im using beta schema 98 from 02 march and it reckons this:
    <table table_name='agent_subtypes_tables'
    table_version='13' >
    <field name='key' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='auto_generate' type='boolean' />
    <field name='is_caster' type='boolean' />
    <field name='small_icon' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field fkey='main_units.unit' name='main_unit' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field fkey='audio_vo_actor_groups.name' name='audio_voiceover_actor_group' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='show_in_ui' type='boolean' />
    <field name='unknown7' type='boolean' />
    </table>

the line: <field name='onscreen_name_override' type='optstring_ascii' /> is missing,

Default Re: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned and covered somewhere else, but ive noticed in the agent_actions tables theres another missing field that appears to be critcal in the defining of a new action and thats the "unqiue_id" field. That too is missing from PFM, if we had that would'nt we be able to define new agent actions or to clone the actions of one agent type to another without overwriting the parent agent type?
    For example, having a champion subtype have a custom action cloned from the class digitary and given a unique_id, then applaied througha custom skillset instead of main_all_agent_actions in character skills?

Is it possible to make the changes in assemby kit, then export the table, then import it into PFM and save it in that while retaining the tables changes that PFM can't see?

It seems unknown 11 is the unique ID in agent_actions, sorry =p

Wow! Sweet! Custom agent actions for subtypes...this is going to be fun..

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

So I'm trying to get into modding. I'm currently just playing around wuth PFM, trying to learn the ropes.

On top of the instability issue I am having; I can't open two tables one after the other without the program crashing, same goes for saving (though it seems to fully same the changes to the new .pack file); I can't get the game to actually recognize the changes made in the .pack.

Instead of trying to explain what I do, I decided to just record myself making a quick mod; I hope that somebody might be able to see what I am doing wrong.

(Don't worry about time, I fast forward it; the video is only two minutes long)

It is worth mentioning that since I recorded this video; I have begun putting under scores (_) in the .pack file's name, but so far it hasn't made any difference.

Thx in advance...
    Last edited by Matmannen; March 07, 2017 at 01:47 AM.

Maybe I missed something but I cant mod ATW anymore with PFM XD

Also seems like main_units table for TWW got all derped again with my mods tables being renamed it still crashes.. very curious if others experience this.
    ~My Rome 2 Mods~
    No Moral, Land and Naval
    ---------------------------
    ~My Shogun 2 Mods~
    1 Turn Buildings all campaigns
    ---------------------------
    No unit moral, Land and Naval

Quote Originally Posted by steelblade View Post
    I must be missing something =S
    the line: <field name='onscreen_name_override' type='optstring_ascii' /> is missing,
    The column you're looking for is in the .loc files, in local_en.pack. There are multiple tooltip columns which are shown by dave as belonging to a specific table, but they are exported into a .loc file, not into the db file.

And a little update to the main_units schema. Columns unknown44-47 are an integer, column name is "food_cost". The other new names are includes below.
    Code:
      <table table_name='main_units_tables'
             table_version='33' >
        <field name='additional_building_requirement' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='campaign_cap' type='int' />
        <field fkey='unit_castes_tables.caste' name='caste' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='create_time' type='int' />
        <field name='is_naval' type='boolean' />
        <field fkey='land_units_tables.key' name='land_unit' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='num_men' type='int' />
        <field name='multiplayer_cap' type='int' />
        <field name='multiplayer_cost' type='int' />
        <field fkey='naval_units_tables.key' name='naval_unit' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='num_ships' type='int' />
        <field name='min_men_per_ship' type='int' />
        <field name='max_men_per_ship' type='int' />
        <field name='prestige' type='int' />
        <field name='recruitment_cost' type='int' />
        <field name='recruitment_movie' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='religion_requirement' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='unit' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
        <field name='upkeep_cost' type='int' />
        <field fkey='unit_weights_tables.key' name='weight' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='resource_requirement' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='world_leader_only' type='boolean' />
        <field name='can_trade' type='boolean' />
        <field name='special_edition_mask' type='int' />
        <field name='unique_index' type='int' />
        <field name='unknown25' type='int' />
        <field name='in_encyclopedia' type='boolean' />
        <field name='region_unit_resource_requirement' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='audio_voiceover_culture' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='ui_unit_group_land' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='ui_unit_group_naval' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='tier' type='int' />
        <field name='is_high_threat' type='boolean' />
        <field name='porthole_camera' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='mount' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='use_hitpoints_in_campaign' type='boolean' />
        <field name='unit_scaling' type='boolean' />
        <field name='prthole_composite_scene' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='melee_cp' type='float' />
        <field name='missile_cp' type='float' />
        <field name='can_siege' type='boolean' />
        <field name='audio_voiceover_culture_override' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='restrict_xp_gain_in_campaign' type='boolean' />
        <field name='audio_voiceover_actor_group' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='unknown44' type='boolean' />
        <field name='unknown45' type='boolean' />
        <field name='unknown46' type='boolean' />
        <field name='unknown47' type='boolean' />
        <field name='has_spoken_vo' type='boolean' />
        <field name='is_monstrous' type='boolean' />
      </table>

Hello everyone.

I am trying to make some minor adjustements to someone else's mod. Everytime I make the modifications, save and try to start the game, it crashes everytime at the main loading screen. "Total war warhammer does not respond blablabla". PFM is up to date, atleast according the site I downloaded the PFM it was uploaded there 5 days ago. All I am trying to do is to increase number of available skill points per level.

Might as well upload steelblade's and Larynja's updates, it's available as schema_99.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    This is the Pack File Manager with Warhammer supported starting from version 4.0.

Download Current Version 4.1.2

There is an autoupdate under the Help menu; if it doesn't work for some reason,
    - all software releases always available here.
    - newest (and older) DB schemas here.

Changelist:
    - Fixed the data import from DBE ignoring "Yes" in the "Replace Data" prompt.

Previous Versions:
    Version 4.1.1
    - Fixed resolving of DB field references across several files
    - Fixed incorrect string handling for old (Empire TW, ABCE) ESF files

Version 4.1

- Added EsfLibrary with new ESF type (provided by RoninX2807)
    - Fixed MyMod install path for Warhammer

Version 4.0

- The major version increase is really not justified, there's no software improvement from 3.5.2; the only thing added is the TWH Game menu entry.
    Really struggling to get even this installed and working. It would be helpful if you posted a brief instruction. Thanks!

Can you please fix ministerial_positions_culture_details when you get around to it?

Whenever a subculture is present in it when exporting from the Assembly Kit, PFM can't read it anymore as that column isn't present in its schema.

Quote Originally Posted by Thucydides73 View Post
    Really struggling to get even this installed and working. It would be helpful if you posted a brief instruction. Thanks!
    Don't you just have to download it, unpack it, and start the packfilemanager.exe? What kind of problem are you running into?

Quote Originally Posted by Crynsos View Post
    Can you please fix ministerial_positions_culture_details when you get around to it?

Whenever a subculture is present in it when exporting from the Assembly Kit, PFM can't read it anymore as that column isn't present in its schema.
    Could you post a file you exported like this and which can't be opened?
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Gengi87's Avatar Libertus

Hello guys, how are you about modding? I've released bretonnia regional recruitment units for my mod (see LORE FRIENDLY REGIONAL RECRUITMENT MOD on steam workshop).
    Anyway the big obstacle that I have (and ALL modders have I think) is the wsmodel texture glithcing . Is there some news ? some fix?
    thank you! and good work to all

Hi, first of all I'd like to thank you for this awesome tool. Great work ! Now I do however want to report a problem with pfm. It seems like pfm is somehow corrupting wsmodels in some way. This happened after the wood elves dlc for TW Warhammer. Now the thing is I'm not sure if it's pfm ,but it's seems to be the only constant in a sea of variables. Wsmodels that worked perfectly fine before now have weird textures etc. The problem occured after opening the mod in pfm. Not sure if there are more mentions of this, but it is a pretty big problem. Thanks in advance.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

PFM works fine for me but people keep on asking me the same question over and over.
    What do you do if PFM only acknowledges Total War Attila or some other game, and NOT the game you actually want to edit, eg Total War Warhammer?

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by HaradxRim View Post
    Hi, first of all I'd like to thank you for this awesome tool. Great work ! Now I do however want to report a problem with pfm. It seems like pfm is somehow corrupting wsmodels in some way. This happened after the wood elves dlc for TW Warhammer. Now the thing is I'm not sure if it's pfm ,but it's seems to be the only constant in a sea of variables. Wsmodels that worked perfectly fine before now have weird textures etc. The problem occured after opening the mod in pfm. Not sure if there are more mentions of this, but it is a pretty big problem. Thanks in advance.
    I doubt PFM is corrupting file content when saving, and certainly not when reading. You could confirm this by running a hash check on the original file and comparing to a copy that's been packed and extracted with PFM.

If you could be more specific with your problem, upload files etc, I'd be happy to try to reproduce. Sometimes things change code side, and certain files don't work properly at the mod level.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    PFM works fine for me but people keep on asking me the same question over and over.
    What do you do if PFM only acknowledges Total War Attila or some other game, and NOT the game you actually want to edit, eg Total War Warhammer?

Firstly, make sure that gamedirs.txt (in the PFM directory) has the correct path. When installing a new game with a preexisting copy of PFM, you need to do this manually.

edit: Also, when switching between different TW games, select the appropriate entry in the 'game' menu, then shut down and restart PFM. Otherwise, you'll likely see a lot of tables flagged as out of date (yellow highlight).
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; April 06, 2017 at 03:31 PM.

In the db table "building_units_allowed" the column for the faction is missing.
    When I edit it in the assembly kit, export it and later try to open it with the pfm I only get an error message.

I did add the table in question before and after I made the edit to one line in the attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Feuer View Post
    In the db table "building_units_allowed" the column for the faction is missing.
    When I edit it in the assembly kit, export it and later try to open it with the pfm I only get an error message.

I did add the table in question before and after I made the edit to one line in the attachment.
    Thank you, that is the perfect way for me to see what's wrong.

I uploaded a schema update fixing this.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum