Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

Default Re: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support

thanks, will check once at home later today (still in office)

More column names
    Code:
      <table table_name='projectile_penetration_junctions_tables'
             table_version='0' >
        <field name='description' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='entity_size_cap' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='key' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='max_penetration' type='int' />
      </table>
    Code:
      <table table_name='slot_types_tables'
             table_version='0' >
        <field name='can_convert' type='boolean' />
        <field name='can_destroy' type='boolean' />
        <field name='key' type='string_ascii' />
      </table>
    Last edited by Larynja; July 12, 2016 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Oh, okay, that's subtle... it is added to the end of the file, but only after selecting it again.
    That was a bug. Fixed and uploaded, please update and check if it works for you.

hmm, tried it just a second ago, at first, it looks ok, values get replaced, but when i save the change, values are still duplicated (i mean, added to the bottom of that table)
    Last edited by JaM; July 12, 2016 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    hmm, tried it just a second ago, at first, it looks ok, values get replaced, but when i save the change, values are still duplicated (i mean, added to the bottom of that table)
    My bad.
    I re-uploaded 4.1.2; you'll need to download it manually (not autoupdate).
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

great! thanks! it works now fine!

Table special_ability_phases: Column unknown18 is apparently a duplicate of hp_change_frequency (only 1 column exists in Tweak with those values). Those 4 unknown booleans should be inspiration_aura_change_mod (atm all values are 0).

Edit:
    I've got a question. Why exaclty is it, that the pfm creates all those data__core, data__ch etc. files seperatly, even though it is just one file in Tweak? Would be so much easier to edit them in just one file.

Another edit: Concerning the missing combo boxes topic. I was editing character_skill_level_to_effect_junctions when the pfm crashed. After I restarted it, the combo boxes from the effect_key column are not working anymore. Schema is as it is supposed to be. That problem already happend multiple times when I was modding RomeII over the last few years. At some point it was just working again. Restarting the pfm or replacing the schema don't work.
    Last edited by Larynja; July 13, 2016 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynja View Post
    Table special_ability_phases: Column unknown18 is apparently a duplicate of hp_change_frequency (only 1 column exists in Tweak with those values). Those 4 unknown booleans should be inspiration_aura_change_mod (atm all values are 0).
    Okay I'll change that to inspiration_auro_change.
    The duplicate thing is weird (it seems to be heal_amount to me though, but that is after the change). I'll leave the name "unknown18".

I've got a question. Why exaclty is it, that the pfm creates all those data__core, data__ch etc. files seperatly, even though it is just one file in Tweak? Would be so much easier to edit them in just one file.
    It's not PFM that "creates" those files, they are in the pack file - PFM only shows them.
    They are created by CA, and represent the DLCs: core is the vanilla game, __ch is the chaos warriors DLC, and __bl is the Blood DLC.
    I'm not sure if you'd even have those if you didn't own the DLCs; I think only parts of this.
    It's a way of CA managing their asset production.
    I'm not entirely sure why the data.pack even contains some __ch and __bl files (I'd expect them in data_ch.pack and data_bl.pack).

There are several ways to handle this; you'll need to figure out what's best for yourself.
    You can create a single mod pack that contains them all, but separate. This is what you're doing now. The advantage is that it best represents the data.pack structure.

Alternatively, you can merge all of those files into one for your mod; for example by exporting two of them to TSV, then import them into the third (this may not always work, depending on whether they are the same db version).
    The advantage is that it'll be easier to edit as you say.
    This way, it will be hard to tell for you where the edited data came from - depending on if this is relevant to you.

Be aware that both approaches will only work for people with both DLCs though.
    To prevent that, you'd need to create a separate pack for each DLC.
    That is obviously the most time-consuming way, but most flexible.

Concerning the missing combo boxes topic. I was editing character_skill_level_to_effect_junctions when the pfm crashed. After I restarted it, the combo boxes from the effect_key column are not working anymore. Schema is as it is supposed to be. That problem already happend multiple times when I was modding RomeII over the last few years. At some point it was just working again. Restarting the pfm or replacing the schema don't work.
    Hmmm pretty impossible to tell what might cause this. Did this happen after the 4.1.1 fix too?
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Don't know if this helps
    in unit_variants_tables unkown4 refers to which unitcard icon to use took awhile to work that out

Thank you daniu for your detailed answer.
    If I were to put all entries in one table and would delete one of those rows afterwards, it would still "be there" in the game, would't it? Because my mod won't overwrite the table labled _ch for example.
    That was definitly easier and less time consuming in RomeII, it was all in one file then. I never gave the DLC compatibility a thought before.

Okay I'll change that to inspiration_auro_change.
    The duplicate thing is weird (it seems to be heal_amount to me though, but that is after the change). I'll leave the name "unknown18".
    Oh yes, it is indeed heal_amount. Confused those names, sorry.

Hmmm pretty impossible to tell what might cause this. Did this happen after the 4.1.1 fix too?
    Yes, it happend yesterday with the latest version 4.1.2. The drop down worked again after I started and quit TWW once.

Is there a way to open the animpack file?

And more column names:
    Code:
      <table table_name='effects_tables'
             table_version='3' >
        <field name='effect' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
        <field name='icon' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='priority' type='int' />
        <field name='icon_negative' type='optstring_ascii' />
        <field name='category' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='is_positive_value_good' type='boolean' />
      </table>
    Last edited by Larynja; July 14, 2016 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynja View Post
    If I were to put all entries in one table and would delete one of those rows afterwards, it would still "be there" in the game, would't it? Because my mod won't overwrite the table labled _ch for example.
    That was definitly easier and less time consuming in RomeII, it was all in one file then. I never gave the DLC compatibility a thought before.
    Yes, it should still be there.
    In fact, you should probably only retain those rows in the pack for which you didn't change values from the original; it makes it easier for you because there is less data to push around, and it's more probable to be compatible with other mods (which changed values in different rows). Also, it's less prone to break an update, because if you leave rows unchanged and they get updated, you'll still with the old values from your mod pack.
    It's what the "minimize db files" feature in PFM's "Postprocess" menu is for; it should remove all rows with unchanged values. No guarantees though (use at your own risk and best keep a backup in case something goes wrong).

Is there a way to open the animpack file?
    What's an animpack? You mean the .anim files?
    Last edited by daniu; July 16, 2016 at 06:35 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

What's an animpack? You mean the .anim files?
    I mean the animations_table.animpack. PFM is able to read the RomeII version of it (well, there were in txt format), but I need it to make new Animations for Warhammer too.
    Last edited by Larynja; July 16, 2016 at 01:07 PM.

Hello there, I've a question regarding the animations too:
    I'd like to change the animation played by units, units with same skeleton, not giving goblins orc animations and such. (ex: while goblins units are idle they play attack animation, instead of idle ones)
    Now in RTWII i would simply made a mod with the .txt file extracted in "animation_fragments" folder by changing the "filename" reference:
    STAND filename = "animations/rome2/human/battle/sword_and_shield/stand/sws_stand.anim" metadata = "" weapon_bone_2 = on,
    in
    STAND filename = "animations/rome2/human/battle/axe/sync_attacks/axe_sync_atk_001.anim" metadata = "" weapon_bone_2 = on,
    save/install it and everything worked correctly.
    Unfortunately this's not working on Warhammer and i can't understand why. The same .txt referencing to units animation is in data.pack -> animations -> animations fragments, i took an unit with a suposedly easy name to find which is chaos spawn (
    Edit the relative stand animations, save/install, load it as mod but nothing change in game, i also tried with various solution ppl gave in here, like, not using space but "_" for mod name, renaming with postprocess, or using another working mod from the workshop or even changing the .txt inside data.pack but no luck yet. At this point i'm wondering if the game is using a different way to call animations in game... any hint? Maybe, as Larynja said, the real references are into the animpack files? I didn't find this file extension into RTWII folder.

I've looked at the animpack file over the weekend, and it does seem to have pretty much the same data as in Rome II, but in binary format rather than the text files there used to be.
    That means there's no easy way for me to provide a way to edit them - either I write a text<->binary import/export, or a visual editor to edit them in place.
    Both ways require a bit more time than I have right now, so even if I get around to starting something, it will be a while before I can make it available.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by Amagakuro View Post
    Hello there, I've a question regarding the animations too
    I also assumed that the animations could be edited in the same way as in RomeII. But as you figured out yourself, for whatever reason, it doesn't work. No change to the animation fragments seems to appear in the game. That's one of the reasons I wanted to look into the .animpack I mentioned. That's the table where the animations linked to a unit in land_units get their animation_fragments assigned. Thought I might be able to figure something out from it.
    Another weird matter is the splash damage. PrometheusTWC started a thread about it here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-splash-damage.
    I was convinced that splash damage should not be linked to the animation, but after various testing it is indeed not possible to give a weapon splash damage if it initially does not have it. Tested it in multiple variations with Manfred, changed the variant, melee weapon and animation, gave the weapon splash damage in the melee_weapons table. Everything was working ingame except the splash damage. I looked through the animation_fragments but I couldn't find a difference between those with and without splash damage.

I've looked at the animpack file over the weekend, and it does seem to have pretty much the same data as in Rome II, but in binary format rather than the text files there used to be.
    That means there's no easy way for me to provide a way to edit them - either I write a text<->binary import/export, or a visual editor to edit them in place.
    Both ways require a bit more time than I have right now, so even if I get around to starting something, it will be a while before I can make it available.
    Thank you daniu for looking into it.
    Without the .animpack table I can't try to add new animations to the game, so I don't know if it would work at all. I am not sure which part we are missing here. Maybe it's not related to the .animpack files. Either way we should be able to modify animations, shouldn't we?

Thanks for both your answers, and i see, i'll patiancely wait then, considering that what i wanted to do was for fun purpose and also easier than create/add new animations.
    I also tried to change the animation themselves in "battle" folder, but nothing either, my only doubt now... "what's the point" of those folder then? I'm starting to think that the game would start even without them in the actual data pack.
    Oh well, thank you for your time, i'll keep checking~

Civis

Hey Daniu, I don't suppose you could perhaps make a video or tutorial showing how to use the debugger tool and edit schema files?

For example, the unit_abilities table has clearly changed, with a single new boolean type column added. I feel like this should be an easy fix in the schema file, by adding a new entry of type boolean and named "is_unit_upgrade".

But this still crashes for me. I feel like I'm just a potato and missing some core concept or something.

Any tips? I feel like I should be able to figure this out @.@
    That's Numberwang!

Civis

Ah, nevermind. I fixed the schema.

I would still love to learn how to use the debug tool though! I can't understand it at the moment T_T
    That's Numberwang!

So far I can't access culture_settlement_occupation_options and building_chains in PFM so they need new schema after the patch.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Unit_abilities too is not accessible.

Civis

Until Dainu gets to updating it, here's my temporary schema:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c2qyh50wh...NgtXpjYha?dl=0

I've fixed unit_abilities and the new character_skill_node_locks table.
    That's Numberwang!