Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

Laetus

Default Re: PFM 4.0 - Warhammer support

I'm having an issue trying to test the mods I make. Not trying to make anything big, just trying to make it so you get a bonus to your public order based on difficulty, but every time I save it and open up the game, go to mod manager, it says it was designed for an older version and may make the game crash. I try to bypass it, however, it does make my game crash
    Anyone have any tips?

If no one else is working on these then. my contribution.
    the schema for battle vortexs

<table table_name='battle_vortexs_tables'
    table_version='11' >
    <field name='change_max_angle' type='int' />
    <field name='contact_effect' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='damage' type='int' />
    <field name='damage_ap' type='int' />
    <field name='duration' type='float' />
    <field name='expansion_speed' type='float' />
    <field name='goal_radius' type='float' />
    <field name='infinite_height' type='boolean' />
    <field name='move_change_freq' type='float' />
    <field name='movement_speed' type='float' />
    <field name='start_radius' type='float' />
    <field name='vortex_key' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='ignition_amount' type='float' />
    <field name='is_magical' type='boolean' />
    <field name='composite_scene' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='detonation_force' type='float' />
    <field name='launch_source' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='delay' type='float' />
    <field name='building_collision' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='launch_vfx' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='unknown20' type='boolean' />
    <field name='unknown21' type='boolean' />
    <field name='unknown22' type='boolean' />
    <field name='unknown23' type='boolean' />
    </table>

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I can't access the table "special_ability_groups_to_unit_junctions_tables" in the data.pack for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonian View Post
    I'm having an issue trying to test the mods I make. Not trying to make anything big, just trying to make it so you get a bonus to your public order based on difficulty, but every time I save it and open up the game, go to mod manager, it says it was designed for an older version and may make the game crash. I try to bypass it, however, it does make my game crash
    Anyone have any tips?
    The "older version" message is meaningless per se, it'll say so for whatever un-uploaded mod or even for an uploaded mod it doesn't mean it will crash.
    As for the actual crash... I have no idea what you did.

Archimonday's Avatar Senator

I too cannot make edits with the PFM. It has something to do with the way in which the pack file is being saved, because, using the same DB tables (literally the same ones extracted and repacked) into a working pack already, the game runs them just fine. However, if you create a pack with PFM, no-matter if you made any changes whatsoever. Crashes the game.

Hi everyone,
    I'm back from my holiday so I can take a look at the issues that ramped up during the last (first) few days.

First of all, I uploaded an updated schema including the changes posted by Cataph, Ahiga, and WakelessREX.
    Thanks to you guys.

On buntaro's report that Windows Defender reports a Trojan, yes it does so for me also.
    I did check the unpacked version against the original one I packed in there, and there is no difference - so no foul play on sourceforge's side (otherwise I'd have moved away from them immediately).
    It is unfortunate that WD reports the file; but testing it individually does not trigger a warning.
    So there's not much I can do right now.
    If you want to be on the safe side, just let WD delete the file; it's not necessary for normal PFM operation.

Some of you may have noticed you can't open ESFs fully with PFM anymore.
    For now, the workaround posted by RoninX2807 should also work with PFM - so for the time being, replace PFM's EsfLibary.dll by the one he posted.
    I'm getting in touch with him to integrate the changes he made.

On PFM-saved packs crashing the game - that's most urgent obviously.
    Haven't checked yet but that's what's next on my list.
    Have you guys seen auboy's post and tried renaming the files you've been editing?
    It really makes sense for the game to not accept duplicate files in multiple packs, and it's possible Warhammer's less lenient than its predecessors.
    If that does turn out to be the reason, I suggest you start using the Postprocess->Rename feature, which is doing pretty much exactly what is required.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    First of all, I uploaded an updated schema including the changes posted by Cataph, Ahiga, and WakelessREX.
    Thanks to you guys.
    FYI, the automatic schema update means that this is causing an error while trying to edit subtables in main_units_table for Attila:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by zombieflanders; May 29, 2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Added picture

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    FYI, the automatic schema update means that this is causing an error while trying to edit subtables in main_units_table for Attila:
    Thank you, must have snuck in an error.
    I uploaded a fixed schema, update again, should work now.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Thank you, must have snuck in an error.
    I uploaded a fixed schema, update again, should work now.
    Can confirm it works, thanks!

Has anyone been able to get the schema for main_units? I have been having allot of trouble with it for a couple of days now.

On PFM-saved packs crashing the game - that's most urgent obviously.
    Haven't checked yet but that's what's next on my list.
    Have you guys seen auboy's post and tried renaming the files you've been editing?
    It really makes sense for the game to not accept duplicate files in multiple packs, and it's possible Warhammer's less lenient than its predecessors.
    If that does turn out to be the reason, I suggest you start using the Postprocess->Rename feature, which is doing pretty much exactly what is required.
    Renaming table names (adding prefix) fixed the issue for me.

Renaming tables (use postprossing feature) fixed game crush issue for me

Default Game pfm option problem.

Hi guys.
    Can Anyone help with my problem?
    my pfm is set on R2TW and I can't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by deve View Post
    Renaming tables (use postprossing feature) fixed game crush issue for me
    Yeah, but some Tables i wanna overwrite, and thats currently not possible...

Also Cai_personalities_groups Tables also crash the Game

If i create mod.pack with the Assembly Kit and open this in the PFM, then the Tables are named "data", not "data__core", like in the PFM.

So it maybe has to do with how the Packs are created/saved and named opening with the PFM?

Quote Originally Posted by minos123 View Post
    If i create mod.pack with the Assembly Kit and open this in the PFM, then the Tables are named "data", not "data__core", like in the PFM.

So it maybe has to do with how the Packs are created/saved and named opening with the PFM?
    That should not be the issue. PFM doesn't name the files, the "data__core" names are just what's in the original data pack. You can rename them freely pretty much.

Short update though:
    I've been trying to track down the cause of the crash, but am failing at a very early stage:
    my problem is that the game doesn't seem to be loading any mod files whatsoever, so of course I can't get it to crash with a faulty pack file.
    That means that I also can't try out what may be the cause of the problem.
    I've reported this as a bug to CA, but I expect them to go after actual game breaking bugs from other people more urgently.

For now, I can only hope for someone who does get the issue manages to find out what might be the cause of it.
    And, if someone had the same issue of mod packs not being loaded and managed to fix it, tell me how to do that.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Can anyone help with the changing the game option in pfm? It's stuck in R2TW and I can't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdull25 View Post
    Can anyone help with the changing the game option in pfm? It's stuck in R2TW and I can't change it.
    What happens when you try?

If the menu item for the game isn't accessible at all (greyed out), you need to edit the gamedirs.txt file in your PFM installation directory and add the install path to the game you're trying to switch to.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

That should not be the issue. PFM doesn't name the files, the "data__core" names are just what's in the original data pack. You can rename them freely pretty much.
    But why are they named different, when created with Assembly Kit and how can i overwrite them, when i cant use data__Core?

And will it be overwritten, if i use "data", like from the Assembly Kit?

I hope you will be able to fix this, or CA fixes that..

So I'm having this issue. I have a mod right, called Warhammer Overhaul Battle/Campaign, it was fairly popular....then one day it suddenly stops working, people are crashing, I'm just looking around and it's crashing for no reason, can't find the issue, I keep clicking update, I look around the tables, all I remember doing was perhaps change the name of one of the files, I got rid of the second underscore cause I didn't like it in one of the files. But anyways, it worked again, then yesterday, I upload a new update to the mod, and it happens again. Now people are crashing once more.

You may think it's my mod but hear this.
    1.My game works with my mod, it doesn't crash.
    2. People who unticked my mod have the game working, people who tick it crash(okay...)

Conclusion as to what is happening=?????
    Last edited by King Brian; May 30, 2016 at 12:56 PM.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian