Thread: Reload animations for cannons and muskets?

Default Reload animations for cannons and muskets?

Greetings fellow Legendary Lords,

So with Warhammer coming so soon, I've been watching a lot of Youtube battles in hopes of getting an early feel for the game.

However, I've noticed that there aren't reload animations for the cannons and muskets, with the faction in question being the Empire.

I just wanted to ask if that was an optional or graphical tie-in that comes with higher settings, or if indeed this is an across-the-game decision.

Thanks,
    Shadowscar

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Reload animations for cannons and muskets?

Animations are same on lowest and highest settings. There is a lot of animations missing, like cavalry still using lances in melee instead of swords or human heroes having only single attack animation in which they jump in the air and then slam their weapon to the ground.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Interesting as to why their missing.
    Better optimisation perhaps for higher FPS, or bugged? Maybe we will see more animations later on in the series?
    If it was for FPS, then for highest settings could they not of had more animations, even if the feature was turned off if needs be for MP?

Artillery has reload animations, just not the infantry guns.But either way that is pretty dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by Skowdey View Post
    Artillery has reload animations, just not the infantry guns.But either way that is pretty dissapointing
    It is considering we have been on the warscape engine since Empire, and that had reloading, but it still may be down to FPS and CA deciding on cutbacks for performance?
    No one mention DLC as a bad joke please!

Correct me if am wrong, but older tw titles had a lance-spear charge and then switching to a sword or axe or something. I mean the cavalry of course, is it possible they don't have that here?

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Correct me if am wrong, but older tw titles had a lance-spear charge and then switching to a sword or axe or something. I mean the cavalry of course, is it possible they don't have that here?
    They don't, its to differentiate between the regular cav with sword and board and shock cav with lances. I just wish knights would actually couch their lances and not just hold them the same way melee cav did in Rome II/Attila.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    They don't, its to differentiate between the regular cav with sword and board and shock cav with lances. I just wish knights would actually couch their lances and not just hold them the same way melee cav did in Rome II/Attila.
    Actually I am fairly certain knights in mtw2 couch lances for a charge and switch to close combat weapons when in melee.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Actually I am fairly certain knights in mtw2 couch lances for a charge and switch to close combat weapons when in melee.
    he means probably that they in TWWH don't have switching animations like MTW2
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Brettonian mounted yeomen switch from bow to sword but knights don't have a secondary weapon, instead they have poking to death animations. Seems to be playing into the separation of shock and melee cav dynamic. Looks odd and meh to me. In the next total war I hope they find a way to have lances as devastating one-shot weapons on the charge before switching to hand weapons.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

to be fair, i think one of the reasons CA wanted to do a fantasy setting was so that they could skip out realistic stuff claiming that its a fantasy setting so you dont need to reload or switch weapons
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Patrician

Except it does to go with Warhammer world, where those stuff actually matter

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

I've seen reload animations for a unit of dwarf crossbows.

Patrician

Only gunpoweders units do not have them. It is really awkward when someones dedicates time and money to make a butt scratch animation but not reload animation (which was already in previous games and they reuse spear cavalry animation from Rome 2/Attila for Knights in this one);

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Brettonian mounted yeomen switch from bow to sword but knights don't have a secondary weapon, instead they have poking to death animations. Seems to be playing into the separation of shock and melee cav dynamic. Looks odd and meh to me. In the next total war I hope they find a way to have lances as devastating one-shot weapons on the charge before switching to hand weapons.

Which seems an odd choice, doesn't it? It's not like the different weapons have different stats. In Rome II, the pikemen switches to swords in melee, but it didn't change their stats.

Frankly, the idea of knights being split between "Charge" cavalry and "Melee" cavalry is asinine. Are they trying to sell the idea that knights had to pick one specific thing at Knight School? Did he not have enough money to take both a charging class and a melee class?

"Sergeant, what about when we get stuck in? Should we switch to our swords?"

"Swords? SWORDS!? Nonsense! Foolish thing, a sword. It's made entirely out of metal, like some sort of... Dwarf woman! No no, Ser, we have something much, much better than a sword. We have a long, unwieldy stick with a point on the end, to jab awkwardly towards our attackers. Leave all that sword-flailing to the fools who think they don't need awkward-jab-sticks.

Be a man. Poke things."
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Frankly, the idea of knights being split between "Charge" cavalry and "Melee" cavalry is asinine.
    And unnecessary. We have cav with swords and cav with lances... but they can't fight with both? I'm sure there's a reason beyond the one I suspected but I've drawn a blank.

Are they trying to sell the idea that knights had to pick one specific thing at Knight School? Did he not have enough money to take both a charging class and a melee class?
    Haha well I guess they picked who took what class with those born between January-June were Lance trained and the July-December lot got sword training.
    Last edited by Markas; May 22, 2016 at 08:24 AM.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Because then the game would have 1 unit of cavarly that can charge and do extended melee, 1 unit of infantry that shoots muskets/bows and then uses swords for melee and everyone would cry how limited the unit pool is
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Well, I mean... A unit of archers can suck at melee even if you give them swords. CA isn't making all the archers thwack orcs about with their unstrung bows.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Arcturus Mengsk View Post
    Because then the game would have 1 unit of cavarly that can charge and do extended melee, 1 unit of infantry that shoots muskets/bows and then uses swords for melee and everyone would cry how limited the unit pool is

Total misfire with those arguments ;P