Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

Default PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

This is the Pack File Manager with Warhammer supported starting from version 4.0.

Note: I just released version 5.0 supporting WH2, so the beta 5.0 download that was here before got removed.

Download Current Version 4.1.2

There is an autoupdate under the Help menu; if it doesn't work for some reason,
    - all software releases always available here.
    - newest (and older) DB schemas here.

Changelist:
    - Fixed the data import from DBE ignoring "Yes" in the "Replace Data" prompt.

Previous Versions:
    Version 4.1.1
    - Fixed resolving of DB field references across several files
    - Fixed incorrect string handling for old (Empire TW, ABCE) ESF files

Version 4.1

- Added EsfLibrary with new ESF type (provided by RoninX2807)
    - Fixed MyMod install path for Warhammer

Version 4.0

- The major version increase is really not justified, there's no software improvement from 3.5.2; the only thing added is the TWH Game menu entry.
    Last edited by daniu; October 08, 2017 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Uploaded 4.1.2
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: PFM 4.0 - Warhammer support

/)

nice mate looking forward to try it out.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Several reported issues:

- These 5 tables always crashing when included in the pack via pfm - effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables, factions_tables, building_chain_availability_sets_tables, building_chains_tables and character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions_tables (doesnt matter what change is done or none at all). All tables are very important for modding and should be usable in PFM. hey work in AK but thats not very practical. PFM can read and edit those fine, but moment they are operated and incldued in mod.pack via pfm in any way - game wont start, even if you just extract vanilla table from data.pack and place it in yours own pack without single change.
    - main_units_tables have issue with unique_index numbers - whatever is placed there by pfm game ignores = we cant create single new unit cause it always needs unique index number. Can be similiar for other tables with unique index numbers, original ones are displayed very weirdly - super huge numbers, sometimes even negative.
    Last edited by Radious; May 29, 2016 at 03:16 AM.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

So I download PFM, extract it to a folder on my desktop and click on PFM and an error popup shows up. Can anyone help me?

Dear Daniu,

Awesome !! You're always the man !!

Sorry to bother you..
    Could you please take look of this issue.

when I load local_xx.pack , and do Files > Extract > Extract ALL as TSV
    every TSV file always lack some data at tail of the file, for example :

(abilities__core.tsv)
    "abilities_on_screen_description_hinder_agent" "Your hero will convert the opposing hero to join your cause." "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_description_command_force" "a" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_description_assist_army" "Your hero will join the army in battle and enhance the force on the campaign map." "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_description_hinder_army" "Your hero will cause damage to the opposing army or hinder their effectiveness on the campaign map." "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_name_hinder_agent" "Manipulate Hero" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_name_hinder_army" "Target Army" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_name_hinder_settlement" "Target Settlement" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_name_assist_army" "Embed Hero" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_description_hinder_settlement" "Your hero will impede the opposing settlement's effectiveness." "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_name_hinder_province" "Deploy Hero" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_name_assist_province" "Deploy Hero" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_name_hinder_char ........(data lost... so sad ....)

It could extract correctly when I Export TSV every file one by one,
    but it take so much time and a little inconvenience.

.... (can get entire data correctly at using `Export TSV` function)
    "abilities_on_screen_name_hinder_character" "Assassinate" "True""abilities_on_screen_name_passive_ability" "" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_description_assist_province" "Your hero will use their skills to assist the workings of the local province." "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_description_passive_ability" "" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_name_command_force" "" "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_description_hinder_character" "Your hero will assassinate the opposing character." "True"
    "abilities_on_screen_description_hinder_province" "Your hero will use their skills to diminish the workings of the opposing province." "True"

Therefore, if possible, could you please solve this issue in the next PFM release version ?
    many thanks.

Honga

Where do I edit technology times & growth levels?

Miles

I have to ask, will you be doing a EditSF version for this new game? I cannot express in words how much i love using that program for every Total war game.

With this PFM version i do have a few errors like the other users, however i am able to continue each time and save my changes. Main_unit_tables, all the sub tables have error messages when first opening, but otherwise they work ok.

Miles

A further note, if you increase the unit sizes it will stop the battles from loading correctly as they have limited the number of models allowed (i love big battles). 300 units to a squad will fail, but 200 for infantry seems to work ok.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Damn, I wanted to have larger squads :/ Hopefully it will work one day, but for now I doubt it. There it goes entire epicness...
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Doc Riedenschneider's Avatar Libertus

It is a shame. Regardless of how the tabletop worked; 10000 men battles would have been a treat in Warhammer

Foederatus

Thank you.

Senator

That is great. And so fast. Thank you very much.

THANGDACLAC's Avatar Civis

daniu! ​Thank so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerman View Post
    Where do I edit technology times & growth levels?
    It is quit easy for the Growth level . Open PFM, open data.pack, go to DB, search "building_effects_junction_tables". Then go to the building you want to up (farm or whatever) you need to modify the building himself to change the growth, look for the "wh_main_effect_province_growth_building effect" and change the value as you wish.

Still looking for the tech time. Hope i did help you.

Sorry for my english, i'm a little frenchie.

Does anyone know how to find out which columns do what in land_units table?

For me they are all "unknownX" where x is from 1 to about 40+ i think.
    Last edited by Tarsus999; May 25, 2016 at 09:15 AM.

yeah, have the same problem.

When I make my own mods with the PFM, the effects never how up in the game. What's going on? I never had this problem with Attila.

I edited a bunch of values just to test, and saved them as separate packs, and nothing happens. But if I edit the data.pack directly and save it, it works fine, so what the heck?

Miles

I've found if you have another none official packs it stops them from working, you have to replace the original or edit it. I even tried it with a copied version of the Data.pack (named as data - copy.pack) and it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilisticClown View Post
    When I make my own mods with the PFM, the effects never how up in the game. What's going on? I never had this problem with Attila.

I edited a bunch of values just to test, and saved them as separate packs, and nothing happens. But if I edit the data.pack directly and save it, it works fine, so what the heck?
    I found out that the file doesn't like spaces.

I got it working by replacing all the spaces in the mod name with underscores. So instead of 'My Mod.pack' it became 'My_Mod.pack', and it finally worked

Thank you for the PFM! how exactly do I go about getting the registers to show up for things like the Land_Units file. right now im just cross checking with the DAVE tool to figure it out but its fairly annoying that way, are you going to release an update? or is there some way for me to fix this now?

Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast