Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here has NEVER cheated?

Default Who here has NEVER cheated?

I for one am glad to say I've never done so and never will!! I find cheating to be lame unless you're doing it in multiplayer without your friend knowing about it!! >=)

Default Re: Who here has NEVER cheated?

I have either to fix bugs or just to test things. I use it for modding purposes. One time a general got caught in the sea and I cheated to move him to land. Or to keep some factions in the game
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

I, personally, have never cheated. I'm usually too immersed to think about it, to tell you the truth.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Only the toggle_fow, if I'm bored and want to see whats going on in the rest of the world. (In RTW and otherwise)

Primicerius

I've never actually cheated, but I have tried after I learned that there were cheats. I wanted to try them out but whenever I typed them in, it said "errorr_help=?" or somethin along those lines. Ever since I've never tried again. It just takes the fun away from any game.

I cheat for money when the game starts getting frustrating and not fun. There is no moral dilema in it for me. :laughing:

Using the consol cheats is vital tool when testing modifications. But when im actually gaming no cheats are used except for the occasional fow, move, and money cheats (when I want to help the ai out)

In M2TW the first thing I did was use basically all the cheats to unlock things and have a quick play around but I quit that game and started fresh.

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Never cheated in any Total War game, don't plan on it.... course, I don't even own MTW2 either

I have done it once, and the next turn i was going to lose(because the enemy in VERY distant lands were about to claim victory)...and i spent about 5 weeks on that campaign

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I use cheats for the most minor things, never big cheats.

If I'm trying to build that armoury and have 9557 out of 9600 florins, I will open up the console and put in add_money 50

Or if I want to upgrade Acre to a citadel and it has 8875 people, and there isn't anything left that I want to build that will take under 2 turns, I will put in add_population Acre 200.

And sometimes I will give my priests some extra piety if they are having trouble with heretics.

EDIT: oh crap, I just now saw that this was talking about RTW

I just saw it on the front page and assumed it was talking about M2.

No I never cheated in Rome as far as I know.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well, I have cheated before, hard to resist when there is the oliphaunt cheat
    But there are certain campaign games that I vow to not cheat at all for any reason, but others i cheat for stupid fun. I also had to cheat when Beta testing TE 4 and 5.

Metellus's Avatar Civitate

No cheating for me. In the land of the blind AIs, the one eyed human is already king.

Under proud patronage of halie satanus and House of Wilpuri
    Perge cornu canere - sclopetum repleo!
    Trans: Keep honking - I'm reloading!

Idwayreth's Avatar Centenarius

I cheat alot, but not with TW games cause there's absolutely no point in doing it with this series. But other games i do so regularly.
    If God were a man he'd be me.

At first i simply observed. But i found that without investment in others, life serves no purpose.

With all the complaining about the lack of challenge in the recent TW games going on I'd be amazed if a lot of people cheated. I don't, and never will. If I ever will need to cheat, then I'll be happy for the fight and try to play it well and get out of it some other way.

Steistas's Avatar Tiro

I have tried some cheats, just to see how they work, like with the elephants and similar, but when i am playing proper campaign, then no cheats, just because it doesn't feel right and if you cheating, the game stops being interesting.
    Member of B.A.L.T.S.

Don't overthink...

Can you cheat in multiplayer how do you do that...online?

xhaxhi Skenderbeu

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Ive cheated because its fun sometimes...yutseb elephants 20000 feet tall crushing everything around them lol
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Only used the no fog of war while im testing Hegs campaign so i can see how the AI factions are behaving, playing for enjoyment i never cheat
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

There is no point in cheating in such a game.
    From my point of view i would make a fool out of myself when doing it
    You ask for steak, I bring you fish. You say that you think steak is better than fish. I say that fish is much more popular than steak so obviously it's better. You say that no matter how good the fish is it can't be better at being steak than the actual steak we used to serve. I say that's just your perception and you're entitled to it but you should accept that fish is the future and that's good. You begin to say something but I stab you in the eye with a fork and run into the kitchen.

Civitate

I have never cheated when doing a serious campaign, I have used toggle_fow to test stuff, thats it.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast