Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer Reviews and Videos (NDA lifted)

Default Total War: Warhammer Reviews and Videos (NDA lifted)

Last edited by Ethien; May 19, 2016 at 08:59 AM.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer Reviews and Videos (NDA lifted)

There's already a bunch of them released, the vast majority of which are very positive, despite frequently contradicting themselves (e.g. diplomacy). The only relatively less enthusiastic is GAMEREVOLUTION's one.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Honestly, most reviews should better be ignored, but even the Guardian, whose reviewer was one of the few journalists that panned Rome II, approved of CA's new game.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 19, 2016 at 10:38 AM.

Looks like I expected - Blobbing galore, completely anemic charges. Another Warscape game in other words.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Eh screw reviews, anyone on this forums knows more about Total war and what it is supposed to be than any of those random people. If anything its an indication of "what does new players think of this game" Watch Youtube people. My feed got flooded with them this morning.

Heirofcharthage reviews. This dude knows how to be critical and fair. As in he dont bash a game for the controversy and if he dont like something he'll say it. Also he knows TW game and battle mechanics better than most other youtubers from what I've seen. (From the warscape generation, Pixie is probably the best at the Med2 generation)

Last edited by Påsan; May 19, 2016 at 01:29 PM.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

damn, dwarfs need some high speed units.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Also, Legend of Total War. He is known to find and expose the cracks in the game's designs, since he actively looks for exploits and points them out. He does the job a QA tester is supposed to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JCT...gendofTotalWar

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

So, strategy has been castrated, according to RPS. That sounds bad.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by r3dshift View Post
    I am not worry, it sounds like something that can easily be changed with pfm.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Any concrete talk about performance? Hardly any of these so called reviews mention it....and after Rome 2, it's so ​important they get this right first time.

Quote Originally Posted by anduril38 View Post
    Any concrete talk about performance? Hardly any of these so called reviews mention it....and after Rome 2, it's so ​important they get this right first time.
    Heir of Carthage seems like he talked about it fair amount. Says it runs better than Attila on the same rig and hasn't gotten a single crash n 30 hours of playing.

It finally supports 64 bit systems, so that is a big help.

From what I can tell, it looks better than I feared but not as good as I hoped.

There seems to be loads of nice features and touches but I'm not convinced that they will cover over the gaping problems in the core of the game. Almost none of the reviews I have read even mention these problems, so either it isn't so bad in practice or the reviews are not objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Eh screw reviews, anyone on this forums knows more about Total war and what it is supposed to be than any of those random people. If anything its an indication of "what does new players think of this game" Watch Youtube people. My feed got flooded with them this morning.

Heirofcharthage reviews. This dude knows how to be critical and fair. As in he dont bash a game for the controversy and if he dont like something he'll say it. Also he knows TW game and battle mechanics better than most other youtubers from what I've seen. (From the warscape generation, Pixie is probably the best at the Med2 generation)

You are right, it is so infurating to see these mainstream outlets "reviewing" tw title, they clearly have no damn idea about total war.

One of the best examples is typing rome total war 2 on youtube and seeing IGN's review compared to Angry Joe or ReynoldSanity.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Rob Zacny (the RPS article author) is a very good critic; I would trust his review and I'm sure they'll discuss this game soon on his Three Moves Ahead podcast.

Most of the reviews I've seen are very positive; this is not going to be a TWR2 style release fiasco. Congratulations to WH fantasy fans -- enjoy.

Default Positive Reception

After the NDA was lifted we almost instaneuously saw good reviews and AJ on his warhammer livestream almost went as far as saying it could be only the 2nd 10/10 hes ever given and his word is respected.

Can the game keeps this steam?

If it is like Warhammer Games I have played, everything will be about levelling up.

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus_Malorkus View Post
    If it is like Warhammer Games I have played, everything will be about levelling up.
    It certainly seems so. Which I wouldn't mind per se, but stripping the strategy elements down to such a bare-bones state was a very bad decision.

Default Re: Positive Reception

Rome 2 got good reviews at first, and we all know what happened there.

I'm liking that Warhammer seems more solid at launch, but I'd wait a week or two to see the full overview.

Default Re: Positive Reception

Been a while since a Total War game has had this positive of a reception on release. Currently sitting at a 86% on metacritic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast