Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: NEW Buff and Shine: Better Mongols, Improved AOR and more 0.9

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    After getting some useful feedback about the ERE campaign some of the script I thought I fixed namely the uprisings has not in fact been fixed. Just uploading a patch to address this. If you are not playing as ERE then I'd recommend holding off this patch until your ready for the upgrade as I am not sure how save game compatible it will be.
    You mean except Buff and Shine 0.91 Mini Patch,and you will upload another patch?

After getting some useful feedback about the ERE campaign some of the script I thought I fixed namely the uprisings has not in fact been fixed. Just uploading a patch to address this. If you are not playing as ERE then I'd recommend holding off this patch until your ready for the upgrade as I am not sure how save game compatible it will be.
    WeekendGeneral, I would like inform you that you last generated map.rwm in the uploaded version 0.9 on 08.10.2016 but you changed campaign_script and descr_strat on 17.10.2016. According to what I know you should regenerate map.rwm after each change in campaign_script and descr_strat. Isn't that the reason why the new script doesn't seem to work?

Best regards

I was playing as the Ayyubids but my game crashed in turn 10, I tried multiple times to redo the turn but nothing happened. Anyone else has that problem? Also, I downloaded the link that is called Buff and Shine 0.9, is this the updated version?

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    I was playing as the Ayyubids but my game crashed in turn 10, I tried multiple times to redo the turn but nothing happened. Anyone else has that problem? Also, I downloaded the link that is called Buff and Shine 0.9, is this the updated version?
    Could you upload the system log? I haven't had any of the crashes that everyone seems to be having one this or BC 2.42

Also, my apologies the much smaller Min Patch 0.91 is the most recent patch to be installed on top of 0.90 Buff and shine. I hope that makes sense
    Last edited by WeekendGeneral; October 20, 2016 at 10:42 AM.

There is way more than that in the system log but I copied the last few lines for you.

11:25:01.410 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    11:25:10.829 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/fars/turks_janissary_infantry_info.tga
    11:25:12.334 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/168.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:25:12.334 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/168.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:25:12.335 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/168.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:25:12.335 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/168.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:25:13.020 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I attached the system log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dear WeekendGeneral,

There are a lot of errors in my log files that should be fixed. Just search for error and you will find them. I uploaded my logs to mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qtk7cd...x5/bc_logs.zip

Quote Originally Posted by vsivak View Post
    Dear WeekendGeneral,

There are a lot of errors in my log files that should be fixed. Just search for error and you will find them. I uploaded my logs to mediafire.

I know almost all of them with the exception of the new factions are in the base BC 2.42. I am slowly resolving them.

Also in regards to the script errors whilst you are correct that you should delete map.rwm the error was poorly that parts of it were incorrectly written. Now fixed.
    BTW please keep up the error reporting and feedback its super appreciated!
    Last edited by WeekendGeneral; October 20, 2016 at 04:39 PM.

I attached the system log.
    I will fix all these errors, though I can't seem to recreate the crash could you also upload your save? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vsivak View Post
    Dear WeekendGeneral,

Have you experienced any crashes yet?

I will fix all these errors, though I can't seem to recreate the crash could you also upload your save? Thanks
    I tried to play withe Seljuke of Iraq and so far I passed turn 10 and I have no errors which is great! I think I might try to play as the Ayyubid again so I can see if the crash will persists.

KoJ VH/VH Rnd4: everything is fine, but I had a CTD when I'd like to try a custom battle.

What I noticed is that historical battles are the same as the vanilla and battle of Arsuf is between Ayyubid and Georgia.

What I noticed is that historical battles are the same as the vanilla and battle of Arsuf is between Ayyubid and Georgia.
    Yes,I also find the historical battles are the same as the vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    Yes,I also find the historical battles are the same as the vanilla.
    My bad, if you place this in the data folder it should sort it out.

https://www.mediafire.com/?jv17x8wf3t8kdnz

If the Original Mtw2 historical battles are still showing you can delete them in the data/world/maps/battles/custom folder

My bad, if you place this in the data folder it should sort it out.

https://www.mediafire.com/?jv17x8wf3t8kdnz

If the Original Mtw2 historical battles are still showing you can delete them in the data/world/maps/battles/custom folder
    Oh,I copy your historical battles folder,but then get CTD.I delete Original ones.

I reinstall it then OK,strange!And I want to know how can make the arrow in ground not disappeared,THX!

My game crashed in turn 63 playing Seljuke of Iraq.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KingTutEgy; October 22, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

So after playing this a bit more I've noticed a couple of things any feedback would be appreciated:

Pro's

• The AI aggressively makes use of fleets and amphibious assaults now.
    • The AI is aggressive but is clever in withdrawing.
    • The diplomacy feels smart.
    • The RPG element makes character's interesting and managing their personalities feels meaningful.
    • The recruitment system works but may need some tweaking.

Con's

• Kara-Khitan is kind of OP do you guys think they should be nerfed?
    • Malikate of Sind is also Pretty OP
    • Venetian army of the fourth crusade spawns in the wrong place (Fixed)
    • The trebizond rebellion isn't spawning correctly (Working on it)
    • There's a random crash every 15-20 turns that once reloaded is no longer there.
    • The Black death notification has no cinematic.
    • Balista towers have been nerfed a bit to much.
    • The slave market system has been enabled for christian factions (blast!) though this might not be a bad idea if they provide a negative effect in happiness/religion for non Islamic factions.
    • Some UI fixes are required.

Future

• Cool to have some rebellion events for all factions like ERE.
    • Clean up the system log

My game crashed in turn 63 playing Seljuke of Iraq.
    Does reloading the game fix it or is it permanent crash?