Thread: Modding limitations only for steam workshop?

Default Modding limitations only for steam workshop?

Does anyone know anything about this? I read a few articles saying the limitations for making, say, a 40k mod were only enforced or applicable on steam workshop. This seems super unlikely to me knowing how stingy GW is with their IP. Just curious if anyone knows anything more?

Default Re: Modding limitations only for steam workshop?

I seriously doubt GW would not send you a cease and desist letter if you tried to mod any high profile game to be a 40k universe mod.

They love 40k, it's there spoiled rotten baby. They tried to sue Blizzard over Starcraft.

Idk what the official or unofficial mod limitations are.

However I do know that while CA wants to support modding, they don't want any mods stealing revenue from their DLC plans.

So some massive mod that makes Skaven a new playable race would probably be frowned upon, for instance.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Modding limitations only for steam workshop?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"we strongly recommend that you don't infringe on other ips for this title on the workshop or elsewhere"

GW is extremely stingy with their IPs, and it seems like CA had to work hard to convince them to let mods have support, I doubt they would be able to crack down on mods outside the workshop, but they can punish us in other ways.