Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: NEW Buff and Shine: Better Mongols, Improved AOR and more 0.9

I have 2.4.2 version of broken crescent what things i need to download and install to get this submod? the dude above mentioned that there is standalone version of 5 gigs and a patch. what to do? And i wom;t change my browser with that mega nz website no thanks.
    Last edited by bordinis; November 22, 2016 at 09:45 AM.

Hi All, I'll post an update shortly and will put up a new smaller streamlined file very soon.

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    Hi All, I'll post an update shortly and will put up a new smaller streamlined file very soon.

Thanks all
    Thanksgiving Day gift?Will it release in this weekend?

Haven't finished?

Update Posted

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

New update for Buff and Shine!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Features:

2 New Factions to battle against!

(Will provide detailed update tomorrow as I've come back destroyed from work)

Mongols

• The mongols have been overhauled, no longer will they rush you with unlimited free instantly produced units. The Mongols still a realistic threat, but they are a fun threat, now they come in waves over a period of around 20 turns. Each time they capture a city a few more stacks appear both in Persia and the steppe.
    • Their recruitment has been significantly nerfed in a number of ways. They’re production times have been increased and their recruitment of elite troops restricted to Khitan and Volga-Bolagar areas. Making them far more balanced when compared to other factions. In compensation they can also produce auxiliary troops, this often results in late game Mongol increasingly reliant on auxiliary forces with a contingent of mongol elites.
    • In the late game the Mongols may also convert to Islam reflecting the historical situation at the time.

UI

• The Menu has been overhauled allowing full faction selection (all 23 factions except slave and mongols) for the grand campaign.
    • Has made us of Mike Golf's Broken Crescent Portrait Mod that adds many new culture specific portraits.

Buildings

• Implemented an Inspired Rolling_Wave's Feudal recruitment system. No longer build Barracks / Stables / Ranges for units instead one building will be responsible for most of the units recruitment. In an effort to depict the historical feudal/tribal alliance recruitment systems of the time period. Each culture has buildings historically appropriate for the time period. As a result of this recruitment is not instantaneous, you must develop your factions cultural infrastructure after every conquest.
    • As an extension of the feudal system it is now possible to recruit troops outside of home regions, however the arrive at far slower rate (this will need some tweaking for future releases.
    • Many new buildings.
    • Streamlined the building tree. All buildings now do something no longer are there useless buildings.

Combat

• I've implemented and tweaked Prince of Judah's Tiny Balance Mod making balancing battles and unit recruitment. Some units hadn't been adjusted from previous builds making some rosters weaker and far less effective both in battles and in the campaign. These changes are minimal but you will dramatically notice their effect for the better.
    • Implemented a modifed ReallyBadAI combat AI for challenging combat.
    • Have also implemented Germanicu5’s improved city layouts that are easier to navigate and result in the improved performance in ai sieges.

Traits

• Implemented the loyalty, supply, raid camp and health systems from Blood, Broads, & Bastards Dearmad & Pnutmaster adding both an extra RPG and strategic element element that fits well within Broken Crescent.
    • Added 50+ new traits that add flavour, rpg aspects and cool game-play elements.
    • Reworked the title system to be dynamic and effective. Examples include: conquer enough land as a Hindu faction and push the Muslims back past the Indus and you may be declared a Maharaja, or perhaps as Rome you lose Constantinople be prepared to be stripped of your title of emperor and face rebellions or even civil war.
    • A handful of new ancillaries have been implemented some from Stainless Steel amongst many that are brand new. Enhancing gamplay elements and additional rpg flavour. An example is the court system for all factions. You will now be available to nominate the chancellor, steward, treasurer and others throughout your realm.
    • Introduction of a trophy systemb if you defeat a different culture group decisively you will receive a trophy from them that gives unique benefits. A crusader shield for example will give you extra command and troop morale whilst a turkic bow will give you greater skill in ambushes and authority.
    • Generals with a dread rating can raid and pillage enemy territory for a financial gain but at the cost of reduced movement and range of sight penalty.

Campaign

• 2 new factions to fight against the Principality of Kiev and The Atabegs of Fars.
    • 15+ New events that will provide new challenges including the Trebizond Empire emerging, Dynamic Jihad script and many more.
    • Mass Conscription will come into effect when a faction is reduced to their last settlement and an army of mixed strength will muster in effort to push of enemies.

Historical Battles
    Three New Historical Battles
    More historically inspired than accurate, they are all fairly well balanced and work in multiplayer if that is your thing.

• Battle of Mamistra 1152: Byzantine Empire attempts to thwart the ambitions of independence for Cilician Armenia
    • Battle of Indus 1221: The last stand of the Khwarezmid Empire against the Mongols
    • Battle of Arsuf 1191: the famed battle between Richard and Saladin.

AI

• z3n's Skynet AI has been heavily tweaked an implemented for a more aggressive and smarter campaign AI.
    • Diplomacy has been improved, bribing is more likely and agents are used more effectively by both player and AI alike.
    • Elephants are less likely to stall sieges (at least in India)

Balancing

• Tried to reduce some factions OP during the campaign (looking at you KOJ) by tweaking king's purse, unit costs etc. I feel like it is a little more balanced.
    • A huge range of tweaks for battles, campaign and many other things.

Credits
    Mod assets/ideas that were used in this mod in no particular order:

• Rolling_Wave's HURB
    • MIKE GOLF Broken Crescent Portrait Mod
    • Prince of Judah's Tiny Balance Mod
    • Blood, Broads, & Bastards Dearmad & Pnutmaster
    • Germanicu5’s Really Bad AI
    • The community of TWC for their enthusiasm, advice and patience

Future
    Planning on fixing the numerous grammatical and spelling errors in much of the descriptions.

Installation
    I'd recommend a clean install of Broken crescent 2.4, but if you just have previous versions of Buff and Shine you should be able to place this over the top.
    Download the file, extract the file using winzip or 7zip, open Buff and Shine and extract the files into your Broken Crescent folder. Load it up and you should be right.
    Then Download the patch and Install.

I'd also recommend deleting the file map.rwn which is found in your broken crescent folder \data\world\maps\base.

If any crashes happen please post the logs so that I may see specifically what went wrong.

Base Download

https://www.mediafire.com/?znxv1091c928jr8

Thanks so much! should I place it with all the others patch or alone (like a final version)?

Thank you very much WeekendGeneral. I've been busy last days so I wasn't replying. What's precisely new in this version?
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    Thanks so much! should I place it with all the others patch or alone (like a final version)?
    The same question.Should I need 0.9 the first then place 0.95 or only need 0.95 with BC2.42.

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    The same question.Should I need 0.9 the first then place 0.95 or only need 0.95 with BC2.42.
    It's standalone, I cleaned the whole installation and needed files up.

Quote Originally Posted by vsivak View Post
    Thank you very much WeekendGeneral. I've been busy last days so I wasn't replying. What's precisely new in this version?
    I've barely been at home the last few weeks so absolutely no stress we all have lives that need us.

I've changed a few things:
    #Streamlined the install process so no longer bulky.
    #the battle AI it should also now fire without the need for any intervention by the player.
    #Mongol horde mechanics should be improved.
    #Added additional scripted events
    #Campaign and battle balancing.

It's standalone, I cleaned the whole installation and needed files up.
    Only need 0.95 without 0.9?Great!Because the 0.9 update is very big.
    Last edited by HuoShan; November 30, 2016 at 01:28 AM.

Can I play this patch with BC 2.4.2 or it can be only played with BC 2.4?

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    Can I play this patch with BC 2.4.2 or it can be only played with BC 2.4?
    Yes you can.

game crashed in turn 10 playing as Ayyubid..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oh my, that crash log is insane mine I have almost none of those it would appear that in streamlining the file I left essential files.
    Though I'm not sure what keeps triggering your crash as I'm currently playing an ayyubid campaign and have had no issues. Could you upload the save as well? Please

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    game crashed in turn 10 playing as Ayyubid..
    Wow my campaign crashed at turn 11 as Ayubids on rebel turn
    and i abandoned it because continous crash..

I think I might have figured out what might cause the crash. I installed the original BC 2.4 without 2.4.2. Then I copied the data from this submod into BC 2.4. It delayed the crash to turn 22 and here is the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KingTutEgy; December 02, 2016 at 09:12 AM.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

I just take a look and I love it, I will play in these days. I have 2,4,2 Broken.

When will be the version 1.0 of this submod?
    Can I give some Advices regarding what could be added?

Libertus

Hi WeekendGeneral ! In file name.txt on lines 177 and 178 there is an error:

(Alexios}Alexios Komnenos
    (AlexiosK}Alexios Megas Komnenos

When I note an error in text files, I write. Thank you for your work!

Quote Originally Posted by ZSV View Post
    Hi WeekendGeneral ! In file name.txt on lines 177 and 178 there is an error:

(Alexios}Alexios Komnenos
    (AlexiosK}Alexios Megas Komnenos

When I note an error in text files, I write. Thank you for your work!
    Thanks, though not an error they are both used
    AlexiosK refers to the general spawned in the trebizond emergecne script.