Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ad Mari a Mare general overview and discussion

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Ad Mari a Mare general overview and discussion

We will use native names for most of the factions, but as Aphain said, we are currently using "Kingdom of Hungary" name. If you think that "Regnum Ungariae" fits beter, there is no problem with changing this As for names for characters in latin the problem is, that game do not recognize if childrens names fits linguistically to their parents names. If we will add latin names for hungarian faction, the newborn heir and every other children of ruling hungarian dynasty can receive a name that is not hungarian at all As for the non-magyar units for Hungary, why don't you make some research and propose us list of them? We will see what can be done

Majkl's Avatar Miles

I had some discussion with Lifthrasir on their forums about reworking Hungarian roster. It is really difficult because few information is available. I tried my best but still could be improved I think. Link to discussion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eciated)/page6
    @factionname: I would recommend use of Regnum Hungariae but it is after all your decision
    Last edited by Majkl; October 25, 2016 at 02:04 PM.

We will use that name then Nice discussion you had with Lifthrasir, but I see that it's mostly about times to the beginning of XIIIth century? Our mod starts in 1232, so there should be some differences I think?

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Yes, you are right. I wanted to go on to 14th and eventually 15th century but no time. Also I got really discouraged once I found out all my pictures I have taken in National museum of Hungary in Budapest are gone cuz something is wrong with my camera SD :S

The project is promising indeed. A side issue: please check the title of the mod for, if it intends to be Latin, it's wrong. If you refer to the Vulgata (salm 72) the expression is "A mari [usque] ad mare". Definitely not in Latin: "ad mari", as "mari" is dative or ablative case and "ad" calls for an accusative case. Well, "Roma surrectum" was bad latin for a wonderful mod for Rome, so perhaps is the mistake intentional?

It's not reffering to Vulgata and it's not an intentional mistake This title was proposed by one of my friends on polish TW site. His treachery will not go unpunished

We decided to use free faction slot left from removing Habsburgs for third russian faction, Principality of Chernigov And we have a little problem with Papal States. It can be usefull, as excommunication mechanism can stop agressive factions from expanding too quickly, but in the other hand, there are crusades mechanics, which are totally unhistorical, electing popes from non-italian cardinals is also not very realistic We can remove this faction and give Rome to the Guelphs, which were supporters of Pope's rule. But is this a good idea? What do you think? I must mention that there is no way of removing crusades while keeping p_s faction, it's hard-coded mechanic and it cannot be modified.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvard View Post
    And we have a little problem with Papal States. It can be usefull, as excommunication mechanism can stop agressive factions from expanding too quickly, but in the other hand, there are crusades mechanics, which are totally unhistorical, electing popes from non-italian cardinals is also not very realistic We can remove this faction and give Rome to the Guelphs, which were supporters of Pope's rule. But is this a good idea? What do you think? I must mention that there is no way of removing crusades while keeping p_s faction, it's hard-coded mechanic and it cannot be modified.
    I'm just observer here, but IMO it should be removed. There'se been so many ways to abuse the crusade mechanism that it's worth sacrificing Pope to get rid of the crusades. The effects of the Pope can be handled by the trait system, I believe.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Mercenary man at arms:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Brabanzones - mercenaries from Duchy of Brabant

Campaign menu (work in progress)

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Hellvard, regarding the cursadesproblem, i´ve just found this :

link
    i´m not on my computer this week, but can you test this? maybe "papal" count´s as excommunication marker.
    regards
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; December 08, 2016 at 10:47 AM.

I think I will just remove papal states entirely and just simulate Pope in the other way

Almogavars

Examples of feudal titles:

Serbian banner bearers

Croat swordsmen and banner bearers

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Where is middle east ? No crusades no jihad?? You have destroyed the game I think

There will be no Middle East, because map is already at maximum size allowed by M2 engine, plus my mod is set in different timeframe. And why the heck do you think I destroyed the game? You want another clone of original M2 with whole Europe, North Africa an Middle East? Play Stainless Steel, Bellum Crucis or whatever.

A little sneak peak about Holy Roman Empire before it's main preview Every german faction (and all others, if they will gain control under certain provinces) will be able to recruit not only knights in the colours of their house, but also units of german regional knights. Below you can see Bavarian ones

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast