37 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Shame this never picked up

My desktop died.... :-(

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I wish Thera had one more muslim
    faction who specialized in gunpower and cannons and larger units. Like 250 men 90 horsemen ect an elvish faction and dwarves faction and an Ape faction with much like the newer planet of the apes films

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234