Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

Default Re: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support

So, I am using PFM 4.1.2.

This may or may not belong here, but figured I would post it here, let me know if I am in error.

The only issue I have encountered has been with the Grim and the Grave DLC. I have no idea what's causing it, but if I add even just "main_units/data_lu" (which is the data db's associated with this DLC with the suffix "lu") it crashes the game. I have got just about everything else to work except this certain pack. I have been able to mod all the DLC (except the Grim and the Grave) through the db tables and the variantmeshes. Anyone else have issues with this, or am I doing something wrong?

Any help on this would be appreciate, ... as always!!

hey just posting to report a most interesting error, I was importing several files at once from the variants pack into my own modification when I came across : System Argument exception: illegal characters in path. so I tried hitting continue and deleting all the files I'd just imported but no luck. error persisted.
    Rebooted and it seems my packfile is now unopenable. Any help would be appreciated thanks so much.

weird part is I've imported hundreds of stuff from variants files into my own packs with no errors before now.

ANyway here is the file, easy enough to get the error, just try to open it.
    http://www.filedropper.com/acorruptvampires

hello everyone!!
    i have one problem and i need the help of the community.
    when i edit the data.pack for warhammer and after i run the game they crash in loading screen.
    any help?
    im sure im not doing nothing wrong because i have doing the same for rome 2 and attila.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerPower View Post
    hello everyone!!
    i have one problem and i need the help of the community.
    when i edit the data.pack for warhammer and after i run the game they crash in loading screen.
    any help?
    im sure im not doing nothing wrong because i have doing the same for rome 2 and attila.
    you need to post more details man, some simple thigns could be the fact that the data.tables and your own mod have conflicting table names.

EDIT: what are you trying to do?
    Last edited by a_wizard; June 21, 2017 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a_wizard View Post
    you need to post more details man, some simple thigns could be the fact that the data.tables and your own mod have conflicting table names.
    -effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables ->i change value
    -main_units_tables ->i change the create time,num.men
    -land_units_tables ->i change the num.mounts
    i have try to edit only one per time to see if something dont work.but its the same.after many test i have understand if i change something from data the game crash.dont have matter what.

hello everyone again.
    i find something more to share maybe help us to find one solution.when i edit something The title of the category become red.
    so i test to save the change and open again the data.pack to see if the title still red.and ye still red.
    so if someone have solution about that problem please share it

If I'm reading this correctly, you're editing one of the packs that CA made for the game, which is a big no-no precisely because of the problems you're running into. Create your own pack file and import the tables using the Add->From pack... function. In the meantime, you''ll probably have to verify the integrity of your game from within Steam. That may involve re-downloading a 3.7Gb file, or if you're really unlucky, un-installing and re-installing the entire game. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, because I don't know how you managed to do this in two prior games without messing them up in similar ways.

I want to open PFM but a message appears saying:
    "Currently edited game is ATW, but it does not seem to be installed. Make sure to select the proper game in the Game menu"

I do not even own ATW, why is this happening? I can not even open the PFM because of the message.

Don't know if its a PMF bug or something else, but whenever I try to mod the "data_lu" in the land_units_table, the game crashes. I don't even have to change anything in the data_lu, just import it and it crashes the game at the splash screen.

Got an interesting bug using 4.1.2.
    Used to edit .packs just fine, but just now decided to change data\campaigns\main_warhammer\missions.txt, Extracted that file, edited, Deleted existing file, Add\File the new one, but now when I start a campaign there are no chapter objectives any more.
    Nothing shows up on modified.log either so I'm not sure what's wrong. The modified missions.txt could be viewed in the pack manager just fine, so I'm wondering if Extract added any formatting artifacts that prevents proper loading by the game after modified file (just changing numbers) is added back in?

The "tooltip_text" and "onscreen_name" columns are missing from the unit_abilities tables. Using 4.1.2 with schema 100.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Ok, I have a newb question. Is it ok to have multiple sub-directories to separate sections of code?

for example:
    the campaign_variables,
    can I have subfolders for different functions, named differently?

as long as there are no duplicate entries?
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Laetus

campaign_group_unique_agents_tables

I can't seem to be able to open this with the PFM 4.1.2
    Does anyone know how I can get my hands into these?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Frunk; July 25, 2017 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Hard-to-read font colour changed.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

technology_unit_upgrades_tables

Do this table maybe finally works? It's still blue, but maybe because it is not activated by PFM editor?

Thanks in advance.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

So I when playing a mod for a different CA game, I discovered that a modder had managed to pair musket sound effects to bows. No biggy I thought, I'll just open the mod in PFM and change it since I know the exact tables I would use for this in TWW. Problem is, in the tab "game" I only have Warhammer Total War and Rome II selectable while Shogun 2 is installed. How do I make shogun 2 selectable in PFM? I hav been searching for tutorials or even the smallest of mentions but no luck...

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

new schemas

<table table_name='mercenary_unit_groups_tables'
    table_version='1' >
    <field name='chance_to_replenish' type='float' />
    <field name='key' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
    <field name='unknown2' type='int' />
    <field name='unknown3' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='unknown4' type='boolean' />
    <field name='unknown5' type='float' />
    </table>

<table table_name='agent_subtype_subculture_overrides_tables'
    table_version='2' >
    <field name='unknown0' type='boolean' />
    <field name='unknown1' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='unknown2' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='unknown3' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='unknown4' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='unknown5' type='boolean' />
    <field name='unknown6' type='string_ascii' />
    </table>

Hello, I've been a long user of the PFM for 5 years - I am changing Laptop and want to install PFM into the new laptop, however it reports these errors when I did it:

What could be the issue?
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; August 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

Hi, I wanted to try out modding Warhammer. When I save my mod in the Pack File Manager 4.1.2 and copy the file to the data directory, the mod shows up in the launcher but it is flagged as being for an older version of the game. Why is this? The only thing I changed was the upkeep cost for Orc Boyz under db/main_units_tables if it makes any difference.

Anyone else having trouble with the main_units_tables directory? I have edited this befor many times and it seems to want to just crash/freeze on startup now with the new norsca dlc. Not sure what the issue could be.
    ~My Rome 2 Mods~
    No Moral, Land and Naval
    ---------------------------
    ~My Shogun 2 Mods~
    1 Turn Buildings all campaigns
    ---------------------------
    No unit moral, Land and Naval

Since Norsca DLC having a bit of an issue with some of the mercenary tables... not sure if they added a column or what the problem is, see attached image for error message.

I was able to edit these tables previously.

Thanks,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PFM412Error.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	347936

CORRECTION... it is ONLY the mercenary_unit_groups_tables.

I really wish I knew how to fix this stuff... make it easier on daniu...
    Last edited by Andromachos; August 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM.