Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EditSF 1.1 / 1.2 and Warhammer

Default Re: EditSF 1.1 / 1.2 and Warhammer

EditSF 1.2.5 is out now. It's a quick attempt to fix opening save files from The Warden & The Paunch. I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks quickly as I was working off of a only 2 sample files and could easily have missed something.

EditSF 1.2.6 is out now. It's a slightly more robust fix for the fix to parsing multiplayer saves in EditSF 1.2.5.

Editsf 1.2.6 Still not available in WH2 version 1.9.2

Could you re-state that? I don't understand what you were trying to say. Were you saying that EditSF isn't working for you still (In which case I would appreciate it if you could either attach the file that doesn't work to a post here or email it to genreless@users.sourceforge.net so I can look at why it won't open) or were you saying you don't know where to find EditSF 1.2.6 (which is available here)?

I have taken a screenshot of the program error and emailed you.

The screenshot told me where the problem was occurring, but without the save file I can't be sure exactly what went wrong. Fortunately, in one of my test files, I found the same kind of error in a similar spot and have fixed that in the new EditSF 1.2.7 release. If the new version of EditSF doesn't fix your problem, please forward your save file to me so I can see what data is failing to parse.

EditSF 1.2.7 is out now. It is a hotfix for two parsing errors found in EditSF 1.2.6.

Is the source code available anywhere so that the community can contribute? I don't see it on sourceforge. Thanks for the amazing work RoninX2807.

Sorry for the late reply, I took a few months off of reading some of my email folders. The EditSF code is currently maintained as part of the packfilemanager project on SourceForge, which I've let lie dormant for the last year while I've been preoccupied with other things. If you're looking for the most current executables, they are located in this folder. If you're looking to contribute to the project, pm me and I can try to help with the onboarding process.

Hi, is there any hope that EDITSF will be updated for TW Warhammer 3?

None of our staff currently have Warhammer 3, so in addition to a lack of manpower (our current programmer is trying to set aside time to work on getting game support back up to speed, but not succeeding often currently) we also don't have files to reference to see what, if anything, has changed in the file format in Warhammer 3. We can try to work on it if someone provided some the data pack file for warhammer 3 and some esf files that we could reference to see what has changed, but in the absence of that kind of reference, there isn't much we can do.

I think I can provide the pack and esf files, how can I send them to you?

I use genreless@users.sourceforge.net as my email for things related to PFM and EditSF. Feel free to attach anything you want me to reference to an email to that address.

OK i'm trying to send you the datapack that contains the DB files, plus some savegames, you should receive a pcloud link to download them

Got them, I'll take a look and see what needs updating so we can parse the new versions.

Great! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

@leomasci I just finished looking through all of the savegames you sent me. It looks like EditSF can parse everything in all of them already. Was there an esf file that you had that EditSF had difficulty parsing for you or did you just assume an update would be necessary for EditSF to parse Warhammer 3's saves? If there isn't a particular problem you've had with Warhammer 3's esf files that you can point me toward, I'm going to go back to working on getting PFM's pack file support back up to speed using the pack file you sent.

@Genreless one thing in particular is missing, the armies size under CAMPAIGN_MODEL node; in WH1 and WH2 there was two INT values set to 20 that controlled the unit limit per army, but in WH3 saves the value isn't there. Looking in some WH3 scripts it seems that the value is not an INT anymore but a FLOAT, and I hoped that EDITSF didn't show it because of the different format...

I can safely say that all of the entries in that node are data types that have been known and understood since before Warhammer 1. I haven't checked recently, but I believe CA moved army size back in Total War Three Kingdoms. If EditSF weren't parsing a node properly we'd either see very garbage entries in that node or more probably the folder wouldn't even open and an error would pop up.

Hi @genreless, thanks beforehand for your work and contribution on EditSF. Since i believe now you have seen the new save file structure for WH3, did you notice that character stat/detail now being separated/moved, from previously all could be find under character_array under faction array, now character detail are under family_tree with id's linking each other. I primarily used it for editing char level or skill points, and now found it a bit tedious.

Do you see any workaround or possibility to update EditSF so that it can easily navigate between character_array to it respective detail on family_tree..?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast