Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: spart_commander's RTW Multiplayer Battle Videos

Default Re: A LOOK AT A "VINTAGE" CLASSIC RTW MULTIPLAYER BATTLE FROM ABOUT EIGHT YEARS AGO.

HI ALL
    Here is a short bank holiday 2v2 bonus battle ,its Brotherhood battle 258 ,as you might know i rarely put 2v2 battles on our Utube channel ,but i thought as this is a bonus battle, a 2v2 would be something different ,its only a short battle ,but as always your thoughts and analysis of the battle very welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS..

TACTICAL AND STRATEGIC
    Is there anything you would have done differently tactically and strategically in this battle ?.

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BATTLE
    Are there any questions or anything your curios about in this battle ?

Default Re: A LOOK AT A "VINTAGE" CLASSIC RTW MULTIPLAYER BATTLE FROM ABOUT EIGHT YEARS AGO.

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood battle 259 ,its a different type of battle fought under the Greek Brotherhood (GBH) rules set ,several years ago the Greek and Brotherhood clan bought in some new additional rules to the 31k game to try and encourage different factions onto the 31k battlefield , (normal 31k rules...No artillery or Elephants ,3 berserkers max, 2 Horse Archers max, 6 cavalry max) ,these new rules included ..... 2 Elephant max for Numidia ,10 cavalry max for Parthia, Scythia and Armenia , and 8 cavalry/chariots max for Seleucid ,Egypt ,Britannia and Pontus , a lot of 31k players embraced these new addition rules and welcomed the new factions they bought ,...BUT some 31k players did not like the new rules and refused to play them ,and indeed even left games rather than play them ,so i guess thats why the GBH rules were slowly abandoned ,this is an intense and interesting long 4v4 large battle using the GBH rules ,i hope you enjoy the battle ,and your thoughts on the GBH rules and the battles VERY welcome.
    And i hope you enjoy the battle.

DISCUSSION POINTS...

STRATEGY AND TACTICS.
    As your view this battle is there anything you would have done differently ,regarding strategy or tactics?.

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BATTLE ?.
    Is there anything curious or something your not sure about regarding the GBH rules or the battle ,please ask if there is.

HI ALL
    Here is BH Utube battle 260 ,supplied by Brotherhood member Uther ,this battle was fought between 5 and six years ago ,and has some great tactical moves in it ,sadly my computer over heated three times during the upload of this battle ,and unfortunately towards the end of the battle some of the commentary does not line up with the filming ,i hope this does not spoil the battle to much for you ,i have since taken the side of the computer off and cleaned both fans that had fluff and dust on them ,and the computer seems fine now , i know a lot of you like to see RTW from some years ago ,i hope you find this one interesting and exciting to ,your thoughts and analysis of the battle very welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS

TACTICS AND STRATEGY..
    During the course of the battle is there anything you would have done differently tactics and strategy wise ,if there is please say what you would have done and why.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BATTLE ?.
    As you watch this battle is there anything you are curious about or maybe dont understand ? ,if there is please ask ,if i can help i will.

..................................................................................A MID-WEEK BONUS BATTLE.......................................................................................................................

HI ALL
    Today i thought i would put on a mid week bonus battle ,after the problems with last Saturdays battle ,as you might know last Saturday my computer over heated and shut down three times while it was uploading that battle , this caused the last part of that battle to not be synchronized between the commentary and the filming ,so i hope you enjoy this 3v3 battle ,this battle was also supplied by BH member Uther and was also fought 5 to 6 years ago ,its an interesting and i hope exciting battle for you to watch ,about three quarters of the way through this battle who do you think will win ? ,as always your thoughts and analysis very welcome .

DISCUSSION POINTS...

TACTICS AND STRATEGY
    As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently tactics or strategy wise ,if there is please tell us what ,and why you would have done that differently .

While watching this battle is there anything you are curious about or anything your not to sure about ? ,please ask if there is ,if i can help i will.

HI ALL

INTENSE ,EXCITING ,INTERESTING and CLASSIC are just some of the descriptions used to refer to this battle , see eight experienced RTW generals lock horns in this 4v4 large battle ,see the aggressive attacking tactics used by both armies ,and the great team work and support work by both armies too ,about three quarters of the way through the battle see who you think will win ,this is a VERY close battle that will probably keep you guessing who will win right to the end ,as you might have noticed the last three BH Utube battles have been "Retro" battles ,fouhgt maybe 7 years ago ,well this is a more modern battle , as always your thoughts and analysis on the battle very welcome.

CAN YOU ANSWER THE TACTICAL CAVALRY ATTACK QUESTION ?.

DISCUSSION POINTS...

TACTICS AND STRATEGY
    As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently tactically or strategy wise ? ,if there is please explain why.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS BATTLE ?
    As the battle unfolds is there anything you are curious about or do not understand ,if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; May 20, 2017 at 07:10 AM.

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood battle 263 ,its a newer battle ,and as you know i usually put on big 4v4 large battles ,this one is an exciting and interesting 3v3 large battle ,showing great defensive work and some great attacking tactics to ,and GREAT battle tactics in general by both teams ,the factions are Macedon ,Greek Cities and Rome ,see if the fantastic flexibility of the Roman units can out pace and out manoeuvre the slower moving enemy pike units ? ,or will the pike micro management prevail ? ,see if you can answer the tactical cavalry attack question ,i hope you enjoy this unusual 3v3 large battle ,and as always your thoughts and analysis VERY welcome ,always nice to get feed back on our battles.

DISCUSSION POINTS...

BATTLE TACTICS AND STRATEGY.
    As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently strategy and tactical wise ? ,if there is please say what you would have done and why.

As the battle unfolds is there anything you are curious about or dont quite understand ? , if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; May 27, 2017 at 05:24 AM.

Default Re: spart_commander's "Vintage" Classic RTW Multiplayer Battle Videos

HI EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood battle 264 ,i wanted to show this particular battle for a reason and that reason is i wanted to show how being aggressive and seizing the initiative can really help your team to go on and win the battle ,i hope both newer players to RTW and veterans alike will enjoy this battle ,see if our aggressive tactics will work and we go onto win the battle ,or will we be isolated by attacking to aggressively and lose the battle ? ,i hope you enjoy this battle ,and as always your thoughts and analysis of this battle very welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS...

As the battle unfolds is there anything you would have done differently tactically or strategic wise ?,if there is please say what you would have done differently and why.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS BATTLE ?.
    As you watch this battle is there anything you are not sure about or are curious about ? ,if there is please ask and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; June 10, 2017 at 03:17 PM.

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood battle 265 ,its a VERY close and unusual 3v3 battle ,can a team consisting of Britannia ,Carthage and Rome beat a team comprising Greek Cities and 2 Roman armies ? ,see some great attacking tactics ,and some great team work to ,see the Brit. Head Hurlers in action ,hope you enjoy the short bit of history regarding the battle of Cannae ,and hope you enjoy this battle ,as always your thoughts very welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS....

During the course of the battle is there anything you would have done differently ? ,if there is please say what you would have done and why.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BATTLE ?
    As you watch this battle is there anything you are curious about or are not sure about if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; June 18, 2017 at 11:09 AM.

................................................................................A SUNDAY NO CAVALRY MAX BONUS BATTLE..................................................................................................

Here is a Sunday bonus battle with a difference ,for years RTW players have been saying to us that the 6 cavalry max really favors the Rome faction ,and of course it does ,so last night (Sat 17/06/17) Stevelongshanks and myself who introduced the 31k game and rules to RTW ,decided to try a no cavalry max rule ,when we bought in the 31k game about 9 years ago , we wanted to have a no cavalry max rule, BUT a lot of players at the time that mostly played with the Rome faction wanted a 6 cavalry max ,so we kind of got out voted ,we still have the 2 Horse Archers max and 6 Chariot max ,BUT we are trying the no cavalry max to encourage more cavalry orientated factions into the 31k game.
    We would really like your opinion on this no cav max rule in the 31k game.

So this is Brotherhood battle 266 ,its a 4v4 large battle ,see the no cavalry max bring Scythia and Parthia to the 31k battlefield ,i hope you enjoy this unusual battle ,and as always your thoughts VERY welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS...

As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently ,if there is please tell us what and why ?.

As the battle unfolds is there anything you find curious or dont understand ,if there is please ask.

Last edited by spart_commander; June 18, 2017 at 04:09 PM.

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood battle 267 ,its a classic 4v4 large battle ,fought in the heat of the desert which really effects unit morale ,see the aggressive attacking tactics by both teams ,and some great team work to ,this battle has EIGHT really good RTW generals fighting it out ,i hope you enjoy this battle ,and as always your thoughts and analysis very welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS.....

As the battle unfolds is there anything you would have done differently ? ,if there is please say it was ,and why you would have done it differently.

As you watch the battle do you have any questions about the battle ? ,or anything you are curious about ? ,if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; June 30, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

..............................................................A FIERCE PIKE VERSES SWORD AND PILA BATTLE............................................................................................................

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood battle 268 ,its a classic battle supplied by Kleomenis ,three Pike factions Macedon ,Greek Cites and Seleucid commanded by three Greek Clan members....V....Three Roman Armies commanded by three Titan clan members ,see the aggressive attacking tactics of the Roman team ,some really nice tactical moves from them to , see the long battle line the Greek Generals try and hold with there pike factions ,this battle was fought between 3 and 4 years ago i believe ,these days on RTW you rarely get all the same clan members on each team for a 2 clan battle , so this is a rare interesting exciting two clan battle ,i hope you enjoy this VERY close battle that really goes down to the wire ,and as always your thoughts very welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS...

BATTLE TACTICS AND STRATEGY...
    As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently tactically and strategically wise ? ,if there is please say what you would have done and why.

As the battle unfolds is there anything you are not sure about or are curious about ? ,if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; July 02, 2017 at 02:11 PM.

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood YouTube battle 269 ,this battle was supplied by Kleomenis ,in this 4v4 large battle you will see a VERY aggressive flanking action, and some really massive cavalry attacks and counter attacks to ,as you watch this close battle about half way through who do you think will win ? ,there are a nice selection of factions in this game ,Rome ,Seleucid ,and Macedon , and some really experienced RTW generals ,this battle is Epic and i think is a real classic ,as always your thoughts and analysis very welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS....

As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently tactically and strategically wise ,if there is please explain why you would have done anything differently.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BATTLE.
    As the battle unfolds is there anything that you are curious about or dont understand ? ,if there is please ask and if i can help i will.

HI ALL
    Here is Brotherhood battle 270 ,this battle was supplied by Kleomenis ,and was fought 2 to 3 years ago ,right from the beginning of this battle it was a challenge to film ,as both teams seemed to split, and the battle developed into two distinct battles fought on both flanks ,so switching from one flank to the other to get all the action was a challenge ,see the great aggressive attacks and really good team work to ,towards the end of the battle as it moves into phase two see who you think will win ,i hope you enjoy this intense battle ,and as always your thoughts analysis and opinions about this battle very welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS...

As the battle unfolds is there anything you would have done differently strategically or tactically wise ,if there was please explain what you would have done differently ,and why.

As you watch this battle id there anything you are not sure about or are curios about ? ,if there is please ask and if i can help i will.

HI EVERY ONE
    Here it Brotherhood battle 271...AN UNUSUAL BATTLE ,featuring Seven different factions ,Seleucid ,Sythia ,Greek Cities ,Parthia ,Egypt ,Dacia and Rome ,as we were setting up i noticed one of the enemy team bought Parthia ,as we know Parthias strength is its cavalry ,so i said No cavalry max (still 2 HAs max and 6 chariot max) ,to give Parthia a fair chance on the 31k battlefield ,there were a lot of interesting army builds in this battle ,i think you will find them interesting as well as the battle ,in the very early stage of the battle unfortunately i had to kick one of our team from the game as they had lost contact with the game and had locked the game up ,so there we were 3 human players AND an A.I. army, verses 4 really good RTW generals on the other team ,i thought about terminating the game and re-host to get 8 Human players ,BUT because so many of the player had made an extra effort to bring "Different" armies ,i thought lets carry on ,and we would try and make a game of it with our A.I. Allie ,see who you think will win.
    As always your thoughts ans analysis of the battle and armies VERY welcome.

DISCUSSION POINTS...

As you watch this battle unfold ,is there anything you would have done differently during the course of the battle ? ,if there is please say what you would have done differently and why ,and lets see if other viewers agree with your thoughts ?.

As you watch this battle is there anything you do not understand or are curious about ? ,if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; July 22, 2017 at 07:28 AM.

HI ALL
    Here is Brotherhood battle 272 ,this battle is an unusual and intense battle ,featuring FOUR different factions ,Pontus ,Macedon ,Greek Cities and Rome ,this battle is fought at night ,and fought on a seldom used hilly map ,that will really try and test the skill and tactics of both teams ,see the really aggressive tactics in this battle, AND some really great team work to ,i think its great showing newer players to RTW how great team work really does help a team to win ,......and sorry for all the "BANGS" in this battle!! ,but there were a lot of big cavalry and chariot hits in this game ,as always your opinion ,analysis and thoughts on this battle VERY welcome ,always nice to get a bit of feed back on our games.

DISCUSSION POINTS...

As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently ,if there is please explain what you would have done and why ?.

As the battle unfolds ,is there anything you are not sure about or are curious about ? ,if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; July 29, 2017 at 06:41 AM.

...................................................................................................... A 2V2 MID WEEK SPECIAL BONUS BATTLE..............................................................

HELLO EVERY ONE
    As most of you know i usually just put an RTW battle on our Utube channel on Saturday mornings ,but today i got home from work and found no one was on the computer (very unusual !!) ,so i decided to put a mid week bonus battle on ,here is Brotherhood battle 273 ,its a VERY close 2v2 battle ,featuring FOUR different factions ,Macedon ,Greek Cities ,Seleucid and Rome factions , see who you think will win.

DISCUSSION POINTS

As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently tactically and strategically wise ? ,if there is please explain what you would have done differently and why ?.

As the battle unfolds is there anything you were curious about ,or maybe are not sure about ? ,if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; August 02, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

HELLO EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood battle 274 ,its a 4v4 large battle full of attrition from energy sapping cavalry and infantry attacks ,see how both teams try and ware the other team down in this classic 31k battle ,Trench warfare and slogging it out really comes to mind in this battle ,this is a VERY close battle see if you can guess who is going to win right up to the end ,some great attacking moves and some great support tactics in this game ,this battle is fought on a seldom used map to ,i hope you enjoy this battle.
    As always your thoughts and analysis on this battle very welcome.

As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently tactically and strategically wise ? ,if there is please say what you would have done differently and why .

As the battle unfolds is there anything you are curious about ,or are not sure of ? ,if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; August 28, 2017 at 04:04 AM.

HI EVERY ONE
    Here is Brotherhood battle 275 ,with this battle i wanted to show a possible counter to the great attacking combination of Germania and Rome ,the enemy team are all great experienced generals ,with two strong Roman armies ,and a really strong aggressive Germania army ,are the counter tactics that we use against these great armies and Generals enough to stop them ? ,how many of you have seen your entire team routed by fantastic combination attacks by Germania and Rome factions ? ,this is a very interesting and exciting battle ,who do you think will win ? ,i hope you enjoy this battle ,and i hope the counter tactics we try might give some newer players ideas about how to counter Germanias attacking tactics.

BATTLEFIELD TACTICS AND STRATEGY.
    As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently tactically and strategic wise ? ,if there is please say what you would have done and why.

As the battle unfolds is there anything you are not sure of or are curios about ? ,if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

...................................................................ATTACKING UP HILL ,CAN YOU EVER WIN ?......................................................................

HI ALL
    Here is Brotherhood battle 276 ,its an unusual intense hill battle ,one of the few hill battles i have ever put on this channel ,straight away you will see our team are at the bottom of the hill ,looking for a way to defeat the enemy team who are at a large elevated position ,what can we do ?......OPTIONS FOR OUR ATTACK.........1) Attack up hill the enemy from there elevated position will have extra Pila range and extra damage ,extra archer range and extra damage ,and a massive down hill charge bonus for both cavalry and infantry. 2) pull back to the rear of the map where the map is a lot flatter and more even. 3) Try and look for a strategically tactical position to move to(on higher ground if we can ?). How many of you have fought on a hill map ,and your team is attacking up hill ? ,as you will know it is very difficult ,i hope you enjoy this battle ,your thoughts analysis ,and opinion very welcome ,always nice to get a bit of feed back on our battles.

BATTLEFIELD TACTICS AND STRATEGY.
    As you watch this battle is there anything you would have done differently strategy and tactically wise ,if there is please say what you would have done differently and why.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS BATTLE.
    As the battle unfolds is there anything you are curious about or are not sure about ? ,if there is please ask and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; August 28, 2017 at 04:06 AM.

HI ALL
    Here is Brotherhood battle 277 ,the total number of both allied and enemy troops combined in this battle is 13.621 ,the enemy troops number 7.592, against our combined strength of 6.029 ,so before the battle even starts we are out numbered by about 1.500 ,ALSO this battle is unusual as the enemy team decided not to bring any Rome factions ,instead they have Seleucid ,Pontus ,Macedon and Britannia factions , against our three Rome factions and a Carthage faction ,see how our team does against the heavy chariot and cavalry attacks ,see how we do against 13 units of Britannia head hurlers ,and against thousand of long pike pike men ,this is an intense interesting and exciting close battle ,and as always your thoughts and analysis very welcome.

BATTLEFIELD STRATEGY AND TACTICS.
    As you watch this battle unfold is there any thing you would have done differently tactically and strategically wise ? ,if there is please say what you would have done differently and why.

As the battle unfolds is there anything you are curious about or dont understand ,if there is please ask ,and if i can help i will.

Last edited by spart_commander; August 28, 2017 at 04:07 AM.